PDA

View Full Version : What have you bought off ebay lately?

apokolips
03-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I don't know about you, but I reserve ebay purchases for the sorts of things I'll never find anywhere else. My latest purchases have been...

Star Wars Trilogy VCD - Man, VCDs are crap. But I just couldn't resist the allure of owning my favorite films on disk. Even if the picture quality is worse than the bootleg I watched throughout my childhood.

Phantom Edit VCD - Haven't gotten it in yet, but the dude already gave me feedback, so I'll get it any day now I suppose. Can't wait to see what the hub-bub is about.

Buckaroo Banzai Marvel Comics adaptation - Saw it, had to have it. MEFM-grade quality (Mint Enough For Me). I have both issues of the two-issue limited series. I got it in today. I'm at work so I haven't read it yet, but from what I glanced, there's lots of alternative diologue.

Farscape Scorpius figure ("Crackers Don't Matter" variant) Limited to 2,000. This Scorpius appears like he did in Crichton's hallucination, with a real cloth Hawaiian shirt and a martini glass. HAD-TO-HAVE-IT.

Redgek
03-26-2002, 04:12 PM
My wife collects the little Homies figurines, so I recently bought her the latest wave of those and a display case for them as one of her birthday presents.

Other than that, my most recent ebay purchases have been a couple of series 12 Spawn figures that I missed at retail long ago.

Everything was purchased with Buy It Now. Don't have time for the Bull****.

Old_Cocky
03-26-2002, 04:13 PM
I got the following this month

Star Wars

Vintage EV-9D9 Mint Loose Complete
Vintage Luke Stormtrooper Mint Loose Complete

Lord of the Rings

Strider
Gandalf
Frodo
Legolas
Ringwraith
Saruman

M.A.S.K.
Condor mint in Box
Manta Mint Complete
Buzzrd Mint In Box
Pirahna Mint in Box
Bullet Mint Complete

Pretty big month, good thing my tax return came and I sold some stuff here images/icons/grin.gif

Next month I look to find a mint loose complete Blue Snaggletooth to finish my vintage collection and some more M.A.S.K. stuff

I also thought about getting the SW Trilogy on DVD but I have my overseas contacts working on that, $80+ is too much

Jango_Fettish
03-26-2002, 04:17 PM
POTJ TEEBO BO-SHEK R4-M9 MOC
for $23.99

Invasion Force Sith Attack Speeder w/ Darth Maul for $9.50

Biggs Darklighter FF MOC
for $3.75

UGNAUGHTS FF MOC C9.5+
for $2.99

Episode I Naboo Fighter
for $9.99

8 Sams Club Episode One 2 packs
for $2.31

12" Darth Maul and Sith Speeder MIB
for $10.99

Some of the best deals I have ever gotten... images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

mousedroid
03-26-2002, 04:26 PM
I just lost an auction today for four Sigma Star Wars pieces. Luckily I had made a deal with the seller to buy a fifth piece that she had not auctioned yet.

I also recently bought some Return of the Jedi refrigerator magnets and a Star Wars Hallmark ornament that I somehow missed this year. I haven't been doing much eBay shopping recently.

03-26-2002, 04:43 PM
i bought a vintage anakin for 10.50
4 vintage puzzels 5.50
8 flashback figs carded for 20.00
a vintage at-st for 10.50
a vintage at-at for 27.50
20 star wars insider mags for
.99 cent all mint
star wars a new hope cd for

i think i got good deals images/icons/smile.gif

name
03-26-2002, 06:00 PM
Quicken 2002

images/icons/grin.gif

musasa
03-26-2002, 06:14 PM
A few SW vintage figs, a few books for my courses, and a few Dilbert books for a friend. It's a real crap shoot buying loose figs on-line. Ebay's like a box of chocolates....

JJKS
03-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Haven't really picked up anything Star Wars lately. Did score a 20 ounce CO2 tank and a remote line for my paintball gun for a good deal though.

Jango_Fettish
03-26-2002, 08:10 PM
My fiance scored a new oil pump and a GM Dealership parts Catalogue for $6 and $15 respectively. Go figure..she's the car buff.

I won't touch a car, unless it's to take me on a run. images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_Kenobi
03-26-2002, 08:38 PM
This morining I won a Naboo Royal Security +Bonus Battle Driod figure for $11.00 plus shipping from England images/icons/frown.gif . I'm in the lead now for a Yoda Bonus Battle Droid figure. Hopefully I win it. images/icons/grin.gif

03-26-2002, 09:11 PM
Vintage Star Wars
Transformers PVCs
Transformers G1 Reissues

CyberScout
03-26-2002, 09:11 PM
WOO-HOO!!
Finally scored the vintage "New Hope"
movie poster at a great price images/icons/grin.gif

Muftak
03-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Just the other day I won an auction of POTF2 figues that included Kyle Katarn and the Scanning Tech for a pretty good price...they're loose, but they would've been as soon as they arrived at my house anyway.

It's a pain checking "ambiguous" auctions for hidden surprises, but every now and then it pays off!!

03-27-2002, 05:26 AM
about 20 potj figures (just started back up collecting) and a Neon Genesis Eva 01 boxed set images/icons/grin.gif

03-28-2002, 06:26 PM
I recently got a really awesome deal on a "clean" scout trooper. Only to have it arrive being a TOMY version. No wonder it was so cheap. Guess I'll have to resell it.... Otherwise, not much Star Wars related for the last 3 or 4 months.

I just picked up Sojourn 2-9, and the Collected Edition reprinting the Prequel and #1. Should be here any day. Otherwise, I haven't been in the buying mood lately. I'm getting ready to start listing tons of comics, though....

captmiloman
05-12-2002, 05:08 AM
I resently got a Billy Joel import CD(2 discs), Star Wars Behind the Magic CD-ROM(for eight bucks, unopened), a carded Starbuck figure(from the original Kenner line, not that crappy Trendmasters stuff), Battlestar Galactica-Saga Of A Lost World(It's the uncut version, unfortunately it in the PAL format. Makes a cool collectable, though.), a green Space Glider figure(He's in so-so condition. Can't wait for the Palisades Toys reissues), and several hard to find Eddie Money CD's. Not too bad for Ebay.

captmiloman
05-12-2002, 05:10 AM
I meant to say that the Starbuck figure was from Mattel, not Kenner.

Sith_Lord_Cosmo
05-12-2002, 11:33 AM
I just picked up the Phantom Menance Portfolio. I had looked all over at different bookstores trying to find one for $10.00, but I ended up getting one on ebay for $15. Not too bad

Jango_Fettish
05-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Scored the Hasbro AOTC 40 figure poster a few minutes ago. images/icons/grin.gif

wampa_ems
05-12-2002, 02:57 PM
I am starting my Gundam DVD collection and bought the 0080 DVD set with subtitles.

Matt_Fury
05-12-2002, 05:45 PM
I've been staying away from Ebay for a while...but I did recently win a couple of auctions:

Star Wars Movie Poster (a replica of the originals from 77)

Empire Stirkes Back Movie Poster (another replica)

Amazing Spider-Man comics 30-38....these were written by J.M. Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5....plus it has the Sept 11th Tribute issue in there (#36) and I've heard it was really well done.

steve_howard
05-12-2002, 05:54 PM
I have a bid in right now for a loose vintage sandcrawler. last week I won an auction for all 28 episodes of the live action shazam tv show that aired from 1974-1978. images/icons/grin.gif

Allie_Fox
05-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Great stuff!

Over that past few months I've picked up a few cool non Star Wars items.

Mattel Suckerman (1978 - MIB)

A set of Battlestar Galactica cards (by Wonderbread)

Mattel Electronics Football (the 1977 version - MIB)

Gabriel "Chutes Away"

Entex Space Invader

I've won but haven't received:

Remco System 7 toy gun

GAF Viewmaster viewer (to see the "Twice Upon a Time" reels I bought a few months ago)

Among other things. . .

Sithblade
05-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Probably not the best deals around, but I'm pretty happy! images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/cool.gif :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1727644530&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1020532738&indexURL=0&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1099652559&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1021248797&indexURL=0&rd=1

And these things thought they'd never make it into my collection!

Resistance is futile!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tales/borg.gif images/icons/wink.gif

Qa-Pla!!

05-15-2002, 06:49 PM
The only thing I have gotten off ebay in the past 6 months was the 21st Century Bf-109 that I passed on when it was at retail.

INFAMY_OF_CRETE
05-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Neil Diamonds' underwear. From his 74 Vegas show.

Darth_Kenobi
05-15-2002, 07:10 PM
About a month or so ago I won a Death Star Trooper FF for $15 plus shipping. I never saw it thanks to some dumb idiot who stole it from my mail box/porch. images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/frown.gif I wonder if they are enjoying it or not. I know the seller sent it since he had a confmomastion number on it and it showed that it was delevered to my house so someone took it. Jerk.

I also won a Ree Yes for 10 or something about the same time.

MisterPL
06-14-2002, 12:16 AM
They Call Me Bruce? on VHS. My father LOVES the movie and has trying to find it on home video for years.

Happy Father's Day, Pop!

WampaTaunTaun
06-14-2002, 12:42 AM
I recently bought some auction software of eBay.
I plan on listing a bunch of auctions so I needed software to automate it.
My wife wants to get rid of her old beanies and I need to sell a bunch of SW figures.

I am narrowing my collecting and my wife quit the beanies so she can quit her evening job. She stays home with the kids during the day and I would like to actually see her when I get home from work (imagine that images/icons/wink.gif )

This way I can use the $$ from selling off my extra figures (some carded, some loose) to pay for me to continue collecting w/o using the family funds.

06-14-2002, 12:58 AM
Not much...just 5 yards of black velvet for a Ren Faire Costume. This is the trial piece, if I like it I'm going to stock up since they guy had a eBay store set up where velvet is only about $6.50 or so a yard with shipping! If you're interested, PM me, I'll send you the info images/icons/smile.gif