PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett and Zam Wessell Comics

Darth_Trinidad
06-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Is it just me, or did these 2 stories make you feel sorry that the two bounty hunters bit the big one in AOTC? Both of these books told interesting sides of 2 characters we barely got to know. Even though I accidentally read them out of order (didn't know the stories were connected), I thought this was one case where an EU story was handled well.

Any other thoughts?

06-10-2002, 07:19 PM
After reading both, I really loved Zam Wesell. She is now my favorite bounty hunter (beats out Bossk). I was really disappointed that she met such an untimely end in AOTC.

As for Fett, I've NEVER understood the fasination with Boba Fett, and now after seeing Jango in AOTC, I must say that I really don't see the fascination with either him or Boba Fett. Both just seem to be overrated.

If Jango is suppost to be the best, why does he have to hire ZAM WESELL to kill Amidala???

MSE_6
06-10-2002, 07:56 PM
Out of these 2 comics I like the Fett one best.

I think the EU work being done by DK is some of the best they have done to date. They blend in very nice with the movies.

I especially like seeing Boba playing with an action figure. (it should have been a vintage Fett with firing missile thought images/icons/tongue.gif )

The next Fett series comics also look great...giving a bit more background on the whole Fett family.

The_Man_with_No_Name
06-11-2002, 09:48 AM
These were both good, and I really liked that they showed a different side of both bounty hunters, and young Boba. I liked how Jango went back to save Zam in his book, and how she convinced him to do the "right thing" in her book. It made me feel kinda sad that he had to kill her in AOTC before she could squeal to Ani/Obi.

Originally posted by JediSeely:
After reading both, I really loved Zam Wesell. She is now my favorite bounty hunter (beats out Bossk). I was really disappointed that she met such an untimely end in AOTC.

As for Fett, I've NEVER understood the fasination with Boba Fett, and now after seeing Jango in AOTC, I must say that I really don't see the fascination with either him or Boba Fett. Both just seem to be overrated.

If Jango is suppost to be the best, why does he have to hire ZAM WESELL to kill Amidala???<font size="2" face="arial">Hey, now ... let's not turn this into a Fett slamfest. People like characters for different reasons. After all, why did you used to have Bossk as a favorite? He does even less than Fett in TESB.

As for him hiring Zam to kill Amidala:
In the novel, it mentions that Zam is an explosives expert (I think), so he obviously wanted her expertise to rig the landing platform.

Even if you ignore that explanation, though, it was probably just to keep another layer of separation in place to avoid connecting Jango with current events, given his relation to the clone army project. (Yea, I know this sorta backfired on him when he killed Zam ...) images/icons/tongue.gif

Jango_Fettish
06-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Jango saving Zam. Yup..something only a E.U. writer could conjure up.

God..why does George let people ruin his work..whhyyyyyyy!!!!!!????

images/icons/rolleyes.gif

The_Man_with_No_Name
06-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dark Hybrid:
Jango saving Zam. Yup..something only a E.U. writer could conjure up.

God..why does George let people ruin his work..whhyyyyyyy!!!!!!????

images/icons/rolleyes.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Hey, DH, why don't you like it? I accept him saving her in the "Honor among thieves" kinda way. If it had been some schmuck, he wouldv'e let her die, but they'd worked together before, etc.

And if you wanna talk about authors hurting GL's universe, there are plenty of worse examples.

Jango_Fettish
06-11-2002, 10:13 AM
I thought the saying was "there is no honor amongst thieves"? lol.

I dunno, I have always been anti-E.U. especially newer stuff. Why already spin a variation of a story that isnt even two months old now? I just see E.U. kind of like something to keep Star Wars fresh in between episodes. Some of the stuff bothers me, thats all.

The_Man_with_No_Name
06-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Dark Hybrid:
I thought the saying was "there is no honor amongst thieves"? lol.

I dunno, I have always been anti-E.U. especially newer stuff. Why already spin a variation of a story that isnt even two months old now? I just see E.U. kind of like something to keep Star Wars fresh in between episodes. Some of the stuff bothers me, thats all.<font size="2" face="arial">Hmmm, maybe you're right with the quote ... can't really remember. I might be getting it mixed up with the thieves guilds in all the D&D games ... honor between members, but who cares about rival guilds ... that sorta thing.

Anyway,
Yea, I agree that most EU has left me very disappointed. I probably like less than 25% of what's out there. I just try not to think of it as GL's version of SW. When I talk about Star Wars with people who don't read the books, I never use the EU to support the story, since they won't know what I'm talking about. And if the movies and the EU contradict, the movies always come first (i.e., Fett died in the Sarlacc, the Geonosians designed the Death Star, etc).

Beaubi_Wan
06-12-2002, 03:46 PM
You guys have to pick up the 4 part DH series "Jango Fett: Open Seasons", it explains EVERYTHING about Jango's past, and the art and battles are sweet, you won't believe you have never had the honor of seeing Mandalorians fight after reading these!

Jango_Fettish
06-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Ooh..so that one depicts his actual past? If it is written tastefully, I may have to get that.

Beaubi_Wan
06-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Dark Hybrid...it is VERY well written and greatly drawn so you can pick up the second issue (on sale today) and get the first in the back issues boxes of your local comic store. 3 and 4 will be out soon too. But if you want to wait all will be compiled into a trade paperback format by November of this year, it is a GREAT read so pick them up if you care about Mandalorians at all!!!