PDA

View Full Version : Help With SW Galaxy Magazines.

09-20-2002, 02:49 AM
Hi - can anyone help me out here ? I need a list showing which free posters and trading cards were poly-bagged with SW Galaxy Magazines. Any help much appreciated, ta!

The_Man_with_No_Name
09-20-2002, 10:20 AM
If I can remember to pull them out, I'll try to get you the information this weekend when I'm home. I'm not sure I can help with the trading cards, as I may have put them into binders, but I can get you info on the posters with each issue.

09-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Cheers. I'd appreciate that muchly.

The_Man_with_No_Name
09-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Okay, it's not complete, but here's what I got:

Issue #1, Fall '94:
-Poster of Boba Fett by Markus Harrison, back describes Fett and armor w/pictures.
-Topps Ashcan Edition comic book of Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith. black & white, 16 page preview
-Topps Finest preview card: glossy card with artwork of Cloud Car by Ralph McQuarrie. #SWGM 1
-Supposedly a SW widevision card was included, but I don't know which one.

Issue #2, Winter '95:
-Poster of Millennium Falcon Hamilton Collection Plate. Info, pics, diagram of Falcon on back
-Topps Ashcan Edition comic book of X-Files, 16 pages black & white
-SW Mastervision Preview trading card. About the size of the magazine, front is Ralph McQuarrie's picture of the bounty hunters at Bespin
-?Topps Finest preview card, glossy McQuarrie artwork of Imperial Shuttle over Coruscant. #SWGM 2

Issue #3, Spring '95:
-Poster "Essential Guide to Star Wars Aliens" with description of them on the back
-?Topps Finest preview card, glossy McQuarrie artwork of AT-AT & Snowspeeder. #SWGM 3

Issue #4, Summer '95:
-Poster "Battle of Hoth" illustrated by Steve Reiss. Info and pics of Hoth on back
-4x6 inch(?) card with current 4 magazine covers on the front, back is an add for the Brothers Hildebrandt doing the cover for issue #5.
-?Topps Finest preview card, glossy McQuarrie artwork of Luke on his X-Wing in the Dagobah swamp. #SWGM 4

Issue #5, Fall '95:
-Poster of McQuarrie artwork. Front has the giant Gorax looking into the Ewok Village
-SW Mastervision preview card, picture of tauntaun running from AT-AT, by McQuarrie. #P2
-There may have been another card with this issue

Issue #6, Winter '96:
-Poster of Bounty Hunters. Front is a collage of the TESB hunters with a wanted sign featuring Han/Chewbacca. Back describes them along with a lot of EU bounty hunters - written by Andy Mangels
-Card: I don't know which one came with this issue

Issue #7, Spring '96:
-Poster featuring Shadows of the Empire artwork by the Hildebrandt brothers. Xizor is on the front
-SOTE preview card of Xizor by Hildebrandt. #SOTE 1
-?Finest Chromium Card (it was either #SWF 1 featuring Boba Fett or SWF 2 featuring Vader)

Issue #8, Summer '96:
-Poster of "The Dark Side" Front has Xizor's Virago flying in front of Star Destroyers. Back has bios of Dark Side characters written by Andy Mangels
-?Cover Gallery Card #C1?

Issue #9, Fall '96:
-Poster of SOTE vehicles. The Falcon and the Outrider are on the front, with descriptions of all vehicles from SOTE on back
-SW 3-D preview card. Shows Vader in the Death STar hangar during Star WArs. #3DI 1
-Cover Gallery Card #C2, featuring SOTE card by Hildebrandt with Luke & Xizor

Issue #10, Winter '97:
-Poster of SW Special Edition scene with X-Wings approaching Death STar. Back of poster highlights new effects in special edition
-Joe Jusko Cover Gallery Card #C3
-SW Trilogy Special Edition preview widevision card, with Jabba the Hutt in Docking Bay 94. #P2

Issue #11:
-Vader poster - I don't have it, so can't describe it
-Walter Simonson Cover Gallery CArd #C4
-SW Metal Tech Prototype Card ... I don't know what this is, I don't appear to have it
-3x5 inch(?) Preview card for SW Vehicles card set. Displays 2 cards on the front, one with a B-Wing, and one with Slave I

Issue #12:
-Poster of Bespin Leia on the front, with scenes of Leia through the trilogy on the back
-I don't know what cards came with this issue

Issue #13:
-Poster of Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke artwork on front. It talks about the Jedi on the back
-I don't know what cards came with this issue

Hope that helps you out. I also have the SW GAlaxy Collector magazines if you need to know what came with those. Just let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

09-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Cheers Man With No Name (is it Blondi?). An absolutely great job and a fantastic help to me. Consider your halo well and truly polished.