PDA

View Full Version : how long will the NJO go on?

troyig88
02-15-2001, 12:20 PM
I was wondering when will sw come to an end? Don't get me wrong I am a fan but i hate the idea that chewie is dead. Could he come back? Is this GL's SW or just the movies? I once heard that he won't allow any stories after 30 years after ROTJ. I know it makes the stories better not knowing what going to happen but i just hate they killed a classic wookiee. I grew up with them.

02-15-2001, 10:57 PM
Supposedly Lucas approves everything that has the Star Wars logo on it, or Lucasfilm anyway. As far as Chewbacca coming back, I was hoping that Han would be so upset, that he would take some of Chewies hair (a point was made that Chewie kept putting on Hans hat and it was full of hair...I forget which book though) and get ahold of a cloning tank and tadaa new Chewie (unfortuntly, we all know clones are highly unstable and a wookie clone would do a lot of damage, so ..oh well. I miss Chewie though http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

Boba_Binks
02-16-2001, 11:50 AM
From what I have heard there is one more NJO book coming out this year. April I think!
It will be the last of the series due to the book company wanting to focus on Pre-Episode 2 material.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

02-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Actually, Boba, the one in April is the first of a duology, with the other due in August. A new duology will begin in October...and yet, only one pre-E2 in that time? It's odd because I heard the exact thing you did. Go figure http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

And yes, at some point NJO *will* end; Del-Rey has a pre-determined story arc. I don't know when that will be though.
------------------
BHC Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com

[This message has been edited by LadySith (edited 02-16-2001).]