PDA

View Full Version : Vintage re-prints!

Dax
10-16-2001, 01:35 AM
Woo-hoo... I just heard that Dark Horse are going to re-print all 107 issues of the vintage Marvel comics in large collections! Cool! http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/10/news20011015.html

I've been wanting to read the old stories for a while now as I vaguely remember a lot of them from my childhood. Unfortunately, I didn't really want them as a collectible, just to read and I wasn't prepared to pay collectible prices for them.

Now I'll be able to get them and hopefully at a great price. It appears as though they will be reprinted in black and white so we'll miss out on those cheesy lime green colors but hopefully that will keep production costs down and make things cheaper for me. It'll also be interesting to see the artwork in a black and white style and see how clear and good the original inking was in the first place.

Anyone else out there looking forward to these sets or am I all alone here?

Dax

rmschneider104
10-16-2001, 04:37 AM
Dax,

While I think it is a cool idea for DH to reprint the old Marvel series, I'll be passing on them. I saved all of my childhood SW comics and finished putting together the run in the late 1980s, so I have no need for them.

I may check them out once they hit retail to see how DH did with them, but I won't be buying. I agree that it is a great way to get the old comics out in an affordable way for the casual reader or completist. Now everyone will have the chance to see just how campy the series was!

Rob

10-16-2001, 04:53 PM
It won't affect me. I picked up a complete run at an auction back in May, so I have no interest in the reprints.

Todd4LOM
10-16-2001, 08:20 PM
I prefer having the stories in trade form whenever possible so I'm excited about the news.

PodRacer_X
10-17-2001, 05:45 AM
I'll be picking them up, too. Great news!

Darthmatthew
10-17-2001, 10:58 AM
I'd rather have seen then released as they were originaly. In comic form once a month. I just prefer comics to TPB's. Still its better than nothing. I hope they are going to re-release the UK version as well as that had compleatly different stories in it rather than being a re-print of the US comics.