PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Star Wars characters

Log
02-08-2001, 09:11 PM
Out of the many, many, many characters that inhabit the Star Wars Universe, which of them are your favorite(s)?

As for myself I have three favorites-Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and Boba Fett. Yep, I love bad guys especially SW bad guys.

Vader has been one of my favs for a long time because he's simply a big time ******. He killed the Jedi, Obi-Wan, caught Leia, fought and defeated Luke while also taking away Luke's innocence, killed many an Imperial officer, froze Han, and was planning to use Luke to destroy Palpatine. While it might sound morbid to like a character who made others suffer and killed people, like I said he's ****** and he knows it. He doesn't take crap from anyone.

I like Darth Maul because he is the "evil and dark villian" personified. He's silent, swift, and merciless when fighting. I enjoy him so much because of how little I know about him. The more mysterious the character, the more intriguing since I have a desire to learn more about said character.

Boba Fett has been a fav since I was a kid. When I was little, I would always fast forward through Empire until the scenes where Fett was came up. Bear in mind this is when I was 7 or 8 so I didn't know how great of a movie Empire was at the time but Fett looked cool and I always enjoyed how evil he seemed without really being that evil.

Nowadays I'm leaning towards having a fourth favorite character and that would be the farmboy turned Jedi, Luke Skywalker. If you think about it, he is a ****** as well. He destroyed the first Death Star, blew up an AT-AT, fought Vader and lived to tell about it, royally messed up Jabba The Hutt and his men, took out Biker Scouts, fought Vader again and ended up chopping off Vader's right hand as well. He might have been whiny in the first film, but he more than proved how he could kick *** later on.

So who are your favs?

------------------
"Do you have stuff?"

Sithblade
02-12-2001, 12:26 AM
I agree with your choices, too. I'd like to add an "Expanded Universe" character, if I could: Sharad Hett, The "Mad Max" of the Jedi! His story is the same as Max's:

" A man, driven by the demons of his past, A man who journeyed out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again!"

Now tell me he's not! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

[This message has been edited by sithblade316 (edited 02-11-2001).]

Greejo
02-12-2001, 02:56 AM
When I was younger it was the original 6 Bounty Hunters that caught my imagination......and to this day nothing has topped them.
Other faves include
Amanaman
Teesek
ReeYees
Greedo
Momaw Nadon
and of course the mighty
Gamorrean Guard

------------------
"...is there anybody out there..."

02-12-2001, 03:33 AM
I like the Ewoks. The Ewoks and Jar Jar. That's pretty much it.

02-12-2001, 04:17 AM
For background eye candy, I'm partial to the Royal Guard. I mean, we know even less about them than we do about Fett, but they have to be really good at what they do to be Palpy's bodyguards.

For straight up main characters, I'm sticking to Palpatine. I distinctly remember being scared witless by him the first time I saw tESB, and that fear has grown into a respectful appreciation of the character.

------------------
Caesar is always right.
You will listen to Caesar.
Caesar is God.
If anything like this ever happens again, Caesar will personally rip your lungs out.

02-12-2001, 09:04 AM
I know its a coup-out, but LUKE has always been my favorite character. I guess its because I have so much in common with him: whiny farmboy (I'm from Nebraska) that just wants to get off the farm (in my case a mid-sized farm town) and find adventure.

Other favorits:
Bossk (by far a much cooler bounty hunter than Fett)
Wedge Antillies (I realy liked the X-Wing comics)
Ree-Yees
Tessek
Gamorian Guards

mousedroid
02-12-2001, 11:01 AM
Chewie and R2. Also Han from Star Wars, but not so much from Empire and Jedi.

02-12-2001, 11:18 AM
Jar Jar and the Gungan Warrior.

JediPadawan
06-16-2002, 03:44 PM
I am a huge Jedi fan. Henceforth my favorite characters are, in order:

1. Plo Koon
2. Coleman Trebor
3. Oppo Rancisis
4. Yoda

For all of you who don't know about Coleman, he is a Vurk from the planet Sembla. He can be seen below:

http://community.webtv.net/JediPadawan1/jedipadawan/scrapbookFiles/mailedD2.jpg

[ 06-16-2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: JediPadawan ]

Beedo
06-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Darth Vader, plus any suitably cool-looking reptilian or insectoid alien (Amanamen, Rodians, Gands, Verpine, Trandoshans, Geonosians, Rancors, &c). Also, any oddball alien is also cool in my book (Gran, Dugs, Quarren, &c). I also like Gungans, but not, I must point out, Jar Jar Binks. Boss Nass and Captain Tarpals are another matter. Anyone who wants to pound Jar Jar to death or zaps him with a cattle-prod is okay in my book.

Oh, and I'm partial to them Twi'lek girls, too. Hubba hubba. images/icons/grin.gif

[ 06-16-2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

Plo_Koon
06-16-2002, 07:14 PM
hmmmm..
I have always liked vader..When I first saw ANH I saw a villan that fially kicked ***** images/icons/smile.gif

as far as main charcters go I like
Han and Chewie
leia (is hands down my favorite female charcter)
luke (Very good "human" charcter)

background charcters I like:
Fett (and who dosen't like him??)
Tessek
stormtroopers
Eve-9D9 (this robot scared the hell out of me when I was little images/icons/grin.gif )
momaw nadon
ponda baba

images/icons/grin.gif

steve_howard
06-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Ep1- Sebulba, Aura Sing, Watto
Ep2- Zam, Jango, Dexter
Star Wars- Han Solo, Greedo, R2
Empire- Han Solo, Yoda, Boba Fett
Jedi- Han Solo, Ewoks, Boba Fett

Overall- Han Solo

06-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Darth Vader is my number-one all-time favorite. Here are a few others

Chewbacca
Greedo
C-3PO and R2-D2
Han Solo
Obi-wan Kenobi (both prequel and trilogy)
Jabba the Hutt (ROTJ and possibly TPM only- not the cruddy CGI Jabba in ANH)
Darth Maul