PDA

View Full Version : Infinities #1 out?

rmschneider104
05-09-2001, 04:25 AM
Does anyone know if Infinities #1 come out this week?

05-09-2001, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rmschneider104:
Does anyone know if Infinities #1 come out this week? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!!! I picked this up today and read it even before I left the comic shop. I then reread it when I got home, and I was so excited that my wife even read it (her first comic ever).

Anywho, its out!! Its Awesome!! I've been looking forward to a SW What IF? series for 15-20 years. My imagination in print.... http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

bobafett14
05-09-2001, 04:59 PM
Just bought it today. I already knew what it was going to be about, so I wasn't all that thrilled w/ issue #1(just sets the stage). I'm excited to see what happens here on out!

rmschneider104
05-09-2001, 07:39 PM
Cool. Thanks for the update guys. Guess I need to make a comic run in the next day or so.

Are there variant covers or just one?

bobafett14
05-10-2001, 03:38 PM
I just saw 1.

rmschneider104
05-10-2001, 07:09 PM
Thank, bf14.

05-17-2001, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I have it too, basically it was a book that sets the stage, nothing really of interest, the whole book could have been summed up in a prologue....but it looks promising.

------------------
You weren't on any MERCY mission this time.

mousedroid
05-18-2001, 07:47 AM
Potential SPOILER for those who haven't read this book yet...
Do you who have read issue #1 think that the teaser picture for next issue is:

1)Two enemies dueling
2)Master and apprentice sparring?

I'm thinking 1), but hoping 2).

05-18-2001, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mousedroid:
Potential SPOILER for those who haven't read this book yet...
Do you who have read issue #1 think that the teaser picture for next issue is:

1)Two enemies dueling
2)Master and apprentice sparring?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd bet the farm on #2. I think I read that somewhere (Wizard??)

_Spirit_of_
05-18-2001, 04:22 PM
I just got my copy (snail mail) today and really enjoyed it. The one thing I never really put into consideration was the whole fact that Tarkin is still alive. I'm looking forward to some Tarkin/Emperor interaction in future issues.

As far as the issue two spoilers go, I think that Leia is definately the apprentice. I think Vader will sense her abilities and start her dark side Jedi training. She is mentally weak after the destruction of Yavin and the Rebellion, so she's ripe for manipulation. Will we be seeing a Leia vs Luke duel at the end, only to have it turn into a Vader/Palpatine vs Leia/Luke duel instead? What I'm really wondering is, how will Luke get to Dagobah and train to be a Jedi and what will happen to Han, Chewie, R2 and C3-P0? Will they all go to Dagobah with Luke or will Han and Chewie try and rally another army (Lando, Mon Calmari, maybe even get Jabba's help?) for another attack run on the Death Star? When will Luke find out about Vader being his father?!?

This is the only SW comic I'm collecting currently and it's the most fun I've had reading a SW comic in a long time http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif. Can't wait for future issues. Does anyone else think this storyline (or a varient) would make for a damn fine novel? It would be nice to read this story with a little bit more in depth details thrown in, IMHO.

------------------
"This is my life,
this is my right.
I'll make it what I want to,
I'll stay and I'll fight." -Burnie; Midnight Oil

~Spirit-of~
Moderator for EP1 Forums/Bouncer for Wuher's Cantina
SpiritOf@collectstarwars.com

The_Man_with_No_Name
05-18-2001, 07:15 PM
I think this concept is great, and about time someone did a "What If?" story.

I liked how Luke showed his "dark side" after he thought Leia had been killed by just going berserk in his X-Wing vs. the TIEs. I hope they play that up a little and keep him susceptible to the Dark Side. After all, he lost a lot in the movie, but the success of destroying the DS, joining the Alliance, and his crush on Leia was able to buffer a lot of the negative stuff he had happen. Now, there's nothing to really protect him emotionally from: loss of Ben, loss of uncle/aunt, loss of home, loss of battle, loss of Leia, etc.

Who knows, maybe by the time this is over, we'll see both Luke and Leia turned.

05-21-2001, 03:13 PM
Way to go, guys, now you've really done it. *I* have actually purchased a comic book!! And ~~ I READ it! What an intriguing idea, an alternate time line. I really enjoyed this, and look forward to the rest. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

r.e. the teaser, Sith/Apprentice didn't even enter my mind when I saw it, but I can now see the possibility.

------------------
BHC Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com

_Spirit_of_
05-21-2001, 04:19 PM
Lady Sith, Not that I'm trying to tempted you onto the comics world http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif, but you might want to check out the Darth Maul mini series that just wrapped up a couple of months ago. You should be able to pick up a collected version that is cheaper, and probably easier to find. I enjoyed this story also and it's got some really nice artwork, IMHO. It's a pre-EP1 story about Maul versus The Black Sun and I thought it was a hoot (this is coming from a heavy comic book reader who really doesn't like SW comic books http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif ).

mousedroid
05-22-2001, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Spirit-of~:
Will we be seeing a Leia vs Luke duel at the end, only to have it turn into a Vader/Palpatine vs Leia/Luke duel instead?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope not. I hope they don't cop out and go for the "happy ending." I am hoping for Darth Leia. Hmmmm, what would be a good name for a female Sith?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> What I'm really wondering is, how will Luke get to Dagobah and train to be a Jedi...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben could still contact Luke and send him to Dagobah at any time.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Will (Han, Chewie, R2 and C3-P0) all go to Dagobah with Luke or will Han and Chewie try and rally another army (Lando, Mon Calmari, maybe even get Jabba's help?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Threepio won't, he was with Leia. R2 probably will. Interesting question on what Han & Chewie will do since as far as they know, the rebellion is toast. They'd probably go back to work for Jabba, and maybe fight the Empire as pirates, similar to Talon Carde in the Heir to the Empire books.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When will Luke find out about Vader being his father?!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will Vader find out Leia is his daughter?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Does anyone else think this storyline (or a varient) would make for a damn fine novel? It would be nice to read this story with a little bit more in depth details thrown in, IMHO.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely!

[This message has been edited by mousedroid (edited 05-22-2001).]

rmschneider104
05-29-2001, 01:32 PM
I finally got my copy of Infinities #1. A nice start of the series. It did provide a pleasant change from the norm. It will be interesting to see how the storyline goes.

And to top it off, Uatu, the Watcher was no where to be found. Hee hee.