PDA

View Full Version : Leave them alone..

troyig88
04-26-2001, 04:28 AM
do you think Han an Luke an Leia will die? I don't read these books but I do think they are a good idea better an the Emperor coming back a 100 times. Han, Luke an leia are not THAT old as I heard some people say. I am glad they bring new people in to write about but I just hope they leave the trio alone an let the children handle business. what do you think?

rmschneider104
04-26-2001, 07:05 PM
I really doubt they are going to knock off Han, Leia, or Luke. Yes, the death of Chewie was a bold step, but it did set the tone for the NJO books. I just cannot see them killing any of the main three. Sure, it might generate some initial interest, but I tend to think that it would alienate the fans in the long run. Yes, having the offspring Jedi running around saving the galaxy is a better idea. In fact, "Conquest" is just about exclusive to Anakin. And a good read, in my opinion.

Dark_Jedi
04-27-2001, 02:57 PM
I think they should all die! Why should they live? Luke is not a real Jedi Master. He is self-appointed. He is turning into a big wuss. Leia, is doing what anymore? Feeling jealous about Jaina? She isn't even a real Jedi. No one respects her anymore. Han? He is just a whinner now. My friend Chewy died, waaaaaa. Maybe we should give him a crying towel. Not to mention a big drunk now! They all serve no purpose anymore. Let's start a petition to kill them off!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dark Jedi (edited 04-27-2001).]

EUCustomMan
04-27-2001, 03:11 PM
You go DARK JEDI!
In with the new out with the old. I'm sick of luke, Leia & Han. Let's see the kids(real jedi) get more story lines.
Leia never dose anything but whine anyways!
OLD people suck!

04-27-2001, 03:46 PM
I think public executions on Coruscant by the Vong after they conquer it would be great!!!

rmschneider104
04-27-2001, 06:12 PM
Oh maybe it wouldn't alienate the fans...

troyig88
04-28-2001, 08:25 AM
It would pi$$ me off so bad I would get rid of it all an never look back maybe that #$^@% mother Lucas should die. mother@#$%%!!!

Matt_Fury
04-28-2001, 03:06 PM
I doubt you'd see Han, Luke or Leia be killed off...as a matter of fact, the NJO books have allowed for some great potential character growth.

Luke and Mara are expecting their first child. As well as Luke is trying to keep the Jedi united and keep them from following Kyp's path which will ultimately lead to the darkside.

Leia is starting to regret past decisions of leaving her Jedi training behind.

Han has the most potential of all....the loss of his best friend. I have some personal experience on this, and even though he's a fictional character...I feel for the guy!

Granted...one of the best areas for character growth are the Solo kids...and the NJO has practically put them on the center stage. This series is becoming a passing of the torch for these characters...and I'm all for it...but I don't think I'd like it too much if they killed off any of the other big characters....unless they did it in a cool way.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

EUCustomMan
04-28-2001, 05:58 PM
I think they should just kill everyone! Start from scratch. They should introduce some new technology like phasers, transporters, replicaters & Klingons.
Wouldn't that be soooooooo Cool?

Dark_Jedi
04-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Don't forget those cute fuzzy things......no, not EWOKS! TRIBBELS!!!

Todd_F
04-28-2001, 09:44 PM
Mmmm! Such hostility. Such bitterness.

Look how great of a death Kirk got (my vote for worst Trek movie) just because someone felt the only way to ring in the new was to KILL the old! Sometimes people just fade quietly into retirement without going out in a blaze of glory or some kind of ultimate sacrifice scenario. Well, at least in REAL life anyway. Go ahead and kill 'em off! It will be one of the biggest mistakes the license ever makes!

------------------
"Two cycles have come and gone," Vua Rapuung growled, a few moments later. His features were hollow in the violet glow. "Your abominable weapon works, it seems. Are we done with skulking? May we at last embrace our foes?"
"You embrace them," Anakin said. "I'm going to knock them down. Your shapers want Jedi? One is coming to them."

05-26-2001, 10:53 PM
the Clone Emperor should come back defeate the Vong and kill all the rebels and "Jedi" (and get a doctor who dosen't poisen him or his clones) and remnake a new Empire with the Sith instead of the Jedi. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

Todd4LOM
06-08-2001, 10:30 PM
Kill them, or at least one of them. They can still write books that take place prior to NJO. I haven't been reading the new books, is Mara still sick?

troyig88
06-09-2001, 11:03 AM
those f#$^ing $^^$&&%& killed chewbacca death to GL.