PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunter Collective It Is

04-16-2002, 03:48 AM
I'm waxing nostalgic as I write this...sniff.

And BTW, I dig the new colors more than the old blue. Maybe not as much as the original black and silver, but the main goal here is to tie in to the main page. It's also a little easier on the eyes. I hope you guys understand, especially the old timers.

Andrew (musasa) was right on when he mentioned community. That's always what we strove for with these forums and what I, the admins, and the individual moderators will promote ad infinitum. When I first launched these forums, I was asked if I thought it would surpass TFN's monster boards. My answer was that I would rather have 30 quality members who build a community rather than 3000 who don't believe in the concept. I'm sure you agree we have enough crap to deal with in the real world. These boards are an escape. An escape with other people who share the same passion as you do...Star Wars and collecting. You don't come here for controversy or to get flamed by ignorant *******es. You come here to be a part of a community. To participate in civil and informative discussion that hopefully will enhance your collecting experience.

You can't make everyone happy with design changes and we won't. We will listen to constructive feedback and we do, as evidenced by the header change. This design works with the current incarnation of Rebelscum, which has integrated a lot of the features CSW offered. Besides the forums, we moved over the archives and...well...the news reporting. The main site and the forums are consistent with the updated new look we want to incorporate.

I must say that the merger has been quite successful and that I'm very happy with what I've accomplished with Philip and the rest of the team. Despite all the conspiracy theories that Rebelscum is aligned with Satan and plans to take over the internet, we continue to rise above the fracas and focus on what's important; delivering good and reliable news and provide a worthy resource for the community.

We shouldn't lose sight of the wonderful community we have here. Look at the moderating team. Most of these guys (and lady) have been with me since the inception of these boards and CSW. They believe in this enough that they made the transition. A fact that I'm very appreciative of. That enough is proof positive that the BHC is alive and well and will continue to grow as long as the core members support and nurture this community. Members may come and go, but whenever I visit I can always depend on Spirit of and apok's sense of humor, musasa's intellect, mousedroid's charm, RYT and jedicrippler's infectous enthusiasm, the established nonsense of EZ-Cheez and GNT's Survivor threads, and countless others who give this forum its unique personality. That and the huge amount of seasoned and knowledgeable collectors who frequent these boards make this place an awesome resource. I'm not worried at all about this forum going downhill. Our growing numbers and the MUCH increased posts and page views can attest to that.

Welcome to the new BHC...it never left to begin with. :^)

[ 04-16-2002, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: bananapunk ]

MisterPL
04-16-2002, 07:05 AM
Thank you.

mousedroid
04-16-2002, 09:57 AM
Well said BP.

apokolips
04-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Besides, if Rebelscum were really alligned with Satan, we'd be getting paychecks. Evil is big business, you know. images/icons/grin.gif

_Spirit_of_
04-16-2002, 01:48 PM
I'm still waiting on my free donut... images/icons/frown.gif

Mr_Stimp
04-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Hey I wansn't mentioned, and where are the free donuts images/icons/grin.gif

Engelhast_the_Hutt
04-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Pretty nice all around except for all those holo leia images to let you know what sections have new posts. Took me about five minutes to figure what the hell it even was.

Nice work guys.

apokolips
04-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Spirit-of, you'll get your donut in Indy. Stimpy, I gave your donut to Engelhast. He said it was good, too. Best donut he ever had. images/icons/grin.gif

04-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Well, go get more donuts! images/icons/grin.gif Free donuts for all the first 686 members! images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

musasa
04-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Well said, all. images/icons/smile.gif

04-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Well said my friends. 30 more days.

INFAMY_OF_CRETE
04-16-2002, 06:33 PM
Thank you from the "ignorant *******" that spoke up for OUR community. images/icons/wink.gif

TY
Gary

-------------------

"This is getting to easy."

[ 04-17-2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: INFAMY OF CRETE ]

GNT
04-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bananapunk:
We shouldn't lose sight of the wonderful community we have here.

Members may come and go, but whenever I visit I can always depend on Spirit of and apok's sense of humor, musasa's intellect, mousedroid's charm, RYT and jedicrippler's infectous enthusiasm, the established nonsense of EZ-Cheez and GNT's Survivor threads, and countless others who give this forum its unique personality.<font size="2" face="arial">WOW,My survivor threads + my name got mentioned,YAY images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

Well said images/icons/smile.gif

jedicrippler
04-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Are you saying I'm infectious? Like some sort of virus or fungus? Is that what you're saying? Why I oughta.... images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/tongue.gif

I concur as well with the previously professed sentiments. Except for the fact that I won't get my Cinna-bon because I can't make C2. Feh. images/icons/tongue.gif

Now can we please get these "timeout" errors fixed? images/icons/wink.gif

Ty
04-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Way to go buddy, I think you said it all!

Now lets all concentrate on making this the best place to visit on the net.. but not involving that Satan guy images/icons/wink.gif He tries.. but..

stylie_steve
04-17-2002, 12:22 AM
Now we know why BP doesn't post here much nowdays, that post must have taken a whole month to plan !!!!!!

Well said BP.

Bamaker
04-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Though I'm not a frequent post-er, but a constant lurker, I just want to say that I've enjoyed all the personalities and knowledge of all things Star Wars (and some things that are just plain weird images/icons/smile.gif ) that have been shared here on the CSW/RS forums and newspage. ...and I still can't believe that stupid E-Z Cheese thread I started as a complete impulse is now on it's 3rd incarnation, resulted in a E-Z Cheese icon, and earned a mention from BP himself (still haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my resume, though)

czahr
04-17-2002, 01:43 AM
Thanks BP, it's good to see the BHC back on the banner. Now, we just need to get the bounty hunters back on there too... images/icons/wink.gif

04-17-2002, 03:21 PM
What is thy bidding master?

It's good to see IOC is still his usual self, a rebel without a cause images/icons/wink.gif