PDA

View Full Version : When customizing...

CPrompt
07-09-2003, 09:05 PM
what do you all use as far as paint goes?
I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you airbrush, paintbrush or spray can?
2. Do you primer the figure before you paint it?

Just thought I'd ask some of you guys before I venture into the world of customizing. After that I just have to figure out what I want to make.

I have done somethings as far as model building and miniature painting, but have not gotten into customizing a lot.

Thanks in advance.

sarlaccpit
07-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CPrompt:

1. Do you airbrush, paintbrush or spray can?
<font size="2" face="arial">It depends on the situation for me. I do all three, just depending on what I have available to me at the time, or how big an item is.

2. Do you primer the figure before you paint it?<font size="2" face="arial">Again, it depends, but usually I do. If I am repaining a 12" head, then no, as I don't want to run the risk of it reacting with the plastic, and eating the head. But when I am painting one of my sculpt, which are recast in resin, I always primer them.

CPrompt
07-09-2003, 09:54 PM
ok, cool. as far as paints go, I am more apt to think that for something like a 12" body or even the 3 3/4", acrylics would be a good bet. Since I beleive that acrylics adhere to the plastic better.

Thoughts?

sarlaccpit
07-09-2003, 10:20 PM
No, they don't adhere better, but they are what you want to use. Enamil paints will eat the plastics used in making the toys, so stay away. Acrylic won't bother the materials any, but tend to scratch off easy. So, just use an acrylic sealer when finished.