PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars comic art...

Scott_Matthews
09-02-2001, 05:13 PM
Hi all. This is my first post in this section http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/tongue.gif

Do any of you happen to collect original Star Wars art from Marvel or Dark Horse books? I've been doing so for just over a year now.

It's actually quite rewarding (if you like the art that is), and one can find some great deals. It seems the vast majority of art collectors are interested in the mainstream titles and more renowned, established artists.

Scott

09-04-2001, 04:57 PM
Welcome, Scott http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Can't say I collect any of the art, unless you count two posters from the fan club as 'art'! But if you care to share a pic or two, that would be cool.

------------------
CSW Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com

Scott_Matthews
09-04-2001, 06:10 PM
Hi LadySith.

Well, I finally got a digital camera last week through work. I'll post a couple pictures as soon as I figure out how to use it http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Scott

09-11-2001, 10:13 PM
Heyo Scottie,

I'm a Marvel SW comic collector myself and my best advice is to start rummaging through all the comic stores hoping for a good find, some conventions and Ebay. Just last year i found myself a mint copy of #107 ($90.00 shop retail) for $25.00.

You just have to look long and hard and you will find what you're looking for. images/icons/cool.gif

bobafett14
09-18-2001, 05:28 PM
Believe me I'm tryin to! I've been to a few auctions, and this stuff aint easy (or chaep) to get.

I'm begging to get original art for one of the comic covers, so I can frame em side by side.

Time will tell.

Scott_Matthews
09-18-2001, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobafett14:
I'm begging to get original art for one of the comic covers, so I can frame em side by side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey bobafett14.

That would be great! I have the original separation sheets (cover proof) for the cool Dark Lords of the Sith book (Issue 2). I can't afford any of the original cover art myself. If you want the information, I know where to acquire the covers to Emissaries to Malastare. Unfortunately, each piece is being sold for $4,000+...

I have some sample photos of my art now. It only took me two weeks to figure out the camera images/icons/tongue.gif Can anyone host them for me so I can post them here? Thanks.

Scott

mousedroid
09-20-2001, 01:06 PM
I've only got one piece of SW comics original art - Tim Truman's pencil prelims for issue... um... 16, I think of the Dark Horse series... I can't remember just now.

I'd love to get a killer piece from the Marvel series. All I've seen on eBay are some uninteresting pages from the later issues and one realy sweet page from the issue Michael Golden pencilled. Needless to say, the Golden page was waaaaaay out of my price range.

bobafett14
09-20-2001, 05:51 PM
Yea, thats about $3,800 more than I want to spend right now.

And as for you mousedroid, thats the piece you outbid me on at the Pgh. comicon, huh, wasn't it? ;^)

mousedroid
09-21-2001, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobafett14:
And as for you mousedroid, thats the piece you outbid me on at the Pgh. comicon, huh, wasn't it? ;^)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that you??? Geez, if only I'd known. images/icons/wink.gif

09-22-2001, 07:09 PM
I buy what ever little orignal star wars comics i can find. MOst of the stories are a little lame but the cover art is pretty good.

I have:

43-57( that includes the ESB comic series)

I got 44 Signed by Anthony Danials. images/icons/grin.gif

images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif