PDA

View Full Version : So who's not going to TRU...

Lady_Jaye
04-20-2002, 04:41 PM
on Tuesday? I'm not sure if I want to go in with all those fanboys and girls. The last one sucked so bad. People pushing and shoving. People hoarding the figures. I might go to Wal Mart instead? Now I said I might, still not 100% sure either way. How about you guys? Anyone else going to avoid the madness?

Inigo_Montoya
04-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Even if I didn't have to go to school, or no way in hell get a ride from one of my parents, I wouldn't, 'cause it's just too late. images/icons/smile.gif

musasa
04-20-2002, 04:50 PM
I think we should know by now there's no reason to jump into that dogfight. These figs will be released in the millions. You'll get what you want. On that note, I really hope nobody gives in and buys the 'rare' figures of the line from scalpers on-line. Don't forget the Jedi Duel Darth Maul and 12" Darth Maul frenzy...

Krilzedlim
04-20-2002, 04:56 PM
I won't be, since as I keep saying, the closest TRU to me that's having it is down the port, and I'm not going down there at midnight. Especailly to the crappy TRU that it is.

If it was at the Union one, then it'd be a completely different story altogether...

Redgek
04-20-2002, 04:59 PM
I'll be at Wal*Mart. Same as with E1.

Angry_Ewok
04-20-2002, 11:00 PM
I would go, I simply need a good reason to wake up at 12 and buy toys that will be on the shelves for months later. images/icons/grin.gif

04-20-2002, 11:07 PM
Planning on going to an out of the way Wal-Mart back home, the manager told my buddy that they would be opening for 1 hour, they had a bunch of stuff to put out, and there shouldn't be a whole lot of people there, would be nice if it was just real fans and not "band wagoners" and scalpers...

flarida
04-20-2002, 11:20 PM
I'll be hitting a 24-hour Wal-Mart with a bunch of folks from our local OSWCC group. Should be a good time.

Sith_Lord_Cosmo
04-20-2002, 11:25 PM
I won't be. None of the TRU's near me are doing midnight madness

czahr
04-21-2002, 12:01 AM
My TRU isn't doing it either. Even though there are only 1 or 2 figs I want, I still would like to go since I get a kick out of watching the people go nuts.

I might go to WalMart that night if I get bored, but I'll most likely pick up my Jar Jar and Taun We figures at Target the next day. images/icons/smile.gif

04-21-2002, 12:03 AM
Both OkwordYoda and I are going to Walmart, because the TRU near us isn't going to be having midnight madness. Plus, the discount for us at Walmart will take quite a bit off of the bills.

04-21-2002, 08:31 AM
Going to Wal-mart the images/icons/wink.gif morning of the 23...................right before school

Captain_Piet
04-21-2002, 08:38 AM
I'm doing Wal-Mart the next morning as well.

04-21-2002, 10:45 AM
I won't be going to TRU... About the only reason I ever go there is when they have an exclusive. Otherwise, all they ever have is overpriced figures and figures that were released 3 or 4 years ago. Come on allready, NO ONE is going to buy tons of Darth Mauls, Slave Leias and Rancor Keepers. Just give the dam things to TOYS for TOTS already....

I will probably stop by Walmart Wednes or Thurs to look at the figures. But I probably wont buy any in the near future (knowing Hasbro, they have really cool sculpts aready planned for the 3rd or 4th realeases come fall)

04-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Considering it has been almost two years since I even bought a toy, I doubt I'll be going. Plus, I found all the new toys at Family TOy Warehouse this weekend. They look great, and I am tempted to pick a few up, but not tempted enough. Incidentally, for those inteterested, it was the Family Toy Warehouse at Tuttle Mall in Columbus Ohio. They had a ton yesterday.

apokolips
04-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I plan to put one of every figure on layaway at Wal-Mart. I'm going to the Celebration in Indy and I don't have the spare cash to buy them right now, but I still want to know that the whole set is somewhere in limbo waiting for me. Some of my first paycheck after Indy will go towards freeing my new shelfwarmers from layaway hell.

[ 04-21-2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: apokolips ]

Beedo
04-21-2002, 06:50 PM
I won't be. The nearest one is in Plymouth, over 30 miles away, I still haven't found out how to get to it from Torbay, and it won't be open for Midnight Madness anyway. Bugger it.

Loopy_Leia
04-21-2002, 07:51 PM
There isn't a TRU near us that will be hosting midnight madness images/icons/frown.gif so I guess I will hit Wal*Mart, Target, Kay Bee's and the TRU during the day....don't know for sure, yet

04-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Plans are to hit the Wallyworld on my way to work, since it's right at the corner. No midnight madness TRU's by me, and I'm going away this weekend, so I thought I would stop and buy the essentials images/icons/smile.gif (12" Obi, 12" Anakin, 12" Mace, whoever's out images/icons/smile.gif )

KingTigerII
04-22-2002, 01:28 PM
I may not go......I will pick a few up for my kids if I do,I plan to stop collecting so there really no need for me to go....

Panzer!!!

WampaTaunTaun
04-22-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm not going this time around. My wife and I went last time but we've had two kids since then, so peaceful sleep is much more appreciated and needed. images/icons/smile.gif

I'll hit a store or two on the way to and from work tomorrow.

wampa_ems
04-22-2002, 02:35 PM
The TRU nearest to me will not be having midnight madness, so I am going to wal-mart that is 5 minutes away.

Mike_S
04-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Lady Jaye:
on Tuesday? I'm not sure if I want to go in with all those fanboys and girls. The last one sucked so bad. People pushing and shoving. People hoarding the figures.<font size="2" face="arial">You said it.
The last one sucked so bad. I swore an oath not to go to the next one. People were carrying on as if that stuff was free. I remember the COMMtech reader was $50.00 (AUSD) $25.00 (USD), What a joke, Midnight Madness should be re-named Midnight Sadness
I'm waiting for my local Big W to open up at 8.30am.