PDA

View Full Version : Official G.I.Joe Thread!

MaldorianHeretic
11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
alright...no more foolin around..heres for tha Joe lovers in here!

anything joe related Questions...feel free to Awnser q's...I will Try my Best to Awnser all Questions....or just for us Joe lovers that want to chat . either way ...this is the place!

so what do you think of the new toys?

RAH or JVC????

(real American Hero/ Joe Vs Cobra)
(84-------------98 / 01------present)

PMundheim
11-17-2003, 10:28 PM
I'll take RAH over JVC anytime. I was excited to hear about the new stuff coming out, but really it is some sad looking stuff.

Why are their legs so long?

They ruined Firefly, Flint, Recondo and Airborne with the new incarnations. I hope they leave Falcon alone.

Sadly the best JVC figure I have seen is the Duke in that Built to Rule line.

I do like the fact that they keep rehashing some of the original Figures with new paint Jobs.

I was amazed recently at a show how much the Old stuff was going for....the majority of my stuff met with the "Frakenstein" screwdriver....

solofett
11-17-2003, 11:34 PM
i love both the old stuff and the new but my most fav fig is the last snakeyes that came out super articulate and a bad *** outfit some of the new figs do have to small of a head for the body but i like tocustomize so i can work with them.by the way does anyone read the new joe comics if so is storm shadow still a bad guy,also is snake eyes face still messed up i know in the origenal he had it fixed but them they thru hot stuff in his face and i don't remember them saying anything about his face again...........solofett

KING
11-18-2003, 08:51 AM
I can't bare to go to this thread in fear of re hatching a mental illness in collecting Joes. That happened when I first had visited yoJoe.com images/icons/frown.gif

I had started back in 82. Collected for ten years. Everything from vehicles, Comics, Cards, Even those horrible VHS tapes. Had almost every figure including the Rare Brazilian Snake Eyes yellow padded fig.

Then I got Married, Moved to the hellish lands of Northern Vermont and learned how horrible winter and all that entails can be to a eco car with front wheel drive. That car was mint until we got it up here images/icons/frown.gif I had to sell my collection for a fraction of what it was worth and regret it daily. The money from it went into the car which only a year later was crushed while I was sitting in the breakdown lane on the phone with AAA. This semi came up and nearly killed me and definitely killed the car. I watched as hundreds of dollars were smashed to bits. And my gi Joes who went to multiple homes were sold for nothing images/icons/frown.gif

Well at least I hadn't sold my Star Wars!! images/icons/smile.gif And I'm still alive to enjoy them!!!

[ 11-18-2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: KING ]

PMundheim
11-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Ouch!!!

I still regret selling my USS FLAGG (it was Mint Complete and TOO Cool) and come to find out, my wife says she would have been OK with my idea to turn it into a Coffee table in the Game room.....

I ended up trading most of my stuff off too, but I got a Vintage Complete In the Box Vintage DeathStar Playset for a Complete Water Mocassin or something equally small....

With the new stuff, I did get suckered into a few sets, but I am just left wanting a bit, knowing what all the other toy companies can do with the same or similar scale.....

Oh and according to the new comics, Storm Shadow is a bad guy again (the old Cobra Brainwave Scanner thing) but he does struggle with it.

dustrho
11-18-2003, 09:42 AM
I used to own a ton of GI Joe figures and vehicles, but then I sold all of it on eBay a year ago to buy more Star Wars stuff. How do I feel about it now? I totally regret it. I want to start the collection again, but my wife says to just stick with Star Wars.

The original RAH is much better than the new JVC toys... hands down.

my_kind_of_scum
11-18-2003, 11:56 AM
My mom sold my complete USS Flagg for 17 dollars to a neighbor when she decided that I was too old for toys and cleared them all out - vintage sw, motu, joe, etc...

Now I'm nearly 30 and her basement is currently full of toys that I don't have room for while living in a small apartment for the next couple of years while my wife finishes med school. I think I got my revenge. But dang, I miss that Flagg. images/icons/wink.gif

Lady_Jaye
11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Just becareful she doesn't sell your new stuff!!!!! Aww screwed again!!! LOL!!!! images/icons/grin.gif

11-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I like the new series, since I got re-addicted. The sculpts are just so much better! C'mon people, anyone the likes ARH better is just being sentimental when so many old figures are being updated!

[ 11-18-2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Coleman Trebor ]

MaldorianHeretic
11-19-2003, 02:57 AM
I agree 100%

PMundheim
11-19-2003, 09:23 AM
I am not so sentimental/nostalgic that I find it an abomination that Hasbro would be so bold as to re-sculpt them (much the way the 64 era Joe collectors get) but there seems to have been a short circuit between the plan and the execution.

They have dropped the ball on a couple of sculpts that I am sure really COULD have rocked.

Firefly and Beachhead just don't seem to cut it.

I think the fact that they all have big Animation feet and hands is a bad thing. And that their legs go all the way to their arm pits and their knuckles almost drag the ground. I bought the first 3 series of them so it is not like I just looked at the Package. And compared to a RAH Joe they do have some improvements. Like 80% of the Joes in the RAH line have a "Barrel" chest, which if you scaled it out would make them "Chunky" by Super Elite Soldier Standards...

I also like the RAH weapons. At least MOST of them (before they got out of hand in the 90's) were based on real weapons and decently scaled.

Its not all about hatin' though, the new Snow Serpent I have is awesome (even though he now has a RAH Snow Serpent rifle)

And if they would have put Recondo's Slouch hat on him instead of the Baseball cap....look out!!!

[ 11-19-2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: PMundheim ]

PMundheim
11-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Wow a double post, sorry....

[ 11-19-2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: PMundheim ]

Lady_Jaye
11-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Don't forget Recondo's mustache. Hhe jsut isn't the same without it!!!

And it isn't all about nostalgia, I would have loved to have seen a new improved update, like the new He Man line. Butonly some of the figures are worthy of the GI JOE name. The actual Joes are all pretty lame and boring. They don't have taht pizazz, i mean just look at Recondo and Flint. There is jsut something missing.

Plus thoe re-hasehd weapons and body mold mean they're only half assing the line. But liek Hasbro when isn't that the case.

CaptKain
11-19-2003, 04:45 PM
*SNIFF* Cheers all fellow Joe fans.

I used to collect GI Joe from Series 1 al; the way up to when the Conquest Jet came out. Then I was getting a little old for it.
So what does MY MOTHER do as well?....Sells ALL MY GI Joe to my uncle for a crappy mountian bike.
Man I had Joe HQ, Terror Drome, Oil Platform, x2 APC x3 Sky Striker, x2 Rattler, Hyrofoil, Hovercraft, Dragon fly...all the way top EVERY mini set put out (IE Joe serach tower, Cobra Bunker, mail away wiindsurfer). I had 114 figures in total.
Man, this is bringing back good memories all I have still is all my Joe Comics from issue #1

I fell back into the GI Joe stint a short while in High school by buying Sgt Slaughters Mauler (APC with 2 rockets on top) in the mid 90's.

Favorite figure: Cobra Elite Crimson Guard (The red troopers..had x3 of him)

BTW...Anybody know if there EVER was a mini series cartoon of Joe vs Iron Grenadiers?
I head about it a few years back. Never seen it or had anybody answer yes that it existed to date.

[ 11-19-2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: CaptKain ]

madmartigan37
11-19-2003, 10:02 PM
I love the new comic series. The return of Serpentor arc has been great. I am interested to see where they are taking it.

PMundheim
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Ok of all the "re-paints" back in the day what was everybody's favorite?

I LOVED the 1988-1989 Nightforce. They picked good characters and gave them good Night Ops Paint jobs...nobody had YELLOW or ORANGE. Night Force Falcon was very good. And Night Force Tunnel Rat was not bad either.

I wasn't much into Tiger Force or Python Patrol or the DEF stuff though....

Anybody else have a favorite?

KING
11-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Python Viper was prety dang sweet though. Red face plate. He looked cool. Tiger force.... Ugh. That was the end.

[ 11-20-2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: KING ]

deepfriedhushpup
11-20-2003, 04:49 PM
i never let anyone touch my joes, i still have everything from the early 80's i had as a child. over 120 figures and many vehicles, whale, rattler, joe hq and many others. all loose and in damn good condition too images/icons/grin.gif

my other toys didnt fair too well, vintage star wars, playskool action figures, battlestar galactica, all of this went to the thrift store by moms images/icons/frown.gif

the new joe line doesnt mean squat to me. no visible similarities, no file cards, no heart and soul in my opinion.

Darth_Schitzo
11-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Actually, the new joes do have file cards, they are in the package. I have ben very happy with the new line the only problem i have is ne new Crimson guardsman. The new valor vs. venom looks kind of bad though but i think i will have to wait until i get them in my hands to give an opinion. I would have liked them to stay with the JvsC line though.

Inigo_Montoya
11-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Unlike several R.A.H. purists who were with it from the beginning, I really enjoy the movie. images/icons/cool.gif

Pythona's a babe.

CaptKain
11-21-2003, 09:05 AM
What does R.A.H. stand for?

and on the Joe movie that had Cobra La...crappy. Only good..better yet awesome part was the new Theme tune and cartoon for the beginning of each episode.

Sorry, but the flying slugs that had troops in them and ya pull a vein to open a base entrance...retarded.

[ 11-21-2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: CaptKain ]

dustrho
11-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by CaptKain:
What does R.A.H. stand for?<font size="2" face="arial">Real American Hero

madmartigan37
11-21-2003, 10:10 AM
I agree that cobra-la was retarded but the movie was pretty cool. I loved the opening, beachhead's training sessions and Sgt. Slaughter.

KING
11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
I mean come on, Tunnel Rat blowing the stomache out of a slug and jumping out laughing like a whacko was classic!!!

Baltan_Seijin
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
A slightly edited contribution
http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TAAyNnsXNpFNRSOXAZTGwdKMNMMQDBXRE6Junjo8VG7IBzO4o LUG1Q*XeqN3Z5jhd9JvTM*lETt3LAbnjCGIoaB!Mx4t3vEtA*b VVeChwqQoTZpnVhkuEA/Cobra%26Baroness.jpg?dc=4675448124950976377

CaptKain
11-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Tunnel Rat blowing the stomache out of a slug and jumping out laughing like a whacko was classic!!!
<font size="2" face="arial">I agree with ya on that one. It was funny. Too bad Tunnel Rat was'nt in more episodes before its dramatic demise.
But I just couldnt cope with Cobra-La

BTW.....ANYBODY HERE EVER SEE THE CGI GI JOE SERIES?
IF SO WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT?

PMundheim
11-21-2003, 02:22 PM
I accepted the movie for what it was....

I'm not sure I buy into the whole Cobra Commander is a Snake thing though. (But I don't think Stormtoopers are clones and never will)

I have heard of the CGI movie and missed it on Cartoon Network....

Has anybody watched the movie with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow 2 pack yet? Is it the same?

KING
11-21-2003, 02:32 PM
With you PMundheim on both statements!!!

Inigo_Montoya
11-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by madmartigan37:
I agree that cobra-la was retarded but the movie was pretty cool. I loved the opening, beachhead's training sessions and Sgt. Slaughter. <font size="2" face="arial">The opening's one of my favorites of any movie, definately my fave animated fight sequences.

Yep, yep, Beachead's simply the coolest due to those scenes.
"Don't botha unpacking your bags, you ain't stayin' heyuh lohng." images/icons/grin.gif

I like the scene when Lt. Falcon first lands into the care of Slaughter's Marauders, the music and setting of their characters are great.

CaptKain
11-22-2003, 06:29 AM
First of all, Beachhead to me was the adversary of Sabotaur of Cobra (Like Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow) He was a wicked character. Pretty much my fav Joe.

But the funniest is the match beteween Sgt Slaughter and the flying "Bar Bouncer" I will call him.

Hehehe...as Slaughter says at the end of chest t******* him for everybody..."You make me sick!"

KING
11-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Speeking of the Ninja' I had to pick up the 12 inch two pack of Storm and Snake. The DVD that came with it was worth it for the 19 I had spent. I was so close to re - buying the comics in GN form but decided the past was better left. Plus now with all the re-issues of just the different colored versions of Vipers alone would dry my bank. But for any one into the whole Ninja thing I would recomend the 12 two pack. The DVD is sweet. Re hatches old fueds and such and even has some joes we love.

Dain_Bramage
11-24-2003, 11:50 PM
First of all, Beachhead to me was the adversary of Sabotaur of Cobra (Like Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow) He was a wicked character. Pretty much my fav Joe.

But the funniest is the match beteween Sgt Slaughter and the flying "Bar Bouncer" I will call him.

Hehehe...as Slaughter says at the end of chest t******* him for everybody..."You make me sick!" <font size="2" face="arial">Hey man, Nemesis Enforcer was amazing. He just had a stupid defeat ending like Darth Maul.

As for Beachhead, I liked him too...not because he was cool looking or anything....but the fact that most of the Joes don't like him. Beechhead was 4th in command behind Hawk, Duke, Flint and everyone just disses him cuz he acks like jerk sometimes. I don't think he was anything close to be an equivalent of a Saboteur for Firefly or Storm Shadow. There's nothing "subtle" about Beachhead.

Kneel_Before_Zod
11-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by PMundheim:
Has anybody watched the movie with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow 2 pack yet? Is it the same? <font size="2" face="arial">It is the same - and I think Target is selling it for like 16 or 17$ right now.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago right around the airing on the Cartoon Network where people were largely bad-mouthing it and I just wanted to say that for those who were disappointed, it should be known that the film was made from start to finish in a little over four months. To complete a 45 minute CG film in that amount of time is a testament to a lot of very hard work.

There are far more resources and more time being devoted to the upcoming full length film Valor Vs. Venom - and it's being taken to the next level.

lurker
11-25-2003, 02:00 AM
I have to stand here before you now and admit something that I have kept hidden from a majority of joe fans

My favorite joe is........

............Budo..........(sigh) thats better

Hung_Solow
11-25-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Dain_Bramage:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by CaptKain:

Hehehe...as Slaughter says at the end of chest t******* him for everybody..."You make me sick!" <font size="2" face="arial">Hey man, Nemesis Enforcer was amazing. He just had a stupid defeat ending like Darth Maul.

As for Beachhead, I liked him too...not because he was cool looking or anything....but the fact that most of the Joes don't like him. Beechhead was 4th in command behind Hawk, Duke, Flint and everyone just disses him cuz he acks like jerk sometimes. I don't think he was anything close to be an equivalent of a Saboteur for Firefly or Storm Shadow. There's nothing "subtle" about Beachhead. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Man!!! Nothing beats beach head. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/tongue.gif

PMundheim
11-25-2003, 08:37 AM
As much as the new stuff is "Better" in a way...the Original Beachhead is by far one of the better figures. Not to mention had one of the cooler guns. I had high hopes for the new ones.

Beachhead in the cartoons/comics was always the "text book" military guy too. Never much for baffoonary (Like Bazooka).

And I'll admit too that BUDO was a good figure. Just kind of useless, unless you bought a TON of him and had some Samurai battles for the right to be called Shogun.

KING
11-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Budo was to one of my Faves..... Samurai!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my whacked world of GI Joe child hood wars he had turned on quick kick do to their differences in martial arts and chopped him with the quickness.

Now Slice and Dice, They were pretty horrible!!!

Then there was my Re-enactments of mad max using the dreadnaughts and their vehicles, Then of course the red dawn re-enactments with my rag tag Joes vrs a whole slew of Joe and Cobra alike. I mean the Slugger tank looked like it was straight out of the communist tank armada.

[ 11-25-2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: KING ]

PMundheim
12-03-2003, 08:30 AM
I just saw pictures of the Valor vs. Venom line...

The Storm Shadow looks good, but I think Hasbro has given the Joes...............ACTION FEATURES...........man somebody over there just won't let those things die.

Lady_Jaye
12-03-2003, 09:53 AM
PM, post a link to where you saw the new line please. I mean I'm not collecting this line, but I want to see how bad they are disgracing the memory of my once beloved GI JOE line!!!!

PMundheim
12-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Here we go:

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=GIJoe/Wave9&start=0

If you poke around the site it has pictures of the vehicles too.

Kneel_Before_Zod
12-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, that explains the new character colors...

[ 12-03-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Kneel Before Zod ]

Lady_Jaye
12-03-2003, 11:43 AM
[ 12-03-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Lady Jaye ]

Lady_Jaye
12-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Who is the mook with the blond hair???? images/icons/grin.gif

Oh and the Dr Mindbender figure is nice!!! But it's not nice enough for me to start collecting this half ***ed and ugly line!!!

efranks
12-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by PMundheim:
Here we go:

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=GIJoe/Wave9&start=0

If you poke around the site it has pictures of the vehicles too. <font size="2" face="arial">Greetings,
That's an awesome looking Dr. Mindbender.

I wonder about the Storm Shadow figure though. Notice that it doesn't have the rubber band waist? The colors might be right but I bet it's a mock-up figure.
Now, the second SS figure looks pretty good. With the red details and the gold dragon on the back of his outfit.

Oh, man...and that does look like an action feature on Duke, doesn't it? They stuck some action features into the Joe line back about 1994 or so, just before the line died. I was hoping they wouldn't get back to it.

E...

Lady_Jaye
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
It's Hasbro!! images/icons/rolleyes.gif

infallible
12-03-2003, 05:37 PM
other then Gung Ho in his Marine Parade Dress back in the day. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">HA HA HA! I remember that one. He had a GOLDEN SWORD.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that Mindbender is cool. I saw the pics in ToyFare earlier, but seeing them closer up isn't too promising. I got the recent Cobra Commander release that looks like the one pictured, but in his better-looking blue paintjob. I don't know why he's carrying that citronella staff. Maybe too many mosquitos at Cobra HQ.

And did you see that HUGE crossbow with the new Scarlett? I was scared and turned on at the same time...

CaptKain
12-04-2003, 01:36 AM
I agree with ya's..that is a neat looking Dr. Mindbender.
The rest though are crap. think (for me) its cause they have too many bright colors on the figures. What happened with the plain white Storm Shadow or black Snake Eyes?
Thats what made GI Joe so wicked was the reality that Army/Navy/Airforce uniforms are not always bright colors. They are a dreary, drab, dark colors..other then Gung Ho in his Marine Parade Dress back in the day. images/icons/smile.gif

CaptKain
12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
And did you see that HUGE crossbow with the new Scarlett? I was scared and turned on at the same time...<font size="2" face="arial">Hehe...good one Infallible. images/icons/grin.gif

mxrbobnd
12-05-2003, 01:02 AM
I wonder about the Storm Shadow figure though. Notice that it doesn't have the rubber band waist? The colors might be right but I bet it's a mock-up figure.
Now, the second SS figure looks pretty good. With the red details and the gold dragon on the back of his outfit.
<font size="2" face="arial">The reason there isn't an o-ring on this SS is because he too has an action feature. images/icons/frown.gif At least he doesn't have anything stupid sticking out of his back or side.

Davin - mxrbobnd

MaldorianHeretic
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
LJ...join here

and discuss with real Joe enthusiasts, haters lovers...you know the whole gang

TNI Joe board (http://adctalk.com/index.php?s=a025ed034732a5b914a0c1657147e08c&showforum=2)

im Cobracavalier over there
we get pics of all the new stuff....

not to brag but I get to see stuff way befor anyone does ...so make some friends and enjoy images/icons/grin.gif

12-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Storm Shadow's Action Feature isn't too bothersome, but I would have enjoyed a normal figure much more! Duke's sucks IMO.

[ 12-11-2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Coleman Trebor ]

12-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately, Storm Shadow's green is red in the final figure and Snake Eyes is gray. The new Snake Eyes suck! images/icons/mad.gif Not a one looks right or holds a sword right!

MaldorianHeretic
12-12-2003, 10:09 PM
sooooooooo.....anyone like G.I.joe orrrrrr.

Darth_Schitzo
12-14-2003, 03:03 PM
I just got some of the new stuff, VVV, i picked up a mindbender/hi tech, viper/alley viper and heavy duty/razor claw along with the venom striker with claws. They had the tiger hawk too but I'm not completely sold just yet.

PMundheim
02-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Anything out of Toy Fair? I haven't been able to find any news on the 3.75 line yet.

Kneel_Before_Zod
02-15-2004, 05:22 PM
So is this thread just for toys or Gi Joe in general?

Is everyone excited about the VVV trailer that should be coming out very soon??? images/icons/wink.gif

Lady_Jaye
02-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Nah, I think this thread is dedicated to the cool action figures, not the dolls!!! images/icons/tongue.gif

CaptKain
02-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Anybody here have their top 5 favorite GI Joe figures of ALL time?

5. Beach Head
4. Scrap Iron
3. Destro
2. Storm Shadow (2nd version with grey scrim)

...NO#1 figure I ever liked.......
1. Cobra Cimson Guard

Guess I just get turned on by Cobra's flashy uniforms.
Then theres..Beach Head. images/icons/grin.gif

Lady_Jaye
02-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Easy question:

10:Post 1993 Joes
9: Dee Jay
8: Headman
7: Street Fighter figures
6: Sneek Peak
5: Scarlett
4: Avalanche
3: Zartan with Mohawk
2: Golobulous
1: Marine Dress Blues Gung Ho

[ 02-16-2004, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Lady Jaye ]

lurker
02-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Flints NOT on your list LJ?

For shame........ images/icons/grin.gif

Lady_Jaye
02-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Well it was a joke list, I mean who in there right mind would put Marine Dress Blues Gung Ho as their favorite figure ever????? images/icons/grin.gif

Seriosly, I have to think about my favorites. More than likely I'll have to have one Cobra list, and one Joe list. Cause there's no way I'm gonna pick five from all of the figures ever made in the original line!!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

THj
02-16-2004, 05:54 PM
It would probably take me HOURS to determine a top 5 list of figures. To many greats to choose from in this line.
But I think I saw the most awesome G.I.JOE item that I've seen in my lifetime at TRU a few hours ago: a Cobra 6-pack with five different looking(in the little bit of skin that you see) Cobra troopers with one Cobra Officer! If only I were a little more devoted to Joe figures... I'd have bought like 10 of these. It's the ultimate army builder set. Now I better stop thinking about it before I decide to go back...

THj

CaptKain
02-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Hehe...was not really hard for me to pick my 5 fav's. Thast the list it has been for over a decade.
my 5 least fav figures would be hard, but here it goes:

5. Wild Bill
4. Duke (with tan shirt and comes with green helmet)
3. Junk Yard
2. Breaker
1. Any figures newer then 1990 *I DESPISE THEM*
(Capt Kain spits on the creators of any GI Joe figures in the last decade)