PDA

View Full Version : It's a Boy!!!

Old_Cocky
03-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone!!!

Maxwell Scott Pearson was born on March 3, 2002, at 10:18 PM. He was 8 lb 2 oz and 22" long...mom and my baby boy are doing wonderfully as am I but a little more tired than usual images/icons/wink.gif Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes throughout the pregnancy images/icons/smile.gif

http://www.jedidefender.com/spearson/ocbjr1.jpg

[ 07-11-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Old Cocky ]

Matt_Carroll
03-06-2002, 11:50 AM
Congrats on the birth of your son, OCB! images/icons/grin.gif

_DJ_
03-06-2002, 11:53 AM
Congrats OCB...now you have someone to share your toys with. images/icons/grin.gif

03-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Congrats, your son is precious! images/icons/smile.gif Glad to know that both he and your wife are doing fine.

P.S. You just think that you are tired now. images/icons/wink.gif

Loopy_Leia
03-06-2002, 12:41 PM
He's cute!!!!!!!! Glad to know he's doing well and so is mama. If you think your tired now just wait. images/icons/smile.gif But at least now you have someone to play with!

musasa
03-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Congratulations. I hope to be here some time next year reporting similar news. images/icons/smile.gif

Ziz
03-06-2002, 12:49 PM
I remember when my nephews were like that. Then they learned to walk and talk. I did get them hooked on Star Wars figures though.

I just copied the George Lucas 60 Minutes interview over to a different tape. At the end, when he was talking about his son, he said "It's different having a son. Boys understand things like explosions and other cool stuff."

my_kind_of_scum
03-06-2002, 02:04 PM
Congratulations! It's going to be a few years before my wife and I are ready for that, but in some ways I can't wait. (In the meantime, though, it allows for more money spent on star wars figures. images/icons/wink.gif )

03-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Congrats!

You named him after Max McGee, the Packer's star of Super Bowl I, right?

Than means your son has to wear green & gold!!

Redgek
03-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Congratulations!

His middle name rocks. images/icons/grin.gif Let us know when he reaches 6000 posts. images/icons/wink.gif

Greejo
03-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Congratulations to both you and your wife OCB, good to hear everything went well. images/icons/smile.gif

czahr
03-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Congratulations Scott! Since I've seen you before, I have to say, he looks just like you! images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/grin.gif

jadesfire
03-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Congratulations!! And his first Star Wars toy is _______??????????????? images/icons/smile.gif

03-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Congrats OCB images/icons/wink.gif

jedicrippler
03-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Congrats man! I hope you got plenty of sleep in the past, because you're gonna need it. images/icons/smile.gif

03-06-2002, 10:21 PM
I am very happy for you all. I have a daughter and a son and hope to have more children someday.

Hemish
03-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Congratulations
Now you only have to wait till they are old enough to crawl to realize how quickly you need to move your collection to a "safe" height , and lock the doors images/icons/smile.gif
I found that out the hard way
Battle droids every where and my little guy just sitting there laughing

03-07-2002, 12:18 AM
How long before he's into Pearl Jam?

Congrats OCB!

mousedroid
03-07-2002, 01:01 AM
Dude! He'd have been worth so much more if you'd left him in the package!

I know, I know, "I wanna play with him." "My wife wouldn't let me." "Blah, blah, blah." images/icons/wink.gif

Seriously though, congratulations!

Lady_Jaye
03-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Now you have an excuse to be ib teh toy ailse and to go into TRU. LOL! Seriously congrats on your new baby boy, and glad to hear that both mom and son are doing fine. Now it's time to wait on her hand and foot right?
Again congrats and may the force be with him as well. images/icons/wink.gif

brew
03-07-2002, 01:25 AM
Congrats!! I named my son Max as well.. everyone likes the name images/icons/smile.gif Now be good to your wife! images/icons/wink.gif

LandotheScoundrel
03-07-2002, 01:43 AM
Hey congratulations!!! images/icons/grin.gif

MisterPL
03-07-2002, 01:46 AM
Loose and complete, just like my kids! Congratulations, Dad! I can see the Playskool line expanding already! All the best to you and Mom.

Not to get too nosey but Mom IS breastfeeding (http://www2.cybernex.net/~gene/bf.html), right?

03-07-2002, 01:54 AM
Congratulations! He's beautiful!

March is a great month to be born in, and there are several here to attest to that images/icons/smile.gif

Old_Cocky
03-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks to all for your kind words, today is my first day back at work and it was tough to leave this morning images/icons/frown.gif Everything about fatherhood has been just as expected...

Max and I watched the new trailer last night, our first official Star Wars moment...he slept through it. I think those new Playskool toys look better and better every day. About three days after he was born it hit me how much fun we are going to have playing together and introducing the joy I have found in a galaxy far far away images/icons/grin.gif

I just someday for him to have a collection that rivals Big Red's son images/icons/shocked.gif

darth_yoda
03-11-2002, 12:18 PM
OCB, congrats on the boy, he's quite the handsome little guy. I fell your pain on the sleeping issue, my wife had our little girl on Wed.

Old_Cocky
03-11-2002, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darth yoda:
OCB, congrats on the boy, he's quite the handsome little guy. I fell your pain on the sleeping issue, my wife had our little girl on Wed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations!!! How did everything go???

My wife is breastfeeding so I don't have to get up as much as she does but I still help with the diapers etc. I feel pretty good today but we'll see this afternoon how it goes, where is my Diet Coke??? images/icons/grin.gif

darth_yoda
03-11-2002, 02:27 PM
Everything went really smooth. A little jaundiced and a little meconium (sp?) but she's perfect. My wife is doing the deed too so I don't have to get up much either. I help when possible. I was up for like 36 hours straight so the first chance to sleep was much welcomed and appreciated but I'm back at work and going at it now. I'll hit you up for pointers, you can tell me what to expect in the next 72 hours before it happens. images/icons/grin.gif She was a big girl, she's gaining too, up to 8 09 as of today.

Jedi_Master
03-11-2002, 02:45 PM
OCB and Darth Yoda!

Congratulations to both of you! What wonderful news. OCB your son is a dashing young man! Most of my friends, and cousins have kids already. All of them say that it changed their lives, but that it was the most fantastic thing that ever happened to them!

My wife & I just found out that we are due on September 25, so before long, we'll find out what all the fuss is about! images/icons/smile.gif

hansloroll
07-11-2003, 01:37 AM
Old Cocky,all I see are red x's.

I wish to congratulate you on the momentous occasion and wonder,has he eaten any of your toys yet?

i_like_yoda
07-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Why why why why why.........

hansloroll
07-11-2003, 01:49 AM
He said it was ok to ask him,as it bears no ill will to the community at large and I was curious as to how things are going for him almost a year later.

i_like_yoda
07-11-2003, 01:55 AM
ok. We must must do what we muse I suppose.

(I don't even know if that makes sense)

Old_Cocky
07-11-2003, 10:42 AM
http://www.jedidefender.com/spearson/ocbjr2.jpg

Here is the little guy a few weeks ago, time flies everyone, he is already 16 months old. Big Boy though, 99% accross the board on height, weight and head. I've started his O-Lineman training already images/icons/tongue.gif

[ 07-11-2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Old Cocky ]

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
WooHOO!!! Congrats, My Friend.

JoshEEE
07-11-2003, 01:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WooHOO!!! Congrats, My Friend. <font size="2" face="arial">Are you guys even reading the rest of this thread?

images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Old_Cocky
07-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JoshEEE:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial"> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WooHOO!!! Congrats, My Friend. <font size="2" face="arial">Are you guys even reading the rest of this thread?

images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">LOL...I don't think so

hansloroll
07-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Now that was one happy looking boy there OCB.He sure knows how to wear the food,and apparently eat it as well if he is that big.

That isn't you in the avatar right?That was GNT right?

Old_Cocky
07-12-2003, 09:51 AM
correct images/icons/smile.gif

Thoughts?

JoshEEE
07-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Thoughts? <font size="2" face="arial">Mine are:

I wonder if he'll be at Comic Con.

I wonder if he'd post a picture of him with the helmet on (I'm curious to see what the costume looks like too).

Can GNT really transform into a truck in that thing?

JediMAC
07-13-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Old Cocky:
http://www.jedidefender.com/spearson/ocbjr2.jpg

Here is the little guy a few weeks ago...<font size="2" face="arial">Wow, congrats Scott! Another boy, eh?! How come you didn't even tell us? Geez, you and I even work together at the same site and chat all the time and you didn't even say a thing... images/icons/confused.gif

He sure is big for a new baby! And is it really a good idea to already be feeding spaghetti to a newborn? You and Jen should go to some parenting classes or something... images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Regardless, congrats on the young fella! He's got those freaky crystal blue eyes of yours too! images/icons/cool.gif