PDA

View Full Version : Glue!

01-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a brand of glue suitable for
glueing plastic bubbles to photographic paper without damaging either.Also any recommendations on which photo paper is best to use.(I am trying to make some custom cardbacks fore some custom figures i have)

Thanks guys

Pete.... images/icons/grin.gif

Kris
01-06-2003, 07:44 PM
why does that scene of American Pie II coming up in my memories images/icons/tongue.gif

ScoundreI
01-06-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kris Van de Sande:
why does that scene of American Pie II coming up in my memories images/icons/tongue.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Oh Gawd! http://www.pregnancy.org/phpBB/images/emoticons/laughing4.gif

Aleen's Tacky Glue works well in my opinion. Good luck!

01-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Many thanks for your advice guys.
Any more top tips you can share with me?

01-08-2003, 01:30 AM
I just did my first card this past week and learned a lot of valuable lessons. The first thing is practice on dummy cards. I made a card and when I thought all I had to do was glue on the bubble and cut the peg whole I kept smearing the paper or making bad cuts. www.ffur.com (http://www.ffur.com) have great articles and advice. As for gluing I tried several just for practice. The Tacky glue worked great for me as well. It was easy to put on and dried clear. I also used the 3mm spray. It is good but spraying is a lot harder that just pointing. Too much as it ruins the bubble, card etc. One final thing on printing. The glossy paper works best. I tried glossy, glossy heavywight. I would recommend trying different setting to see what you liked best. The pictures come of differently just how you set your printer on paper quality. The glossy setting worked for me after testing a few pictures. Three cards, 7 photos, 3 different types of printing papers later it was worth it.

ScoundreI
01-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Practice, practice, practice!

Use a steel ruler and a razor knife to cut the straight edges on the card and do the rounded corners with scissors after glueing the two halves together!