PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to shop

MousseMan
02-05-2004, 04:12 PM
So I stopped in my local WalMart (Gloversville, NY) before going to work this morning since there's nobody there but the greeters and their coffee pals at 7am. I actually stopped to check the discounted Lego assortment but I decided to check the Star Wars figures before leaving. As I looked through the few pegs this loser images/icons/mad.gif walks into the aisle and starts watching over my shoulder. I paused to check out the Jabba's Palace Luke and he moves less than a foot away from me to see what I've got. Well, I wasn't going to buy anything and had to go anyway so I just gave him a dirty look and walked away. If I hadn't been in a good mood I would have said something. Before I had turned the corner he had emptied a whole peg, laid the product all over the place and was starting on the next peg. He was like a hungry dog eating, making a mess all over the place.

I doubt anyone on these boards act the same way, but give people a little room! BTW, the tray on Jabba's Sail Barge R2-D2 looks terrible.

Balki
02-07-2004, 01:44 AM
There's some goofball here that takes the figures off the pegs, looks at them, then sets them on the shelves instead of back on the pegs. He does it to about ten figures. Everything in the aisle will be straight; Star Wars looks like hell.

Back to topic though, yeah, that is annoying when people stand over you like that. Like, wait your turn, man.

GreenGoblin3825
02-10-2004, 02:04 AM
I recall at one point and time when slave leia first hit, I was standing in the back with some scalpers. The TRU that day had 12 cases of that asst coming in. There was a 60 yr old lady who ran a flea market stand waiting and when the second case came out I grabbed one or rather it was handed to me by a guy at the store. She tried to snatch it out of my hand and ended up tearing the package. So she decked me and broke my nose then got arrested and banned from the store. Gotta love not waiting your turn

grandpa_yoda
02-10-2004, 07:58 PM
must be the same guy that shadowed me in the
new york area they are all over

02-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I hate these peepin'Tom type of dudes also, but sometimes they just want to talk about Star Wars and don't know how to break the ice. Still, don't like anyone to stand behind me.

Deak_Starkiller
02-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Mousse Man:
Before I had turned the corner he had emptied a whole peg, laid the product all over the place and was starting on the next peg. He was like a hungry dog eating, making a mess all over the place.

<font size="2" face="arial">Just imagine what the same guys would do searching for that Treasure Hunt among hundreds of Hot Wheels, which I usually don't cuz it happens here anyway! images/icons/grin.gif

Well, at least the cards were laid out so someone could clean it up...what if you had come back and all the cards were bent and/or the bubbles crushed?!

Til next report...