PDA

View Full Version : Future Transformers G1 reissues

Balki
11-09-2002, 02:59 PM
transfandom.com (http://www.transfandom.com) is reporting the third wave of TRU exclusive to consist of Jazz, Thundercracker, and Silverstreak, who they believe to really be Bluestreak.

Trouble is, Jazz and Silverstreak are $30 each, while Thundercracker is $35.

And now, for my commentary. I paid $35 including shipping for a Japanese Starscream reissue. It retailed for the equivalent of $20-25 in Japan. Jazz and Bluestreak also retailed at that amount. I guess since Takara is making all the toys(Hasbro just prints the box) it costs more money to bring them over here. If only the toys were exactly like the Japanese ones or even the old American ones, it wouldn't be such an issue. Or maybe TRU realized they could have made a lot more money on Rodimus Major if they had charged $30 for him and they won't make the same mistake again. Maybe Jazz and Silverstreak will actually be made out of die-cast metal. images/icons/grin.gif I can hope.

[ 11-26-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

Dain_Bramage
11-09-2002, 03:30 PM
That's why I feel that when it comes to getting re-issues of G1 TF's, I rather get the ones from Japan. Not to mention, how nice the packaging are the ones for the new re-issues like Jazz, Bluestreak, Skids and Tracks. With the book design and also having new artwork from Dreamwave who does the TF comics now instead of the old designs.

If they make the N. American reissues with nice packaging like that, perhaps it will help moving the product.

And why the heck are they changing some of the names? Silverstreak? Major Rodimus? What's next, they're gunna call Starscream, Icecream instead?

Balki
11-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Hasbro lost the rights to the name "Bluestreak." There's also a G2 toy named Silverstreak. Considering the toy had very little blue anyway, it's probably a better name. It doesn't suck as bad as "Rodimus Major."

Just as well go for the Japanese ones. They're not limited, the missiles aren't two inches or longer, and they're almost the exact same toy that was released twenty years ago. Plus the packaging is opener-friendly. I like Hasbro's approach to packaging(using the grid and the old artwork on back) but I miss the fifth-panel flap that should be there with a huge logo. At least Hasbro's putting them out, so if you don't feel like buying and shipping a Jazz, you can wait nine months and Hasbro would release it. They were supposed to follow Takara's order of releases, but they have strayed from that. Toys like Inferno and Grapple should be ahead of Jazz, but I don't think those have the appeal that Jazz and Thundercracker have.

I'm waiting for Soundwave, Wheeljack, Prowl, and Smokescreen.

Balki
11-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Forgot to mention- Next year, Takara is rumored to be releasing the almighty Dinobots. It won't be until next November, but hey, it's Grimlock and his dimwitted friends!

Balki
11-09-2002, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't it be beautiful to have a nice minty fresh version of this, instead of Hasbro's ****-poor packaging?

Sweetness (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1783575611)

11-09-2002, 03:58 PM
I will share a very sad story here with you fellows.

When I was a boy I wanted nothing more than the Megatron toy. I hoped and wished and prayed for it. I finally got it one day from my parents... it was a big, heavy, son of a gun. I don't know if you remember but it turned into a very realistic handgun (the kind of toy they can't make anymore).

I remember the last time I saw it. I was sitting on the floor, holding the package in my hands, when my brother asked if he could play with it. He took it outside, apparently wanting to shoot up the back yard with it. When he returned, the dream was over.

Megatron was broken in two. There was nothing I could do with it. I literally held it in my hands and cried. A few days later I threw it all away. My brother's Optimus Prime was still in perfect condition.

This is what has made me the terror droid that I am today.

darth_egg
11-09-2002, 04:37 PM
i thought that Starscream..was coming to the USA sometime at the end of the year...for the next set of toys r us G1's........egg

Balki
11-09-2002, 05:11 PM
He does. He arrives this month along with Powermaster Optimus Prime and Godbomber, who I think is renamed Apex Armor.

I don't know if Prime will show this month, but Starscream will be out in limited #'s this month and much more the next. He's priced at $35 and Prime is $55, which is absurd, because you can get one for $35 shipped from Hobbylink Japan.

That's a sad story, MX. Why is he so damn fragile? I have the Japanese reissue and though I've only transformed it twice, it's quite loose.
My brother has pretty much destroyed my Soundwave. He can't even stand and the tape door is missing, along with all his accessories, including Buzzsaw. C'mon, somebody reissue this guy.

Dain_Bramage
11-09-2002, 05:20 PM
It's just that Takara does a make things a little more interesting with adding different variations when it came to re-issues.

I especially like the Ghost of Starscream or the Translucent Hot Rod (Hot Rodimus). I also liked the New Year Optimus Prime (Convoy) that came with the Matrix and a PVC robot of Prime. The new gold versions of Jazz is also neat. I think Hasbro should do something interesting like that. Just to create new interests and new variations instead of looking like the old ones.

I do agree that they should make that big monster flap that they used to have though. Keeps it nice and retro.

I sure hope Bluestreak wasn't lost to that stupid Martin Lawrence movie. images/icons/mad.gif

I'm begging for Hasbro to make the Transformers that never came to North America. Guys like Victory Leo, Starsabre, Deathsaurus, the Brainmasters, Star Convoy, etc. All the stuff from Transformers Zone and Victory series that continued on in Japan.

I'd also love to see re-issues for the Aerialbots or the Technobots.

BTW, why isn't Takara making new stuff? Ok, so the Robots in Disguise stuff and Armada stuff were crap....but why not make something good again better? I'm sure people will plunk down the money if the toy was made with good quality (like the G1's that were made in Japan and Hong Kong).

[ 11-09-2002, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Dain_Bramage ]

Balki
11-09-2002, 05:37 PM
After seeing how Armada has fallen on its face, I'm sure Takara will remake the G1 characters with new toys that have super articulation and a complete lack of die-cast metal. Or they'll just keep rereleasing old TFs, which is probably the right thing to do. How really gives two s***s about new TFs, anyway? Some of the RiD Autobots made it into my collection, so they should have stayed with that. Kids will not get hooked on a cartoon that insults their intelligence.(Although that still doesn't excuse Pokemon.)
Takara is partly responsible for Armada, as it's a joint venture between Hasbro and Takara. I still think it's mostly Hasbro making these. I don't think Armada's Japanese equivalent has even been released yet.(If I ran Takara, I wouldn't bother. They apparently have confidence in it, as the Act 9 PVCs are almost all Armada.)

I'd like to have Minerva and Star Sabre in my collection. Japanese packaging is fascinating to me. I'm also hoping for Devastaor to be reissued. I wonder if they'll reissue the Aerialbots. Superion died in the comic from Dreamwave, as well as Wheeljack. I know they're trying to make their own continuity, but killing of characters for the hell of it does not drama make.(Look at the NJO series...haven't touched that since the fifth book.)

Dain_Bramage
11-09-2002, 05:50 PM
I think Star Sabre and Victory Leo just GOTTA be made or re-issued. They are 2 popular characters from Victory and simply cool looking toys. Even if Hasbro never gets them here, they should do it in Japan at least.

As for RID, I only bought the Red Sideburn Japanese version (Speedbreaker). I think North America got jipped when they're missing that humungous sword that Omega Prime should have when combined. I asked Hasbro if they intend to make it a mail away but they said they have intentions of bringing that sword over here.

Darthmatthew
11-09-2002, 06:03 PM
I'd have been happy if the first wave had been released in the UK at all.

Balki
11-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Darthmatthew:
I'd have been happy if the first wave had been released in the UK at all.<font size="2" face="arial">The first wave of reissues or RiD? We're kind of off topic here, so...yeah.

As for RiD, I finally found Storm Jet at my local KB. Since neither Hasbro or Takara can legally reissue Jetfire/Skyfire(or the Insecticons for that matter) this jet will do. I can't fully transform my Side Burn. I've read the instructions over and over, and nothing.

[ 11-09-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

GNT
11-09-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Darthmatthew:
I'd have been happy if the first wave had been released in the UK at all.<font size="2" face="arial">I'm hopeing they'll be released here in Oz, theres a few I'd like to get.

Anyone have a list of all the re-issues Hasbro plans from series 1 to whatever they plan to release?

Chewbacca
11-09-2002, 11:56 PM
My sob story - little brother gets pissed. Grabs Rodimus Prime. Perhaps asks himself "Can Autobots fly?" Whips it at me. It misses, but hits wall. The cheap little two match-stick midsection breaks in two. images/icons/frown.gif

Dain_Bramage
11-10-2002, 02:04 AM
I know in Japan they made the Headmaster Head replacements if people lost them. Did they ever offer it in North America cuz I don't think they did.

Balki
11-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darthmatthew:
I'd have been happy if the first wave had been released in the UK at all.<font size="2" face="arial">I'm hopeing they'll be released here in Oz, theres a few I'd like to get.

Anyone have a list of all the re-issues Hasbro plans from series 1 to whatever they plan to release?</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">This is the list here:
Series 1:
Optimus Prime
Ultra Magnus
Rodimus Major, aka Hot Rod

Series 2:
Starscream
Powermaster Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor

Series 3:
Jazz
Thundercracker
Silverstreak, aka Bluestreak

Hope that's what you're looking for.

GNT
11-11-2002, 12:59 AM
Thanks Hasbro's Missing Integrity images/icons/smile.gif

Dain_Bramage
11-11-2002, 01:34 AM
H'MI,

BTW, are they made in short production #'s?

darth_egg
11-11-2002, 01:40 AM
i can't remember what thundercracker was ??? any help......egg

Dain_Bramage
11-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Thundercracker was the one of the jets like Starscream. From the original 3, there was Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp. Then later on came Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust.

darth_egg
11-11-2002, 07:01 PM
ok ok i remember now ....Thrust now that was the guy you saw in prime's grill in the movie and then prime ran him over..cool looking red jet..? i would like to have him... i always liked all the Decepticons jets...egg

Darth_Schitzo
11-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Am I the only one who wants a Soundwave reissue with all the cassete tapes?

Dain_Bramage
11-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Nope, I'm sure there's tons of us that wants a Soundwave re-issue.

darth_egg
11-11-2002, 11:56 PM
so what are the chances of us seeing a soundwave..i like to have one too....with a few of the tapes ...rumble..for sure ..egg

Chewbacca
11-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Upgrade Soundwave to a CD player.

Dain_Bramage
11-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Ever notice in the cartoon that Soundwave used Laserbeak a freekin lot but never Buzzsaw? And Buzzsaw was the one that came with Soundwave in the toy. Ok, I'm over analyzing this but I always wondered.

GNT
11-12-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Dain_Bramage:
Ever notice in the cartoon that Soundwave used Laserbeak a freekin lot but never Buzzsaw? And Buzzsaw was the one that came with Soundwave in the toy. Ok, I'm over analyzing this but I always wondered.<font size="2" face="arial">Ever notice that when the transformers transformed they( a few of them) shrunk in size? Eg Megatron and the good guy version of Soundwave?

Balki
11-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Dain_Bramage:
H'MI,

BTW, are they made in short production #'s?<font size="2" face="arial">The American ones aren't as limited as the earlier Japanese ones, where most are con exclusives and only 1,000 were made.(Thundercracker being one of them.)On that topic, only 200 Japanese Skywarp PVCs were made, as a prize from a magazine. Hasbro mass produced them, but not before nutty collectors paid $400 for one or repainted a Starscream. Just goes to show you, have patience.
Or no money to spend on Transformers. Whichever.

If you missed the Optimus Prime reissue at your local TRU, this month and next should see a few more. If you missed him, get him now.

Takara has wanted to do a Soundwave reissue, but the mold is/was damaged. It isn't economical to fix it if they're going to limit the production, so when Takara no longer limited G1 production numbers and put them into the new packaging, Soundwave became a candidate. It doesn't mean he's coming for sure, but it's likely.

Ever notice that the Blaster toy(The Autobot version of Soundwave)is twice as big as the Soundwave toy? Crazy.

[ 11-12-2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

Balki
11-13-2002, 08:27 AM
Soundwave sweetness:

Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1785432829)

btw, I know I've posted a lot of links for eBay lately. I don't get anything for them, I just want to show the pictures.

Back to Soundwave. This was the only large Transformer I had as a kid, so he has a special place in my heart. I think I'll bid on this auction. I've been working lotsa overtime...

Dain_Bramage
11-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Soundwave was my very first Transformer as well. At first I was disappointed because I wanted to have a robot that can turn into a car. But Soundwave simply grew on me.

itlstln
11-14-2002, 12:25 PM
where can I pre-order these G1 reissues?

Balki
11-14-2002, 02:03 PM
I just found out the next two Japanese reissues will be Sideswipe(yes!) and Optimus Prime, who is said to be based off a 1986 release, which would likely be Powermaster Prime. I don't see how they could fit either one into those boxes the come in now. I know the upcoming Megatron is double-boxed, but Prime's trailer is too big for one of those. More news as it develops...(I feel like a real reporter! OK, it's over.)

Edit:It's the original Prime. Maybe he'll have the right-length smokestacks and Roller will fire from the trailer. Who knows? I'm only buying Sideswipe.

[ 11-14-2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

Balki
11-15-2002, 01:41 AM
American reissues can be had at Amazon.com.
I don't think Waves 2 and 3 are up yet. Wave 1 is likely gone save for Ultra Magnus, who warms shelves nationwide.

I recommend davesworld.org for your Japanese Transformer needs. He's stateside, so it will save on shipping and he has great prices. I've a Smokescreen on order there, should be arriving shortly. Americandreamcomics.com can also give you more options.

Balki
11-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Prime is back in stock at Amazon:

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com)

Edit: Just the main page. Linky decided to be a pain in my *****.

It's your choice to get this one or not. The upcoming Japanese one is a bit more like the original toy, but costs $30 more.

U.S. Starscream ships in a couple of weeks and is supposed to be available for Black Friday, but that seems unlikely. Powermaster Prime should arrive around Christmastime.

[ 11-23-2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

GNT
11-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro's Missing Integrity:
I know the upcoming Megatron is double-boxed, but Prime's trailer is too big for one of those.<font size="2" face="arial">Any pictures of Megatron?

Balki
11-23-2002, 07:30 PM
I'll try to scrape up a couple, but they'll be loose pics or just one of the front of the box.

Fair warning.

Balki
11-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Takara Megatron (http://www.davesworld.org/tfmegatronreissue.html)
There's one. I'm going to look around ADC, cause that's where I saw the box pic.

Balki
11-23-2002, 07:51 PM
Can't find any boxed pics. images/icons/frown.gif

But I did find this:
Hasbro TFs (http://www.transformers.com/pl/subbrandid.62/dn/browse_products.cfm)

Insane price on Powermaster Prime. It can be had for $19.99 at hlj.com.
I bought my Takara Starscream and had it shipped for $35. It's as if Hasbro or TRU are setting these up to fail. Takara makes better stuff anyway.

darth_egg
11-23-2002, 07:55 PM
thanks for all th info...HMI...it helps alot ..i do hope that we see starscream..before ..christmas time ..i have the sku's for him ..and nothing yet ..checked today ...egg

Balki
11-23-2002, 08:33 PM
I think I should slow down posting on this thread. It's as if I loved reading my own words.

Balki
11-25-2002, 08:39 AM
New reissued TFs found in TRU's computers:
Prowl SKN#175318
Red Alert SKN#175310
Skywarp(YES!) SKN#175253

No release date is given. images/icons/frown.gif
At least Hasbro is making all the first wave Seekers. No prices listed either.

On the Japanese front, E-Hobby is rumored to be getting re-reissues of con exclusive TFs for cheap. Like $24 US cheap. Includes Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Hoist, Grapple, and Trailbreaker, I think. That's not a Bible-truth list, just rumored releases. It's not clear if these will be in the G1-style packaging or the Dreamwave boxes.

[ 11-25-2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

11-25-2002, 09:56 AM
SoundWave SoundWave SoundWave plus ALL of the cassettes. and Blaster with his 6 cassettes. I'd like them to reissue a Stunticons, Predacons, sets also JetFire I have the 5 orignial Dinobots but I wouldn't pass on getting the reissues so I can pack the originals away and save them.

darth_egg
11-26-2002, 11:21 PM
thank you for the numbers...they help ...alot ..skywarp..will bee awesome.egg

Balki
11-27-2002, 12:31 PM
There have been some rumored prices that have come up for the 3rd wave of reissues. The prices for the cars have been brought down to about $20-25, and the Seekers to $15. It seems unlikely these prices will come to be, as Starscream and Thundercracker retail for $35.

Balki
11-30-2002, 06:32 PM
Because I lack anything better to do with my time this afternoon, I have searched eBay and found this li'l nugget:

Megatron in his boxed glory (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=741411785)

I wish I'd have pre-ordered it now. Oh well. At least I have the earlier Takara reissue.

[ 11-30-2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Hasbro's Missing Integrity ]

12-01-2002, 12:54 AM
And here´s Somkescreen: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4696&item=741424803

A little expensive, but Im putting this link just so you can look at the pictures.

Dain_Bramage
12-01-2002, 01:16 AM
Oh boy, that Megatron looks SWEET.

Balki
12-26-2002, 05:42 PM
The American Starscream is starting to show up. He features missiles that are two inches long, and certainly very ridiculous-looking. The packaging is something new. It has a flap that folds out so you can see the whole toy in its box without removing it. The character art is on the flap. Since I already have the Japanese one, I'll skip this one.

Powermaster Prime hasn't shown up just yet. Soon. I won't skip this, since I haven't bought the Japanese one yet and won't buy the American Starscream.

12-28-2002, 03:39 AM
Hasbro´s Thundercracker reissue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4696&item=3103433017

Balki
12-28-2002, 11:11 AM
Wow...that's neat. Kind of like Takara's book-style packaging. I like it.

12-31-2002, 03:01 AM
Here´s Silverstreak, aka Bluestreak:

http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Transformers/Silverstreak/IMGP6713__scaled_500.jpg

http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Transformers/Silverstreak/IMGP6712__scaled_500.jpg

http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Transformers/Silverstreak/IMGP6711__scaled_500.jpg

http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Transformers/Silverstreak/IMGP6714__scaled_800.jpg

Balki
12-31-2002, 07:20 PM
That's cool. Maybe Hasbro is in this for the long haul after all.

I wonder why Hasbro is calling Jazz "Autobot Jazz."

GNT
12-31-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro's Missing Integrity:
I wonder why Hasbro is calling Jazz "Autobot Jazz."<font size="2" face="arial">Maybe becaus his an autobot or because of legal reasons?

Balki
01-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Well, Hasbro isn't listing Thundercracker as "Decepticon Thundercracker," so it's likely for legal reasons. I'd assume the word "jazz" is in the public domain but somebody has the copyright for a character's name of "Jazz."

Balki
04-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey, look what I found.

I've managed to find 2/3 of series 3 TFs in the last two days. Jazz and Thundercracker. I never had Jazz as a youth, so it's pretty cool. These cars always were flimsy. I have the remains of the Smokescreen I had back in the day-he's busted at the waist and one door is missing.

I had the Seeker Skywarp in the 80's, but he's missing all his parts save for one fist. Can't wait till he shows up in series 4 and I'll have a complete set of Seekers. Yay!

Insane_Wok
04-19-2003, 09:37 PM
I was at TRU today and they had Thundercracker, Bluestreak, and Jazz.

Darth_Schitzo
04-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Can anyone name all of the seekers, I dont remeber them off the top of my head. I really hope they continue with this line far enough to rerelease soundwave. Thats all i need to be happy but for now I will buy the seekers.

Insane_Wok
04-19-2003, 11:48 PM
That is easy, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. images/icons/smile.gif

Balki
04-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Takara is releasing an all-new character in the G1 Seeker mold. He's colored orange and has a really silly name that I can't remember right now.

Boba_Fett
05-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro's Missing Integrity™:
Takara is releasing an all-new character in the G1 Seeker mold. He's colored orange and has a really silly name that I can't remember right now. <font size="2" face="arial">That would be SunStorm.

05-22-2003, 07:45 PM
What a lame name... now on to better things. Does anyone know if Soundwave will be sold in the TRU?

Balki
05-23-2003, 12:13 AM
No word on Hasbro's reissue, but they'd be daft not to do that one.

It was said that whatever Takara releases Hasbro would be able to release in the States nine months later. But we've gotten Thundercracker and Skywarp before Takara released them in the new boxes, so who knows?

Balki
05-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Finally, Soundwave returns.

BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com)

You can preorder it there for $54. It comes with Buzzsaw. Yay.

No word on a Hasbro reissue yet, but we all know how Hasbro butchers 'em anyway.

GNT
05-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Its great that they are finally going to release Soundwave, one of the coolest bad guys out there images/icons/smile.gif

Balki
05-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Update-Soundwave comes with LASERBEAK, not BUZZSAW as previously reported. Good idea on Takara's part.

GNT
10-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Does Hasbro or Takara have any plans to reissue some of the smaller G1 items?

I thought I read they were releasing a 5 pack of the mini Autobots but can't remember exactly. Any ideas?