PDA

View Full Version : A crazy idea that just might work...

Tyler_Pugmire
12-23-2002, 08:53 PM
I'm just looking for feedback on my idea. Let me know if anyone would use this.

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I have a hard time finding parts for a custom project. I really hate to buy an entire figure for one or two parts, especially if it's an older figure and you have to get it off ebay. What about a seperate forum for the customizers to post their parts needs? If another customizer has the parts that you need, they'd just reply via PM or email. It'd work just like a trade list, you can keep updating it as your needs change. I've found that posting a need for a part on the trading or classifieds sections do little to no good because the people that would need to see the posts (customizers) often don't. This way, only the customizers would see the posts, and know what to expect when visiting the forum. Whadya think?
-Ty-

[ 12-23-2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Tyler Pugmire ]

12-23-2002, 11:11 PM
That's not a bad idea, and I like it...I've run into this as well, and don't complete or even start some customs because I don't have a few small parts that I need, and don't want to drop cash on a whole figure...

CorranHorn
12-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I think it would best work as a thread within this section of the Rebelscum forums. I don't think an entire section is needed, just a thread which only has a person's posts requesting parts. No replies within the thread, no conversations, just someone asking for such and such part and a request for anyone who may have it to contact them either via the Forums Private Message system, email, or some other way.

MetalJedi
12-24-2002, 04:56 AM
I like that idea as well. It's hard sometimes trying to find certain parts for customs.

Neo_242
12-24-2002, 07:52 AM
I'll propose the idea to Philip images/icons/smile.gif

Neo_242
12-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Philip's answer:

This is something that we have available in our customizers list group.
http://www.rebelscum.com/listserv.asp

Regards... Philip Wise
<font size="2" face="arial">Hope to see you all there? images/icons/smile.gif

Bart

Tyler_Pugmire
12-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by CorranHorn:
Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I think it would best work as a thread within this section of the Rebelscum forums. I don't think an entire section is needed, just a thread which only has a person's posts requesting parts. No replies within the thread, no conversations, just someone asking for such and such part and a request for anyone who may have it to contact them either via the Forums Private Message system, email, or some other way.<font size="2" face="arial">That's the way we'll do it then, anyone want to start? I'm at work now, and can't really remember what I need.
-Ty-

Tyler_Pugmire
12-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Neo-242:
Philip's answer:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">This is something that we have available in our customizers list group.
http://www.rebelscum.com/listserv.asp

Regards... Philip Wise
<font size="2" face="arial">Hope to see you all there? images/icons/smile.gif

Bart</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Most of us already are there, but I'd say 50% of the email coming from the list gets deleted without even getting read. That's why I came up with the idea, but we'll just start a thread on it, as an entire section does seem a little much.
-Ty-

SCS
12-24-2002, 12:05 PM
I think this a great idea!

ScoundreI
12-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Sorry, Double post!

[ 12-24-2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: ScoundreI ]

ScoundreI
12-24-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey Guys,
Yeah, I was going to say that was the original point of the trade list: A way to get parts for customs. What it has turned into is a place for collectors to trade mint on mint card figures.
Since the list has turned into a den of lurkers, why don't we just start a thread in the customizing forum if we want a part? What do you guys think?
TTYS!

CorranHorn
12-24-2002, 10:59 PM
heheh tony, u were beaten to the punch by ty, the thread shall be made. doing it on the trade list is pointless for many reasons, including as u said that its used by collector's mostly, and thus the postings to the list are likely to get deleted.
so long as we moderate ourselves when posting to the thread (see my post above), this will prove to be quite the helpful thread.

Carnor_Jax
12-25-2002, 01:28 AM
Hey Tyler this is a good idea(You and I had some of these trades for heads I think...)
But ALOT of people do not like doing this because they look at things as being "Not Worth It" for a couple of parts but isn't this why this forum was started in the first place???? Only trading for carded or loose figures alone doesn't work...And I hate using a figure jsut for their head etc. and having a wasted figure left over that sits around to be made(If Ever)so this is a great topic that should be looked into furthur and maybe..just maybe it can get back to the way it was...

And kinda a little "OT" but I ran across this problem but with finding reference pictures for some of the customs that I am making only to find out that I was told to "Surf the net and find them" myself...DUH!! I did that already!!! You can't even get a pic e-mailed to you when you ask for it...And with 250+ members on that list you think you could get a decent answer....

DAMN!!!

I help out when I can but alot of people don't care and that's sad.. images/icons/frown.gif

Hopefully things will change... images/icons/confused.gif

Jax

ScoundreI
12-25-2002, 02:37 AM
Damn, beaten by TP again! images/icons/wink.gif

Hey Carnor Jax, I am hopeful that the list will suddenly become healthy again too, but I am not holding my breath! images/icons/frown.gif

Tyler_Pugmire
12-25-2002, 08:30 PM
Ok, the new thread is up. Find it here if you haven't already:
http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001412
-Ty-