PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else happy Jedi vs Sith is over?

rmschneider104
09-25-2001, 06:23 AM
Well, issue #6 of Dark Horse's Jedi vs Sith came out last week. I am very happy to have this storyline done and over with.

Anyone else feel this way?

I appreciate Dark Horse's efforts to "widen" the Star Wars universe, but it just didn't come off successfully for me. The characters weren't all that interesting (I even found that I wasn't all that interested in Bane by I got the last 2 or 3 issues), the storyline seemed out of line for the SW universe, and the art was just okay.

09-25-2001, 11:39 AM
Based on your description it sounds like it fits perfectly in with the Tales of the Jedi series. Uninteresting, boring characters, Has almost nothing to do with SAtar Wars or what we like about Star Wars.

I only looked through the first few issues. It looked horrible. But the clincher for how horrible it was was when that elven "Jedi" showed up in the Peter Pan ship.

coeli
09-25-2001, 02:40 PM
I wasn't very happy with it either. When you have a title as spectacular as "Jedi vs Sith" you really expect something. I didn't like the artwork, the story was just sorta there and what the heck were those green furry things!!?? I think darkhorse has rebounded though with the new Darkness series, this one is gonna be awesome, just like Twilight!

bobafett14
09-25-2001, 05:34 PM
I collect ALL of the SW comics, and I have to agree this wasn't one of my favorites, however, this was the only series my fiance has ever read(with the exception of the SW tales that had the "woman jedi vs. vader" stories.

She loved it. I think because it had kids, and cute furry things.

I too couldn't figure out the "flying ship" god what are people thinking when they write this stuff.(they actually get paid to come up with these stupid ideas)

PodRacer_X
09-28-2001, 08:00 AM
I was disapointed because Darko Macan, the writer of Jedi vs. Sith, wrote two of the best comic book stories I've ever read in Grendel Tales years ago. JVS, though, had a mood and atmosphere so out of place for "Star Wars" that I never got into this story. His writing is really good, just not suited for Star Wars, I think.

The_Man_with_No_Name
09-29-2001, 07:35 AM
This was terrible ... nowhere near the epic quality it should have had. The story with Tomcat & Bug occupied far too much of the comic, considering neither of them had any effect on anything by the end of the story. And why didn't Tomcat die from the Force Bomb ... he still had Force abilities.
I did like the bit with Rain, though, and liked her becoming Bane's apprentice at the end. Especially over Githany, who would have stabbed Bane in the back when she could. No, Bane needed someone young, fresh and open-minded that he could teach from scratch and get her used to the rule of two.

Lord Farfalla and his entourage were a joke. A bunch of fantasy rejects. Yes, SW is often referred to as science-fantasy, but that's because of story elements, not visuals. C'mon ... a satyr and a harpy Jedi appear on a big galleon-starship?!?! Puhleaze!!!

And the Jedi and Sith didn't seem in character, except the one Jedi who originally got the kids and died in the first issue, I liked him, and that he used his staff to fight instead of his saber unless the situation was really serious. Didn't he say something like: using a lightsaber doesn't make you a Jedi.

And I don't think the Sith would agree to killing themselves by the Thought Bomb just to wipe out the Jedi ... kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Anyway, if you've read this and were thinking about buying the trade paperback ... don't!!

Ace_Two
10-01-2001, 11:41 PM
I, for one, enjoyed it.

I also thought that the ending with Darth Bane and Rain made up for anything weak in the other issues.

I do agree that the boat with the "Centaur-like" jedi may have been odd, but if memory serves me correctly, I also recall a certain "wolfman" in the cantina images/icons/wink.gif.

10-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Oh I have no problem with a Wolfman, that is concievable in a universe with a giant walking carpet called a Wookie and teddy bears wearing hoods. I have no problem with a satyr, or a a minotaurian, or a medusan its just the way it was all handled. And a giant Seaship space ship was just silly.

Inigo_Montoya
10-27-2001, 09:59 PM
Jedi vs. Sith is the only series I've taken the time to collect every issue. I wasn't expecting just about every single character to die. As for the boat, and Harpies, 'n stuff, I liked 'em. I would have liked to have seen some total carnage, though. Like skull meltin', and gorier limb removal. But it was cool, and I'd like to see how Rain's training comes along in a future series. images/icons/smile.gif