PDA

View Full Version : Movie/book plans

Jediknight760071
06-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Does any one know if there are any plans for any EU movies or a Jedi Outcast book?

Zuckuss44
06-18-2002, 09:26 PM
Lucas has stated that he doesn't want to make episode 7, 8, and 9, but anyway, he probably would ignore the books anyway, and totally screw them up. He wouldn't want to make a movie version of a book.

However, in twenty years when I'm a successful movie director, and on good terms with George, I'll ask him to sign off the series on his deathbed, and then I'll make the next three episodes based on, from what I think right now:

(spoilers)

Episode 7-Heir to the Empire, or at least part of that series, what with the conclusion in book three. More like a condensed version of the Thrawn trilogy. The marriage of Han and Leia happened earlier, so it would be in the scrolling message.

Episode 8-Vector Prime-At the end of the Thrawn trilogy, show that the New Republic has become a new institution, and that the Empire is gone. With no more enemies, the Vong come and invade in Episode 8. In the credits, or possibly the first scene, it will show Luke and Mara's wedding. Then the events of the story will take place, and I'm not sure if this takes place in Vector Prime, but Chewie will die by the end.

Episode 9-The NJO Conclusion-It will begin with the part of the series when Han is in exile after Chewie's death, and the rest of the series will quickly take place before your eyes. Planets will die, and I think the New Republic crumbles(haven't read them though). Then will come Traitor. From the title and what I've heard, apparently there will be a New Republic traitor. Bad things will happen, but by the end, our heroes(what's left of them) will prevail.

Now this may seem condensed, so it could be feasible that there are two trilogies, with the first including three of these:the Thrawn trilogy, the Children of the Jedi trilogy, the Corellian trilogy, the two Thrawn sequel books, or The Courtship of Princess Leia. Those could be considered the most pivotal of the earlier books. If I forgot any, please tell me.
Then the second trilogy would be the NJO trilogy, with Vector Prime first, Traitor second, and the last book third. It seems that Traitor may be the most emotional yet, from what I've heard. Also, Star by Star could be done, maybe one that is a combination of a few, since most of those books happen at the same time, and the entire series is essentially in one year, from what I understand.

Jediknight760071
06-19-2002, 07:10 PM
What?! A cartoon?!
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[ 06-19-2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Jediknight760071 ]

EUCustomMan
06-20-2002, 12:29 AM
I've always thought the NJO would make a good cartoon series...kind of like robotect. keep the adult type stories just cut out the blood. the batman beyond style of drawing would look good.

EUCM