PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books

ScoundreI
09-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Does anyone here listen to the SW audio books? Are they any good? I know there are a ton of them, so this may be a little hard to answer! Thanks!

09-11-2002, 04:32 PM
If you get the chance, listen to the Crimson Empire tape. It's a radio drama style production.

If you were to just listen to it without having seen the comic you'd think Royal Guards fight with lightsabers and every band in the universe plays the Cantina song.

The problem with the dramatized versions is that they never use non-Star Wars soundeffects so it can get confusing to hear a light saber (thwwppzzzz) when two guys are fighting with force pikes.

09-12-2002, 11:08 AM
some of them suck, and some are incrdeible!the ones with full cast voices are awesome like Dark Empire 1 and 2 .also, the dark forces trilogy which depicts kyle katarn's journey from imperial officer to jedi is incredible.the NPR radio dramas of the original movies are great as well .there are also two full cast dramas for the tales of the Jedi series as well .those along with the crimson empire are all worth getting.

09-12-2002, 01:48 PM
I only have the assault at selonia, showdown at centerpoint and the second book of the thrawn trilogy in audio books, and i like them all. images/icons/grin.gif

Carnor_Jax
09-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Tony, The Crimson Empire CD's are great..They are almost word for word from the comic..And some cassette version like Tales Of The Jedi are great too..

But the best has to be the New Jedi Order series..Especially the ones narrated by Anthony Held..He is very descriptive and does a very good job on the NJO books..

I usually run these tapes/CD when I am customizing..It keeps me going and since they are about 3 hrs. total for these tapes..

I get mine thru the library and If I like it I buy it/copy it..

Later,

Mike
images/icons/smile.gif

wycljr@aol.com

[ 09-12-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Carnor Jax ]

09-21-2002, 09:42 PM
If you want any audio books from Star Wars I have a few that I'm selling or trading. I'll be posting a list in the buy/sell section shortly.

I think they are great! I however can't agree with some people, as I didn't like the full cast radio dramas as much as the single author versions, but they are all fun to listen to on long drives.