PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Infinities #2!

Matt_Fury
06-03-2001, 06:38 PM
Just read on the darkhorse web site that the new issue is due out this week (published June 6th). Can't wait because it sounds pretty cool...and the cover's awesome!

ONe down side is that the way they are advertsing this, it seems to only be a 4 part series....I was hoping it could be a ontinuous title with 2, 3, or 4 consecutive issues dedicated to a single story arc. Hopefully I'm wrong.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

06-04-2001, 08:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattFuy:
ONe down side is that the way they are advertsing this, it seems to only be a 4 part series....I was hoping it could be a ontinuous title with 2, 3, or 4 consecutive issues dedicated to a single story arc. Hopefully I'm wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost all of Dark Horse's Star Wars story arcs are 4 parts. Then they move on to another story. I bet that is what happens here. After part 4 of 4, they will start another 4 part story. Something like "What if Ben killed Vader in ANH?" It would run for 4 issues. Then they would do something like "What if Qui-Gon defeats Maul and and teaches Anakin the Force" It would run for 4 issues. Then they would come up with something like "What if Luke and Leia got intimate before they learned they were related?" While a big seller in Arkansas, it would run for 4 issues. Its just Dark Horse's "Star Wars formula".

06-04-2001, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jediseely:
Then they would come up with something like "What if Luke and Leia got intimate before they learned they were related?" While a big seller in Arkansas, it would run for 4 issues.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

------------------
BHC Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com

[This message has been edited by LadySith (edited 06-04-2001).]

Matt_Fury
06-04-2001, 06:40 PM
I don't mind....it's a good formula...as long as the infinities line does not end after issue #4.

Personally, I hope they stay away from that Albamaesque story line though! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

Wntermute
06-04-2001, 10:31 PM
Actually, the way they have it set up appears kinda like the "Tales Of The Jedi" collection. That's just a collection title, but the story arc is "A New Hope", of which the new comic is #2 out of 4.

I'm guessing there may be an "Empire Strikes Back" or "Return Of The Jedi" story arc in "Infinities".. though I doubt those actual titles will be used since they refer mainly to turning points of the main timeline. I mean, why would the Empire have to strike back if the DS1 wasn't destroyed in the first place?

rmschneider104
06-05-2001, 04:19 AM
I, too, was hoping that there would be further "what if" stories of ESB and ROTJ as well. I'm sure DH is looking at the sales of this storyline before deciding on further arcs. It would be cool, though. I love the fresh perspective.

mousedroid
06-05-2001, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wntermute:
I'm guessing there may be an "Empire Strikes Back" or "Return Of The Jedi" story arc in "Infinities".. though I doubt those actual titles will be used since they refer mainly to turning points of the main timeline. I mean, why would the Empire have to strike back if the DS1 wasn't destroyed in the first place?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I read in an interview with the writer that he was going to do individual take-offs of key points in the saga. I took that to mean that we'd see individual story arcs like "ANH: What if Luke failed to destroy DS1?", "ESB: What if Luke stayed on Dagobah to complete his training?" or "ROTJ: What if Leia didn't get rescued and learned to love Jabba?"

06-07-2001, 02:50 PM
well I just read #2 and all I can say is...AWESOME! I really wasn't to keen on getting this book at first but damn I'm sure glad I did. I really dig Leia wearing that imperial outfit she looks HOT http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif. In the begining of the book there is another "what if" type scenerio, what if luke HAD wasted han? ******* book all around, can't wait for the next one!

------------------
Hi!, I'm Master Quinlan and you might remember me from such films as "Scalpers, we don't need their scum!" and "Scalpers and soap, a leathal combination"

rmschneider104
06-08-2001, 02:46 PM
I, too, liked issue #2 better. It had lots of cool twists... Han, Chewie, the Falcon going to Dagobah, Leia being treated so well by the Empire, and the final page. Gotta love the final image of #2!

bobafett14
06-08-2001, 06:22 PM
Yep, much better than #1, somewhat less predictable. Looks like this is shaping up to be a pretty good series. I really like the uniform Leia has on. I'm sensing a Leia/Luke battle in #4.

Todd4LOM
06-08-2001, 09:46 PM
Han and Chewie on Dagobah, AWESOME!!

While I like the overall storyline of Infinities so far, I think some of the dialogue this ish needs work. In particular, the scene in Yoda's hut, it doesn't have the polish of some of the other titles. I'm not impressed with the art either, especially the way Luke and Chewbacca are drawn. (I'm sure someone will say I couldn't do better, but let me say that I'm a Graphic design/ Computer Animation student and I could).

Otherwise, I was happy with this issue, and hope the Infinities comics keep coming!

_Spirit_of_
06-22-2001, 08:24 PM
Better late then never I guess? I FINALLY got my copy of #2 today. All the points above I agree with. I especially liked the Falcon on Dagobah and Han having to tell Luke that Yoda was Yoda ("It takes a con to know a con, kid"). I'm a little disappointed that Tarkin wasn't in the second issue at all. I wanted to see Tarkin and The Emperor interacting a little. I also feel the story is being rushed just a tad. This series could really benefit from some bigger issues or maybe a break in the formula and make it a 6 issue series. Two issues down and we're basically at the halfway point of ESB? I need more plot!

As far as future issues go, how's about, "What if Boba Fett hadn't captured Han and Leia?" or "What if the attack on the DS 2 had failed?"

------------------
"If your going to play with your Skiff, please, use a Skiff Guard."

~Spirit-of~
Moderator for EP1 Forums/Bouncer for Wuher's Cantina
SpiritOf@collectstarwars.com

[This message has been edited by ~Spirit-of~ (edited 06-22-2001).]