PDA

View Full Version : selling vintage comics

04-06-2001, 05:26 AM
Would anyone have advice on selling and valueing the first two vintage marvel Star Wars comics from 77/78? I'm finally looking at the collectibles I've had sitting in a (very organized!) drawer in my parents house for 22 years and have decided that I would rather see what I have in the hands of true collectors than in my old drawer! I'm lucky since I was 12/13 when the movie came out and I kept everything I got my hands on (mostly books, articles, posters, paper memorabilia)and treated it with care. Any thoughts on the best way to value some of these items? I know for figures (the only ones I have are the EB set) the best place to sell seems to be Ebay -- but what about comics, or the first books issued (I have the first 3) I also have the original Rolling Stones magazine from that period with the original cast on the cover. As well as the sketch book, the art of SW, things of that nature, The first few fan club magazines that turned into posters, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'm trying to get a sense on how best to value these items as well as where it's best to sell them http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

mousedroid
04-08-2001, 06:40 AM
Your best bet on the comics is to check out the latest edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide at your local bookstore. It will give you some idea how to estimate the grade of the books too.

As for the other stuff, look for books on Star Wars collectibles while you are in the Collectibles section of the bookstore. These books don't get updated often, so the best you'll probably do is find something from 1998 or 1999, but they should give you a reasonable idea of what the item is worth. Keep in mind that most price guides list prices for MINT condition collectibles, and anything in less than MINT condition will fetch a considerably lower price.

04-08-2001, 08:12 AM
For your books, you could try searching the amazon.com and bn.com (Barnes and Noble) websites under the 'Rare and out-of-print' category. I've done this in search of that elusive original Star Wars From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker 1976 hardcover (non- book club) version; you can compare yours with the versions and conditions listed there.

------------------
BHC Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com