PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to read the AOTC novelization???

NeoJediChef
04-29-2002, 02:05 PM
I purchased the Attack of the Clones novel last week but do not plan to read it until after I have seen the movie. So, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is reading or plans to read the novel before they see the movie?

04-29-2002, 04:04 PM
i bought the book too but i don't plan on reading it until episode II...

gypsyforce
04-29-2002, 11:26 PM
I bought it too. But, I haven't began to read it yet.

Matt_Fury
04-30-2002, 12:41 AM
I'll probably get it and read it after I see the movie. Like I did with the Episode 1 novel.

Guardian_Jedi_Knight
04-30-2002, 12:51 AM
Yes...I purchased on 23rd....Never thought I would but I did.......Books usually have storyline connectors in them that the movies don't or added scenes not in the Movie...Cannot wait to see the Movie.......you can't Really read a lightsaber battle or feel the characters emotions......just feel I can soak it all in better after reading.....oh and Yes it is Awesome!!!

04-30-2002, 07:08 AM
I'm with the majority ~ bought it on the 23rd but won't read it until after I've seen the movie images/icons/smile.gif

SnTrooper
04-30-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm going to do the same thing that I did with E1 I'm going to wait for a time when I'm either waiting for the next NJO book to come out or if I just can't find the next one I need.

Willy_Wampa
04-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Guess I'm in the minority, I've bought and read the book...partly because I like the opportunity to imagine things my way before going to a film and partly because surfing various boards had already given away much of the plot.

All I'll say is for a novelization, the book is a solid, real written read. Salvatore was allowed to expand on the script, so there are scenes in the novel you won't see in the film.

Sprry75
05-01-2002, 11:10 PM
I bought it on Saturday ($11.99 at a Smith's Food King!!!) and polished it off Monday night. As far as movie books, especially Star Wars books for that matter, go, I really enjoyed it.

I usually hate about 85% of the books, but I read 'em anyway. I generally have liked all of the novelizations the best, and I think that this is probably the most fun I've had reading one, and it is the only one I've read before seeing the movie. I read the Episode I novelization when it hit paperback, and I'd already seen the movie about a dozen times. I wished I'd read it before seeing the movie, since it did such a good job of fleshing out the characters and their relationships--something totally lacking in the movie.

For Episode II, I read the screenplay when it hit the web a few weeks ago, so I pretty much knew what was going on. But I really enjoyed getting a little more backstory, especially for the Lars and Naberrie families. Plus, the book contained a few nice surprises. Like [SPOILER WARNING!]
Anakin hearing Qui-Gon's voice before taking out the Tusken Raider village?!? If that's in the movie, I will freak out. That was cool.

No regrets.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-02-2002, 11:24 AM
the adaption of the first one wasn't so hot. It added weird things and didn't added deleted stuff from the film.

The old movie adaption were better. Especially the original ANH and ROTJ (heh who knew jabba had hair but it fell out because of disease?)

bwing
05-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Bought it on the 23rd - will read it after I see the movie.