PDA

View Full Version : Encyclopedia of the Star Wars Universe question...

mousedroid
03-22-2001, 04:39 AM
I was thinking of buying this book, but I had a question for anyone who might already have it. This is the 354 page hardcover book I am talking about. When I did at search for it on the computer at Borders last night, I noticed that there are several editions. The earliest one I saw (and apparently the easiest for Borders to get) is from June of 1998. There was also an edition published in October of 1999. My questions is, does the October of '99 edition have info on EP1 characters and technology, or is it just a later printing of the '98 version? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by mousedroid (edited 03-22-2001).]

rmschneider104
03-22-2001, 07:00 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe that it is just a new printing. I have never heard of the Encyclopedia having updated materials for Episode I.

I have the book and would recommend it. Not something you will read all the time, but a great reference book.

03-22-2001, 11:44 AM
Mine is also the 1998 edition. I can't comment on the 1999 printing as I haven't seen one, or heard anyone mentioned about it.

I would highly recommend it as it is one of the best Star Wars reference books in my collections. Full of color pictures and illustrations. It also includes a lot of EU stuffs (prior to its printing).

Sprry75
04-02-2001, 08:29 PM
I have the 1998 version, and while it does have some cool stuff, I can't help but think that if you're patient, there will be a much more definitive editon to be released after Episode III. I wouldn't have the 1998 one for that very reason, but I got it as a gift. If you can get it for under $20, I'd do it, but otherwise, I think I would wait.