PDA

View Full Version : Should I even bother to continue...

PhantomShadow
07-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Attempting to make 2 custom figures but I will not say what they are.
I took a pic and showed them to 2 people I talk to on MSM and the feedback was......... different shall we say.

So - should I continue with these figures?
If yes - then you should have a rough idea of who/what they are supposed to be.

thanks
http://server3.web-mania.com/users/pollocka/girls.jpg

Kris
07-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Dued.. YES..

those look SUWEET..

I didn't even see the lines of resculting...

it just look PERFECT.. like it is a Hasrbo Mold..

and the one on the right...

the same.. card them and sell them on ebay as unreleased things, andou will get big bucks images/icons/wink.gif

(I was kidding bout the ebay thing.. don't sell your kids images/icons/tongue.gif )(kids=customs) images/icons/wink.gif

CorranHorn
07-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by PhantomShadow:
Attempting to make 2 custom figures but I will not say what they are.
I took a pic and showed them to 2 people I talk to on MSM and the feedback was......... different shall we say.

So - should I continue with these figures?
If yes - then you should have a rough idea of who/what they are supposed to be.

thanks
http://server3.web-mania.com/users/pollocka/girls.jpg <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah you should definitely continue working on these customs, you look to be on a good start with these commanding ladies images/icons/smile.gif

Might I ask, what was the mixed feedback that you got? You seem to be goin on the right track with them, though perhaps their chest size is a bit large. A good use of the POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer body!

PhantomShadow
07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
I got 2 comments

1) they looked like Prostitutes
2) Men dressed as wome
images/icons/confused.gif

CorranHorn
07-29-2003, 06:58 PM
they obviously didn't know what they were talking about. my philosophy on customizing has always been, work with what you like. if you want people to critique your work, only pay attention to those who are actually insightful in the critique, those who make useful comments and when pointing out flaws aren't flammatory about it but instead try to help you along in the process.

keep that in mind and you should be all good images/icons/smile.gif

skygunbro
07-29-2003, 06:59 PM
I think they look great.And my opinion is that if you make something share it with others but dont take everything said to heart or youll never customize again.I noticed on some boards that people can be very critical of other peoples work just because its not a 100% accurate.i say ultimately if you like it than thats all that matters.After all customizing is supposed to be fun and a relaxing hobby if you get stressed out cause some people make over critical critques then thats when it becomes not fun anymore.All in all do it for yourself and just enjoy.
Constructive criticism is great and can only make your stuff better.

PhantomShadow
07-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Heehe
The people I asked were female. I figured since they have bits that I don't, they would be good to ask being female and all.
But I asked what did they think they were - meaning male or female, but they took it as meaning what type of character they are.

Still when someone calls your custom a Prostitute, you start to worry.

Thanks guys - I get the paint tomorrow.
I should get Daala finished soon. Not sure about Isard as she has a funny head and may need a new one images/icons/frown.gif

JediKitty
07-29-2003, 09:55 PM
1) they looked like Prostitutes <font size="2" face="arial">Say what???

2) Men dressed as women <font size="2" face="arial">?? A little blocky, but still female. Not all of us are wispy Padmes or Leias. Unless the books specify Daala and Isard as being very thin, I wouldn't worry much about that.

chewcracca
07-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Dude, don't worry about it. Give them both a nice lick of paint and they'll both look sic!

Nisus_Kitrath
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Deffinately keep working on them.

Carnor_Jax
07-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Pretty cool Admiral Daala & Director Isard figures I'd keep working on them!!!

I wish I could finish my Director Isard but alas I had to trash it... images/icons/frown.gif

Stormtripper
07-30-2003, 01:03 AM
stick with it, they are pretty good men dressed as women prostitutes ( I am just rassin ya images/icons/smile.gif )
They are a great looking customs in the making..

Sith_Lord_Chaos
07-30-2003, 01:14 AM
They look good. Don't give up.

07-30-2003, 05:08 AM
I like them, Figures like those are what makes customs fun. One thing I can say, I can sure tell they are women. hehe, Nice Boob job. images/icons/shocked.gif Keep up the Good work.

jokabofe
07-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by PhantomShadow:
Heehe
The people I asked were female. I figured since they have bits that I don't, they would be good to ask being female and all.
<font size="2" face="arial">that made me laugh. but as the others have said, you should make your decision to continue based on how you feel they are coming out. when i make something, i don't really take people's opinions to heart. if people have constructive critiscisms i listen and think about what has been said, but if people just say 'that sucks' or whatever, i tell em to go screw themselves, unless i think it sucks as well images/icons/smile.gif

and next time someone criticizes your work, ask 'em to see some of what they have done.

07-31-2003, 12:23 AM
It looks fantastic. My only bee fwith it is that the breasts are way to large. you can sand them of to make them smaller, though.

MetalJedi
07-31-2003, 03:15 AM
Im with the rest and say you should keep on customizing. You did a great job capturing these two ladies.