PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Area News and Finds Part Deux!!!

08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Hey all! Since the last thread that I started has all but died, I figured it was time to start a brand new fresh one to get things rollin' again!

I've been out and about trying to find the new Clone Wars figures, and the only thing I seem to be finding is the Destroyer Droid Launcher. Say it with me, lucky me! <----- that's sarcasm by the way. Anyone having any luck with this stuff? I really want to find all the variations of the Clone Troopers - so my hunt continues. Oh and those new single pack troopers! *drool* So if any of you see any Clone Troopers, and don't need em yourself...HOOK A BROTHA UP! images/icons/wink.gif

I have an extra Luke Throne Room, Vader Throne Room, Snowtrooper and C3PO, all on the new gold cards if anyone needs them. Let me know and they are yours.

Alright, it's good to be back, and I hope things pick back up soon!

What are you waiting for Turbo? CrunchyNug? JodyB? GET TO POSTING! images/icons/wink.gif

aza77
08-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Hi, I'll keep a look out for the new clones for you. I also wondered if you knew where in the LA area I could find a tie bomber. There arent too many walmarts around here but the ones I have gone to dont seem to have any. Has anyone found one? images/icons/smile.gif Also, have you seen any of the endor or death star accessory packs on clearance at target?

Aj

08-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey Aza77 - Target on Jefferson in Culver City has both the Endor and the Death Star Accessory Packs in stock and on clearance.

I work in Culver City, so if you want (and they are still there on Monday), I'll be more than happy to grab them for you.

As far as the Tie Bomber goes, I have yet to see one in a retail store. I'll keep my eye out for you though.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for the Clone Troopers!

Let me know about those accessory packs!

08-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Whoa - don't everyone post at once images/icons/smile.gif

aza77
08-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey wonderboy, thanks for the offer. How much are the accessory packs going for? Also, I'm in Orange County today so I'll try to hit some places for the clone packs.

aza77
08-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Im also going to try and hit some walmarts for bombers but I doubt Ill have any luck.

08-24-2003, 10:03 AM
I think the Accessory packs are on clearance for $2.77 or something. I was less than 3 bucks, I'm sure of that.

I did some looking yesterday with JodyB, and had no luck with any retail stores...things are really slow out there right now in regards to Star Wars...The one cool thing he and I were able to find were copies of The Two Towers DVD's 4 days early! So that made the day well worth it!

aza77
08-24-2003, 05:27 PM
checked out a lot of walmarts and toyrus's and nothing except the droid launchers. Definately no tie bombers. I only have one scout trooper and would love to have more. If they are still there, itd be awesome if you could pick me up some and also the death star packs (if its convenient for you). Do you live anywhere near the Glendale area?

Jediknight760071
08-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey guys...picked up a secret ceremony anakin, droid factory padme, and a tusken raider...plenty of anis left...

Target...RSM, Sothern OC

08-24-2003, 10:36 PM
aza77 - yup, I live in Burbank.
I'll grab those accessory packs for you tomorrow on my lunch. Are you talking about the 12" Scout? If so, I'll keep my eyes open for you.

JediKnight760071 - Welcome and grats on the finds!

I hit some stores in the Burbank/Glendale area this morning and found absolutely nothing! TRU in Burbank isn't even stocking figures anymore. They have a section for the Clone Wars multipacks, but they were empty both on Sat and Sun.

aza77
08-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Hey wonderboy, I went to tru burbank today and target and found nothing there as well. I havent seen any clone packs, ever. I wonder when theyre coming...
Im actually not looking for the 12 inch, just the endor and death star sets accessory sets. Id buy as many as they have, theyll look good around the shuttle. Thanks again. images/icons/smile.gif

aza77
08-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey wonderboy, I went to tru burbank today and target and found nothing there as well. I havent seen any clone packs, ever. I wonder when theyre coming...
Im actually not looking for the 12 inch, just the endor and death star sets accessory sets. Id buy as many as they have, theyll look good around the shuttle. Thanks again. images/icons/smile.gif

aza77
08-27-2003, 03:24 AM
Hey wonderboy, have any luck?

08-27-2003, 10:04 AM
I live in the Lancaster/Palmdale area and I recall seeing a few TIE bombers left in one of out area Walmarts last time I was in one a few weeks ago. I am due to make a run there again soon, so I can pick up a bomber for you if you are still looking for one. THe only issue is how to get it to you....I could mail it I suppose...let me know what you think.

aza77
08-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey thanks for the offer megaptera, do you remember how much they were? How far is lancaster from LA?

Stim
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Anyone know a good place to buy Star Cases in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks.

aza77
08-28-2003, 01:53 AM
I saw count dooku and anakin speeders at toys r us in monrovia, on huntington off the 210.

08-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Lancaster is out the 14 north, I guess it usually takes me about an hour and a half with "normal" traffic....I may go this afternoon....I will buy one if I see one. I think they were still full price around $29.

08-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Just went on a mini toy run on my lunch hour and found the new Cinemascenes at TRU in Culver City. They had 1 Geonosis, and 2 Jedi Councils. I hid one of each, so if you're interested, PM me and I'll let you know where I stashed em.

aza: By the time I made it back to Target, all of the accessory sets were gone images/icons/frown.gif Sorry about that. I'll keep looking for ya.

aza77
08-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks for checking wonderboy

Stim
08-28-2003, 09:29 PM
If anyone has any extra of the Jedi or Clone Army builder packs, I'd love to buy them off you! (I'll pay over retail.)

Any idea if these show up at Frank and Sons, and if so, how much?

Thanks.

08-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Hey all - I thought I'd offer this up here before I tried to sell it on ebay. I have an extra Japanese Kotobukiya Clone Trooper Commander Vinyl Model up for grabs if any of you are interested. It's the Commander with the Yellow Markings, and it's limited to 1000 models. They are 1/7 Scale and stand about 12 inches tall when assembled. They were only available in Japan, and are very, very cool.
I'm just looking to get what I paid for it, which was $100. So if your interested send me a PM and we'll go from there.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/sw119big.jpg .

[ 08-30-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: wonderboy79 ]

DaBigKahuna
08-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Hello Wonderboy, I like the idea of reviving this local thread. I hope your able to sell that cool looking clone trooper.

-Fish-

09-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Wonderboy, Checked 2 of the 4 local Walmarts in the Antelope Valley for TIE bombers and they didn't have any. I will check the other 2 soon and will let you know if I can come up with one....

09-07-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm going to Palm Springs next weekend i'll see if i can find a TIE for you i guess i can mail it to you and all you will pay is the price i pay and the shipping

Stim
09-13-2003, 08:29 PM
If anyone finds any of these Value Packs at Wal-Mart, I'd gladly buy some extras off you. Especially those ARC Trooper value packs -- I'm looking to get a few sets of those for a diorama. I'd also pay a couple bucks over retail too.

Also looking for the Green Trooper 3-Pack if anyone turns that up.

Or, if anyone sees any of these at the local Wal-Marts, drop me an e-mail and I'll speed up there myself! Thanks a lot!

steve.altiere@verizon.net