PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here.. who *doesn't* collect SW toys?

Ty
04-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Any SW fans who don't collect the toys in any capacity? I've always been curious about that, one of my buddies is a HUGE SW fan, but couldn't care less about *any* Star Wars figure!

Anyone else out there like this? images/icons/grin.gif

apokolips
04-24-2002, 04:24 PM
This thought has crossed my mind, the fact that the films and the toys are all part of the pig. I can't have one without the other, like a big multi-media experience. I'm sure there's people out there who match your description, but I doubt you'll find many (if any) on a collecting forum.

Angry_Ewok
04-24-2002, 05:17 PM
Blacklisting the un-fanatical eh?
We must weed out the un-fanatical and the un-collecting.... (Imperial March).....and whipe them out... all of them!

Rogue9Horn
04-25-2002, 01:05 PM
images/icons/shocked.gif No toys! gasp, ack, wheeze, choke! I once thought as your friend did... that I was too old for toys, but fortunately I outgrew that silly notion. images/icons/grin.gif

04-25-2002, 10:09 PM
I no longer collect the toys. I've just gotten bored with it in the past year or so. Thats kinda weird since the past year has produced some of the best figures and vehicles of the line. I did check out the new figs that were released this week, but I don't have any desire to get any (well, maybe Yoda and C3P0).

04-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Well, a couple of years ago I would have bought anything that had the Star Wars logo on it. Now, I'm slowing down, not bothering to collect Star Wars anymore since I'm collecting a lot of other stuff too. Alough sometimes I get the occasional Star Wars trinket here and there (mostly old junk I find in the goodwill(. But I feel that the whole collecting community is way too anal about everything, which is why I no longer collect new Star Wars items and I choose not to collect the Simpsons (although I have aquired a few "vintage" simpsons items from 1990)

04-29-2002, 12:33 AM
I dont. Never have. Most likely never will.

04-29-2002, 12:59 AM
*Raises hand slowly and ducks from flying produce*

I don't collect them...I own a couple of things with Yoda on them and maybe a Lego set or two...but I am not a fanatical collector.

*Runs away, arms flailing*

187_Maul
04-29-2002, 08:47 AM
I too have a pal who is a huge SW fan but doesn't collect the toys
so we have the movielovers AND toybuyers
we have the movielovers BUT NOT toybuyers
I wonder if there are any
toybuyers BUT NOT movielovers?

04-29-2002, 08:57 AM
I don't collect, long for or otherwise pine for Star Wars stuff.

I'm a curly transplant, strictly here to spend time with my pals. images/icons/smile.gif

04-29-2002, 04:08 PM
i stopped with the overwheming episode 1 line of figures...

INFAMY_OF_CRETE
04-29-2002, 04:27 PM
I don't collect I hoard. I'm also a big time scalper just hanging out on these sites to see what is going to be the most popular so I can go buy it first and then ebay it.

04-30-2002, 07:03 AM
I have a friend who was huge into SW without collecting anything...over the course of the last couple of years, Ep 1 until last year, he would check out my stuff when he came over, and we would he would occasionally go on toy runs with me. Now, I've turned him into a hard core collector, and he's anxious to catch up to me...(wait till I show him pics of some of the collections you all have posted here images/icons/grin.gif )...

Paploo
04-30-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Maul-fanatic:
I too have a pal who is a huge SW fan but doesn't collect the toys
so we have the movielovers AND toybuyers
we have the movielovers BUT NOT toybuyers
I wonder if there are any
toybuyers BUT NOT movielovers?<font size="2" face="arial">ya there called scalpers