PDA

View Full Version : Look what I haven't found - anyone else having this problem?

JediMasterCorranHorn
04-22-2003, 01:43 AM
Are there any other walmarts out there that have not gotten any cases of the Fett wave so far? I've checked mine every day for a month, and nothing but endor troopers are on the shelf. I'm in Ashland, KY, BTW. The employees say that until the old stuff sells, the warehouse will not send them any new stuff? Is this B.S.? That old sh*t they have will never sell until they mark it down. LMK, if you guys have run into the same problem. We got one case of the first Barris Offee assortment and that's been it. Later.

SixthNewKid
04-22-2003, 03:12 AM
I am in Sacramento California and I feel your pain. Whats funny is that article on the front page about how Hasbro sales are down. hell you cant even find half their stuff on the shelves. If we cant buy it how can they expect to meet their sale goals?

Bob_O_Fett
04-22-2003, 10:28 AM
I can second the lack of new product out here in Sacramento, CA. You're not alone there in KY. As sort of an addendum to your question I have to ask if anyone around the nation knows what's up with TRU? Over the last couple weeks the local TRU's seem to have few or no new figures and certainly haven't gotten any of the new waves in since the Teemto wave. Has anyone else found the same at their local TRU? Does anyone know what the heck is going on with them? It would help if there was another retailer caryying the newer waves.... images/icons/confused.gif

Lusiphur
04-22-2003, 10:29 AM
My Wal-Mart had a bunch of pegwarmers. Then they got rid of everything but The Pilot wave and newer. They have been getting about one case of new figures per week. I am caught up except for Ashla & Jempa, Han, and Chewie. The Wal-Mart in the next town over has had the same Jnago Pilots and Lott Dodds for the last two months. Oh yeah, and one Anakin OPD. Different stores get different stuff. Keep Looking.

_DJ_
04-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Yes, the "empty handed collector syndrome" is affecting almost everyone it seems.

Here in Utah, there is little to no new SW product anywhere.

The last new figure I saw in a store was a spear pokin OB-1. A single figure hanging and that was because the card was beat to hell. Then again, it was gone the next day so someone really wanted it.

Sure hope things start to look up around here, before the TRD Vader, Luke and Emperor start to hit. Those are only a small amount of the select number of new Saga figures I want, and I have a bad feeling I will never see 'em at retail.

And I don't see anything happening with the distribution of the Unleashed line either. With so many store selling out in a day, and yet others still with a serious back log of Jango and Maul, I fear I will miss the new unleashed as well. Never saw either Vader, Leia, Mace or DooKu in a store. But thanks to fellow collectors, I have all of them in my collection.

Now if I could just talk the wife into buying me both the Anakin and Padme unleashed for fathers day...I'd be satisfied for a little while. images/icons/tongue.gif

Captain_Piet
04-22-2003, 11:02 AM
No joke guys, but the last new figure I saw in a store here in New Jersey was the Saga Destroyer Droid. That was in January, I think.

04-22-2003, 11:18 AM
hey guys, i can get you all a screamin mace or a disguise padme, or even the ultra rare senator jarjar. no really. i'll hook you up. in other words, yeah, things suck here too. we were talking about this yesterday in the Andy forum. this blows. we got nothing an SoCal used to be the place to find anything saga. oh well, we can always do what GNT says, "wake up and pay the price(online)"....yeah right. i'm holding out for my right to retail.

Drew724
04-22-2003, 11:37 AM
I don't know how different Ashland and Louisville are in terms of distribution, but we haven't seen much here either. I saw reports that we got the Boba Fett wave in at 1 Wal-mart, but that's it. Nothing widespread. I check 3-4 times a week, and nothing. I did find the newer Dooku and Obi-wan, but that's it. Hasbro and/or Walmart, whomever is at fault, needs to get on the ball!

Darth_Dork
04-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Here in the Houston area there are probably a total of 50 Targets, WalMarts, and TRUs. Very little stuff is showing up. One WalMart I go to has the same 30 figures. They get a new case, and it sells out in a day. Then we're back to the same old 30 figures. It's pretty much the same at all the stores here. Target had a 2 for $5 sale last week on the figures, and their shelves are a bit less packed, but still no new figures. images/icons/frown.gif

Jedi_Drew
04-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Here in Cleveland, OH. I was lucky enough to find all the new figures at one WM on one day. I have all the figures up to Barriss. But since then, about a month ago, I haven't seen s**t. I had to open up the cases of figures on the pallet while being watched by two WM employees. I bet that they wanted them. Now I'm back on the hunt since Yoda+Chian ect. are showing up. Happy Hunting and Support our Troops.

04-23-2003, 01:40 PM
glad to see someone's getting somthing good. how'd you get to open the pallet at walmart?

p.s. you've got the right idea...Support our Troops. images/icons/cool.gif

Bob_O_Fett
04-23-2003, 09:19 PM
I think all the new figures are going to Arizona. images/icons/wink.gif Whenever I stop by their thread it seems somebody is finding the new waves at either Walmart or Target. What is going on with the rest of the country? images/icons/confused.gif

Keith_Adi_Mundi
04-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Look what I havn't found:

1. Research Droids SP-4 & JN-66
2. Ephant Mon
3. Padme Droid Factory Chase
4. Tuskin Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush
5. Imperial Officer (Saga Card)
6. Rebel Trooper (Saga Card)
7. Eeth Koth (Saga Card)
8. Teebo (Saga Card)
9. Aayla Secura
10. Barriss Offee
11. Lama Su with Clone Youth
12. Mace Windu Arena Confrontation
13. Anakin Secret Ceremony
14. R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight
15. Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
16. Han Hoth Rescue
17. Chewbacca Mynock Hunt
18. Yoda & Chian
19. Ashla & Jempa
20. Red Battle Droid

I live in Dallas and I make the rounds to all of the usual places at least 3 times a week. For a city the size of Dallas, this sucks. I'm getting tired of finding nothing new. I'm at least 20 figures behind, with no hope in sight. images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

[ 04-24-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Keith-Adi-Mundi ]

04-24-2003, 11:40 AM
I think all the new figures are going to Arizona. Whenever I stop by their thread it seems somebody is finding the new waves at either Walmart or Target <font size="2" face="arial">i guess they get rewarded for not bowing to the pier pressure of day light savings like the rest of us. images/icons/tongue.gif

[ 04-24-2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Sushi Head ]

04-24-2003, 11:45 AM
hey KAM, with todays gas prices maybe you should just buy them off ebay. you've got to be spending at least that much in gas on your hunts.
but if you're like me you just can't bring yourself to give them the satisfaction. am i right? images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_Delirious
04-24-2003, 11:49 AM
At least you guys get peg warmers... I don't understand how a business will have empty pegs with nothing on them. It just doesn't make good business sense. It makes me wonder if they (WalMart and Target mainly) are even getting anything. I know that TRU still has tons of old peg warmers but the Walmarts and Targets by me have nothing, not even the old stuff. I think the problem might be larger than what we think. Especially in the Targets by me, they've got absolutley nothing, No Lord of the Rings, no Ninja Turtles, no GI Joes, etc, etc. It's like they are purposely not getting any toys. You walk down the toy aisles and it's like walking down a Christmas ailse one week after Christmas, IT'S HORRIBLE!

RangerX
04-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bob O'Fett:
I think all the new figures are going to Arizona. images/icons/wink.gif Whenever I stop by their thread it seems somebody is finding the new waves at either Walmart or Target. What is going on with the rest of the country? images/icons/confused.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Ya, a few of the collectors in our area have gotten lucky in scoring some new figs but for the most part it's the same situation out here at the rest of the country... this stinks. All of the new stuff that actually does make it to the shelves is gone inside of a few hours but I swear between the lot of us we probably couldn't fill more than 3 cases (and there are a lot of us). I haven't seen any of the new waves myself yet and for that matter I still have yet to see an Ephant Mon on the pegs! Hopefully this dry spell will come to an end soon and we'll see tons of new product out there.... Hasbro is making this stuff, it has to be going somewhere!

Wishing all good luck on the hunt!

04-24-2003, 03:43 PM
I'll now step down from my soap box. <font size="2" face="arial">and i will now get up on mine....

i just bought a loose bantha, 5 tuskens, and 3 carded figs from this guy on ebay. first of all i payed like $46(which i think is a good price). then for shipping the guy charged me actual cost which came to $5.30. he packed everything real well and it came quickly. during this same time i can't tell you how many tusken raiders i looked up that were going for$4-$10 pkus $6+ shipping for 1 figure!! when i emailed some of them asking them about the high sh/cost they would all tell me the same thing,"oh well, i pack all my figs very well in bubble wrap and proper containers to ensure mint condition. check my feedback." images/icons/rolleyes.gif if you do the math of the box+bubble wrap+shipping they're still making money off of shipping. i hate those guys that make you pay for thier ebay/paypal/packaging/handling fees on top of the scalper mark up of the fig itself. AAARRGGRRLLLLAAR ARAR ARR AR!(angry chewie) images/icons/mad.gif

ok i'm stepping off the soap box.....who's next? images/icons/tongue.gif

04-24-2003, 06:15 PM
just thought i'd let you all know i saw this in case you need them. it's the trashcompactor sets on ebay. it's not a bad price since we can't find them. btw, no, i'm not the seller nor do i have any affiliation. just trying to help out. images/icons/smile.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3128603494

Jedi_Drew
04-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Sorry it took so long to respond-but they had a pallet of toys out on the sales floor and I saw the cases and opened them. If it's on the sales floor it's free game in my book. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif Happy Hunting-Support Our Troops!!!

04-24-2003, 06:26 PM
did ya get anything good? images/icons/shocked.gif

Jedi_Drew
04-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew:
Here in Cleveland, OH. I was lucky enough to find all the new figures at one WM on one day. I have all the figures up to Barriss. But since then, about a month ago, I haven't seen s**t. I had to open up the cases of figures on the pallet while being watched by two WM employees. I bet that they wanted them. Now I'm back on the hunt since Yoda+Chian ect. are showing up. Happy Hunting and Support our Troops. <font size="2" face="arial">Thats all I found-the Targets and TRU suck around here.

JediMasterCorranHorn
04-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Talked with a fellow collector from the Winchester, KY area today. They have had one case of Fett wave to date, no sightings of Yoda 2 pack or Younglings. Ashland is still dry and useless. Walmart, Target, TRU, KB are all busts. Thinking about buying online at this point. Did see new MOTU Adam and Sy-Klone and Transformers Thundercracker at Ashland Walmart, so they are getting new toys - just not SW. The head lady at Towncenter is kinda *****y and must hate SW, but she's nice the local scalper who owns the scalper store "Treasure Chest". Later.

r2d2tjk
04-25-2003, 12:23 AM
One bright spot about this shortage is that my wallet has had a nice rest. I figured the Easter shopping season might bring new stuff. Wrong again. Now I'm waiting for the Clone Wars roll out. images/icons/wink.gif

Keith_Adi_Mundi
04-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Sushi Head:
hey KAM, with todays gas prices maybe you should just buy them off ebay. you've got to be spending at least that much in gas on your hunts.
but if you're like me you just can't bring yourself to give them the satisfaction. am i right? images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I will not give online scalpers the satisfaction of charging me two or three times the price of the retail value of the figure. If nobody bought from scalpers, then the scalpers would not buy the figures from the store, which would leave figures on the shelf for collectors like us.

Plus, shipping costs ebay sellers charge is outrageous! A couple of years ago you could get up to 3 figures shipped to you for around $3.20. Now these greedy ebay sellers charge as much as $7.00 to ship one figure. How can they justify this raise in cost? I know postage went up a little bit over the last 2 years, but not that much. It's just another way for scalpers to stick it to us.

Also, I collect Mint on Mint Card only. When I buy on ebay I never know what someone else's interpretation of MOMC is. I have bought figures in the past expecting a C-9.5+ and when I received it in the mail it was more like a C-8 in my opinion.

I'll now step down from my soap box. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Wiskman
05-21-2003, 03:16 PM
I still think its the whole SARS thing. These figures that are on ships in China supposed to be sent to the US, but they probably docked them because of the virus or lack of workers who are sick with the virus.

r2d2tjk
05-21-2003, 03:32 PM
For the first time in months, I found new figures in northern Chicago suburbs. I found the Droid/Spider Deluxe sets at a Target and the Anakin Wedding, Flying R2d2, and Arena Mace/Obi at a nearby Wal-Mart. Only one of each, but they were new stuff. I did find that two Targets had zero Saga figures which makes me wonder if they are getting ready to restock for the Memorial Day Weekend. We shall see.

images/icons/wink.gif

_DJ_
05-21-2003, 04:00 PM
"Stay on Target" images/icons/grin.gif

Sorry couldn't help myself.

It's true, Target seems to be the place to find anything more than the Lott Dod wave.

My wife found both the Boba Fett and Hoth Han Waves at our local Target this past weekend.

She picked up a Fett and a Han for me, because that's all I was after, and left the rest hanging.

Looks like Target's back on the list of stores to hit while hunting. After a long absence that is.

05-21-2003, 04:20 PM
i just got back from TRU with the new matrix figs. my cotact put the box out on the floor right at my feet straight from the truck. that's a nice feeling even if it isn't SW. there was only one trinity, 1 twin, 2 morpheus, and a bunch of neos. hope this helps someone.

still now SW figs though. images/icons/frown.gif and yeah, there was a mysterious reapperance of old saga figs fully stocked. images/icons/mad.gif

Darth_Big_Boy
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
We got in one case here at the Winchester, KY WM but the Fett was gone by the timne I found em.

05-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Not Airzona but Maine! LOL LOL images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

Huff
05-22-2003, 12:38 AM
I've been going to my Walmart every morning on the way to work for 5 weeks now and all I see is the same 5 figures. Then today they get 2 cases of figures(Lott Dodd wave) and they are the same ones they packed up and sent back 2 months ago. images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/confused.gif

WampaTaunTaun
05-22-2003, 12:50 AM
At my local TRU they've had the same figures (0 new) since January.
I went in yesterday and was told that Hasbro will be picking up the remaining figures soon and they will have new stock late May/early June. Hopefully soon. 5 months w/o a new figure is depressing . images/icons/frown.gif