PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Super Collector's Wishbook

BigDumbWookiee
07-04-2002, 11:10 AM
Ok, got some questions for the uber-collectors out there. How "complete" is this book, pre-AOTC (when it was made). I noticed that it doesn't even scratch the surface with cereal boxes, it only lists a dozen or so at most, and I've notices some other items missing here and there, like the sit down big screen version of Sega's Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (which I almost got to buy for about 3 grand, God have mercy on me for not getting that).

What Im specifically interested in is how complete the Pepsi guide is. Ive already noticed it doesnt include the two Singapore Star Wars Special Edition Cans. Any help here would be appreciated.

Im not sure about everything, but I think some of the prices look kind of off. They list the bootleg Star Wars DVDs that we've been talking about in Wuher's Cantina, which you can buy for 9.00 each, at 59.00 a piece.

[ 07-04-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookiee ]

D. Martin
07-11-2002, 03:38 AM
Funny thing is the book has a few bogus items that were placed in other guides to detect plagiarism! Nice try, but not really worth buying IMHO

Andy_Jr
07-11-2002, 04:07 AM
Hey Dave, what are some of the bogus items?

I have seen the book and it looked OK but I agree some of the prices are off, but prices change alot so I dont mind that I just want to see pics and descriptions of items to add to my collection and I'll decide if it's a fair price to me

I have also found wrong pics for some items.
Example: They show a carded figure POTJ Scout trooper with POTJ Leia General item # and description page 27 or 28 I think.

I think I'll just keep going up to Barnes & Noble and checking it for free for a while ( Is that wrong?)
Oh well they have enough of my money for now.

Nayr_Treppel
07-11-2002, 04:11 AM
not going to buy this

BigDumbWookiee
07-22-2002, 11:14 AM
I would also like to know about the bogus items put in there for detecting plagiarism, thats too funny! images/icons/smile.gif About the only thing it seems good for is reminiscing on old Star Wars stuff. Its not very consistent, the prices are lightyears off (whew, sorry for such a bad sci fi reference), and its nowhere near complete.

I'd definately not recomend purchasing it, or at least wait till its on clearance!