PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Gamer

03-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but SW Gamer is being suspended !! At this point, it's being determined if any further issues will be printed...this really sucks because even though I really don't play any games, the magazine is great, with the visuals, short stories, descriptions of aliens and technology...this would be a great loss, hopefully they decide to give it another chance

rmschneider104
03-19-2002, 02:41 PM
I, too, had heard this bad news. I subscribed as soon as I heard about it, even though I do not play the RPG. The magazine has been of high quality and have had some great material in it. I love how they cover all of the various games (console, card, RPG, etc) and that it has included a few good pack ins here and there.

I hope issue #10 isn't the last.

DarthNader
03-22-2002, 12:32 AM
I, too, will join the chorus of non-RPG-ers lamenting the loss of this magazine. I found it to be quite informative on the Star Wars universe. It's gotten to where I enjoy getting a new issue of SWGamer in my mailbox even more than the Insider.

This is awful news, especially since Episode II would probably give it the sales boost it needs.

JesseJames
03-22-2002, 06:18 AM
Me too, I'm pretty disappointed.

It's a real shame the mag didn't get support from fans. It's 10x the magazine Insider SHOULD be.

The website that correlated with the mag's out as well. It's offline as of this past week.