PDA

View Full Version : favorite Tales of.... stories

01-12-2001, 04:32 PM
I picked up Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Jabbas Palace, and the Cantina books, and was wondering how you guys felt about the stories. I really liked some of them (IG-88, Kabe and Muftak, Malaki) and didn' like others (Greedo, 4 Lom and Zuckuss). What tales did you like/dislike?

Log
01-12-2001, 05:09 PM
Currently, of the Star Wars books I own the only Tales book I have is Tales From The Empire which is a pretty good IMO.

However, it's Tales of The Bounty Hunters that I REALLY dig.

Just might make a book run this weekend...

------------------
"Hey you! Get off my lawn!"

The_Man_with_No_Name
01-13-2001, 08:32 AM
Let's see, favorite stories off the top of my head:

The Fett story from the Jabba's Palace book.
Last Man Standing Fett story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

One of my least favorite:
IG-88's story in Tales of Bounty Hunters. I mean, he becomes the Death Star's "brain"????? http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/confused.gif http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/mad.gif

Yea, right.

GrahamILTC
01-21-2001, 07:00 AM
Personally, I HATE the Fett story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. I think it trie to tell fett's whole life story in a short story. I find most of the story in that book dull, and I agree about IG-88.
I've not read Jabba's Palace or Empire, but Mos eisley Cantina was overall dull, but Tales of teh Empire was wicked.
No Disintegrations Please has to be one of the ebst shotrty stories ever. That was how Boba fett should be, not the crap from Tales of the BH.

------------------
"If Villie ever get mixed up with fish faces again, Villie kill himself"

01-21-2001, 12:01 PM
I personnaly think the Boba Fett stories form Tales of the Bounty Hunters and Tales of Jabbas Palace sucked. I hate the way EU is trying to make Fett look noble. I haven't read the story from Tales of the Empire yet, I'll have to check it out.

01-21-2001, 05:58 PM
I liked the noble Fett, I think it made for a more interesting character. I think you would like the Fett from Tales from the New Republic: he's rather impersonal. My favorite short story would probably be the Cantina Band's story from Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantina.

The_Man_with_No_Name
01-22-2001, 07:39 PM
I kind of liked the "noble" Fett too, which is why I liked those stories. I think he's more interesting that way ... at least he has some dimension to him. As a contrast, K.W. Jeter's interpretation of Fett in the Bounty Hunter Wars was, IMO, flat, boring, dull, simple, ... very two-dimensional.

01-23-2001, 07:00 AM
I haven't replied to this yet because, although I know that Tales of the Empire was *really* good.....I can't remember any of the stories! Even when I pulled out the book. I really did not like Tales of the Bounty Hunters so I didn't chance Jabba's Palace or Mos Eisley Cantina....and I swear I had Tales of the New Republic but I can't find it http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif

------------------
BHC Moderator, Books and Comics
ladysith@collectstarwars.com

GrahamILTC
01-24-2001, 01:42 AM
I don't like the noble Fett- I think thwe whole idea of Fett is that we don't know his history, that we always want to know. I also dislike the stilted dialogue he is sometimes given (such as the comic one shots).
Personally, I think Fett's an action 'hero', and I like the Fett from the Bounty Hunter wars, Enemy of the Empire, TOTNew Republic etc. (Although one day I think he needs some closure).

------------------
"If Villie ever get mixed up with fish faces again, Villie kill himself"

mousedroid
01-26-2001, 09:23 AM
My favorite story from the "Tales" books is from "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and focuses on the Wee-Quays and their worship of the great Quay. Funny stuff. I remember very few other stories from TFJP, and even fewer from "Bounty Hunters" and "Mos Eisley Cantina". Those are the only "Tales" books I've read.