PDA

View Full Version : Broken Attakus Statue

madchimp
01-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Forum members, I need your help please. I just purchased the Salacious Crumb statue from Attakus (the version without the pipe). To my horror, I opened the sealed box to find out that his ear had the tip broken off. Fortunately, the piece was in the box. I have emailed Attakus for help, but have yet to hear anything back from them. If worse comes to worse, I suppose I can always fix it, but the piece is so blasted small!!
I was hoping you would have suggestions for what glue will work best on resin, and also any tips on how to apply the piece back on the statue (be it tweezers, how to hold it in place until the glue dries, etc.). Or even better, does anybody know of a place that actually is in the business of fixing/repairing resin statues? Thank you in advance for the tips.

BigDumbWookiee
01-17-2004, 02:50 PM
I'd get some two part epoxy, and mix just a small portion. Use something like a needle or toothpick and put a very tiny drop in the center of the broken piece, use some tweazers and try your best to hold it there till it dries. If its small it shouldnt take too long until the epoxy can hold it under its own strength. You would probably want to avoid superglue, because if you get any anywhere else, sometimes it turns a foggy white.

madchimp
01-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will try that and hope I don't screw anything up. LOL It's so nerve racking when you only really have one shot to get it right. Thanks again!

SPL
01-18-2004, 12:45 PM
If the broken piece is as small as you say it is, I would use super-glue instead. I find that epoxy works well when you are dealing with larger surfaces to be glued, on the other hand with smaller surfaces, pieces do not adhere that well and it also tends to be messy and hard to clean-up if it gets on unwanted areas. Put a drop of superglue on a piece of saran wrap and with a needle or toothpick apply the amount needed.

Drizzit
01-19-2004, 07:20 PM
I would try sending it back for a new one. You paid for a new unbroken one so why should you settle for a broken one? Chances are Attakus insured your package. I would file a claim. I don't think these things are sold out yet so you should be able to order another one. I had this happen to me, not from attakus direct, and I filed a claim and now my boba fett sits on the shelf unbroken and minty fresh. These things are expensive, demand perfection. Just the 2 cents of a fellow attakus collector.