PDA

View Full Version : Classic comic reprints.

07-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Hey darthmathew what's up bloke?I bought the first two reprint books and I love them.I have a collection of the entire marvel series and it cost a lot more than $210 american dollars to assemble.just the first issue alone cost me over $30.00 and the last issue is going for like $70.00.there's also a few issues sprinkled here and there that go for a few bucks as well. the reprint editions can be taken outside and read and be enjoyed without worrying about your collectioin being ruined from multiple readings.

Darthmatthew
07-30-2002, 12:16 AM
The new reprints of the original Marvel comics cost 24 (about $30) each, and there are going to be 7 of them. If you get the whole set that will cost 168 thats $210. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy all of the original comics? images/icons/mad.gif

That way you have the stories and a nice collection. I was really looking foward to this collection but the price has really put me off. images/icons/frown.gif

Lord_Vader_
07-30-2002, 01:32 PM
i think the price is pretty good for what you get.
and an excellent idea, similar to how marvel reprints stuff in black and white int eh marvel essentials line.
huge books with old x-men, avengers, spiderman,fantastic 4 and more. even secret wars

Angry_Ewok
07-30-2002, 02:38 PM
I am excited to see the books, it'll be a nice read/collector's item. Cost does suck though. images/icons/frown.gif

08-12-2002, 02:58 PM
The cost of $30 for 20 issues in each volume is a BARGAIN - as has been said, if you're looking to track down all of the original comics, not only will it be extremely time-consuming and tedious (I can guarentee that comic stores will not have all the issues), but it will be quite expensive, and may cost you big bucks - these Marvel comics have been rising in price in the past several years, and will continue to do so. Plus, it's not likely that you'll find all of these comics in good shape - the paper quality/printing on comics was far inferior in the '70's and '80's compared to what it's like today...

Not only that, let's just say for the sake of argument that the reprint books are as expensive as buying all of the individual back issues - well, these reprints are better! Not only are they recolored, but they're all reprinted on high-quality paper, with no ads!

And, just to compare, I'm also buying the recent G.I. Joe reprint comics from Marvel, that were originally published in the early '80's. Well, for a TPB containing 10 issues (half of what's in the SW volumes), the price is $25, only $5 less than the $30 for 20 issues in the Star Wars TPB's!