PDA

View Full Version : NJO Overview

Jediknight760071
09-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Could a few of you guys help me by posting brief overviews of each NJO book?
I'm gonna start on Star by Star, but school won't let me enough time to read them all so I am asking for some info on the books and a detailed description of Chewie's end only because he is my fave. character.

Jediknight760071
09-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Come now, someone must have an explanation.

Letovx
09-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Is Star by Star the first NJO book you're reading or have you read from Vector Prime on. If your starting at Star by Star your going to be a little confused. I think S by S is one of the best written NJO books but they are all pretty enjoyable. I can give you a brief overview on some you have not read yet. I just finished Traitor and can't wait for the next in the series.

RG

Darth_Bryan
09-27-2002, 02:40 PM
I agree that Star by Star is probably the best written NJO book but don't start there. You've got to start with Vector Prime. Here's a list of the books in order:

1. Vector Prime, by R. A. Salvatore.
2. Dark Tide I: Onslaught, by Michael A. Stackpole
3. Dark Tide II: Ruin, by Michael A. Stackpole
4. Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, by James Luceno
5. Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse, by James Luceno
6. Balance Point, by Kathy Tyers
7. Edge of Victory I: Conquest, by Greg Keyes
8. Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, by Greg Keyes
9. Star by Star, by Troy Denning
10. Dark Journey, by Elaine Cunningham (Feb 2002, paperback)
11. Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston (Apr 2002, paperback)
12. Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston (Aug 2002, paperback)
13. Traitor, by Matthew Woodring Stover
14. Destiny's Way, by Walter Jon Williams (Oct. 2002, hardcover)
15. Force Heretic I: Remnant, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Mar 2003, paperback)
16. Force Heretic II: Refugee, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Jun 2003, paperback)
17. Force Heretic III: Reunion, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Aug 2003, paperback)

If you go to to any online book site you can get a review of each book pretty easy. At Amazon.com just type in New Jedi Order and you get a list of all of them.

Hope this helps. FYI some of the dates are subject to change and it's also an older list so it may not be 100% accurate

[ 09-27-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: BryanC ]

Jediknight760071
09-28-2002, 02:57 AM
I know the book names, but not their stories, I need someone who has read them to tell me what happens.

09-28-2002, 10:38 AM
OK, here goes.

Vector Prime: The Yuuzhan Vong advance force take over planets called Belkadan and Helska. Luke Skywalker and his force destroy Helska and the entire advance force. Meanwhile Chewie is killed when the Yuuzhan Vong send a moon down on his head. And Mara Jade has a strange illness.
-
Dark Tide: The Vong continue to attack. Jaina Solo joins Rogue Squadron. On Dantooine there is a very big, very cool battle.
-
Heros Trial: Mara is cured (sort of). Han recovers from Chewies death by finding a new friend called Droma. The Vong continue their attack and the refugee problem escalates. An organisation called the Peace Brigade (humans who help the Vong) appears (my personal faves so far)
-
Balance Point: The refugee situation comes to a climax on Duro. The Vong attack sucessfully and decide to put a bounty on all Jedi.
-
Edge of Victory: Yavin IV is attacked but Anakin saves the day. Ben Skywalker is born. Mara is cured (for sure).

Jediknight760071
09-28-2002, 10:38 PM
On Dantooine there is a very big, very cool battle. <font size="2" face="arial">Thanks a lot! That really helps, but was the battle an air/ space battle or a jedi/ ground battle?

Darth_Bryan
10-03-2002, 05:27 PM
On Dantooine I believe the battle was a ground & space battle. I know for sure there was a space battle.

Here's a link that will give you some more info on the books. It doesn't give any spoilers it's just from the book jacket or something like it.

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/new_jedi.html

Jediknight760071
10-05-2002, 01:34 AM
Cool! Thanks! I'll take a look and review it.

Spike
10-06-2002, 02:37 AM
Go to your public library, borrow the books, then read the damn things.

Jediknight760071
10-11-2002, 09:20 PM
I don't have time... I'm in honors english and i can't spare any time. oh, and watch your language!

[ 10-11-2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Jediknight760071 ]

Jacen_Solo
10-23-2002, 03:47 PM
Whilst I think you should really read the books for yourself (they're all worth reading) www.njoe.com (http://www.njoe.com) has extensive summaries of all the books up to Traitor (including the ebook Recovery and the shorts from Star Wars Gamer).

Since you're reading from SBS I'll tell you in advance that the ebook Ylesia is set between Chapters 20 and 21 of Destiny's Way (though if you wait and get the paperback it's likely to be positioned correctly in that).

Hope this helps

10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
I talked to Salvatore over the weekend at a book signing. He said there is no chance he will be writing another NJO book. All the remaining titles have been farmed out to other authors. I've enjoyed all of them, so I don't care who writes them so much, but I am a little disappointed that the series is ending at all, even if it is years from now. He also mentioned wanting to co-write the Episode 3 novelization with Terry Brooks.

Quigonbyebye
10-30-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Jediknight760071:
I don't have time... I'm in honors english and i can't spare any time. oh, and watch your language!<font size="2" face="arial">Well if you don't have time to look it up, how're you going to have time to read Star by Star? images/icons/confused.gif images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/grin.gif

Jacen_Solo
10-31-2002, 04:10 AM
Just want to correct myself, Ylesia is set between Ch. 21 and 22 of Destiny's Way NOT ch. 20 and 21 as I originaly stated.

Jediknight760071
11-17-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Quigonbyebye:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Jediknight760071:
I don't have time... I'm in honors english and i can't spare any time. oh, and watch your language!<font size="2" face="arial">Well if you don't have time to look it up, how're you going to have time to read Star by Star? images/icons/confused.gif images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/grin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">It may be awile before I get the chance. images/icons/frown.gif