PDA

View Full Version : New Attakus Vader Protype...WOW!

_DJ_
12-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Have you all seen this yet?

http://bitmap.attakus.fr/VADOR/VD1.jpg

Very nice..better start saving my pennies now.

Image says DO NOT COPY but it's from the main RS page, http://www.rebelscum.com/ so I guess it can't hurt to post it here.

What do you all think?

Me, I like it.

Forhekset
12-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Looks absolutely great to me. I like this pose even better than the pose the first statue was in, I think, cuz he has his sabre unsheathed. I never saw that original sketch or whatever, though.

I also don't see any problems with the sculpt itself, with his mask or his legs. Looks fine to me. Heck, I'd pay big bucks for a concept Vader statue, so if this thing does resemble the concept Vader in certain areas, it doesn't bother me anyhow. McQuarrie's concept Vader rules. Personally I don't see the similarities, though. You'd probably have a different impression if it were a painted sample, I bet.

JediKnight87
12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Looks cool but I don't have the bling bling right now. When is this coming out?

Gruson
12-01-2003, 04:28 PM
His mask is way off. The first post looks a lot better and more real. This is a let down for me, I really wanted the new pose to be the one with his arm out, from TESB.

His legs also look too far and I agree, it looks like the prototype Vader from the pre-production drawings.

I sure hope they fix it, as I really want to add this piece to my collection.

Cost will be over $400.

_DJ_
12-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Even if it is a little off, looks good.

Maybe this is the new Vader in the Attakus METAL line.

Can't recall if it said if it was or not.

SPL
12-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I don't think that this is from the Attakus cold cast bronze line but if it is the number of these available were to be limited to 250 if I am not mistaken. And I guess we would have to throw that $400 price line out the window. I believe that I have already seen a metal Yoda on ebay for a starting price of $1200.

PhantomShadow
12-02-2003, 01:11 AM
that looks great. Will beinteresting to see the final version all painted.
My only concern - the mask looks almost like ith did in concept drawings - as in pointy

Cmdr_Vigilant
12-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Price Range?? images/icons/shocked.gif

SPL
12-02-2003, 01:15 AM
I prefer the pose of the first version Attakus made of Vader over this one. The upper body is OK but what's up with the legs? And the helmet seems to be on the small side as well. I wish they had stuck with the original sketch that showed him in a ESB pose with his fist raised and lightsaber in the other hand. Now that would have rocked!

[ 12-01-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: sith prop lord ]

_DJ_
12-02-2003, 01:48 AM
Price Range? <font size="2" face="arial">I believe Attakus sells these for somewhere between $350 and $450, but I could be wrong. Might be less, might be more.

His mask is a bit pointy and his head looks small, but this is only a prototype, hope it gets better before the production run.

_DJ_
12-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Not sure if the new METAL line is going to be bronze or what.

I'll have to take a look at the Attakus site and see.

It's a supposed NEW line from them and not the same as the bronze from earlier.

Kris
12-02-2003, 10:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Par contre qu'en est il de ce premier dessin qui était prévu ? Pourquoi fut il abandonné ????
http://www.choosit.org/choosit/v3/user/PGFIRKA/S3793.JPG
<font size="2" face="arial">Refus du Ranch, sans plus d'explication</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">From the Attacus Forum

They dropped the schetch, because it was refused by the ranch (Skywalker Ranch) without any explication.

_DJ_
12-02-2003, 11:29 AM
That pose is OK, but a bit played out don't you think.

80% of Applause Vaders have it.

100% of Hasbros Unleashed Vaders have it.

Saga Bespin Vaders got it.

Shall I continue...... images/icons/wink.gif

Durge
01-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Painted Prototype:

http://bitmap.attakus.fr/VADOR/ved1.jpg

images/icons/shocked.gif

Farkenell
01-03-2004, 08:54 AM
I dont like it, I think it's because of the pose... Well it's not like I was going to buy it in the first place.

Durge
01-03-2004, 05:43 PM
What's wrong with the pose? I like it. Of course I won't be able to afford, but I still think it looks great.

Tyranusspotting
01-03-2004, 06:02 PM
It´s really awesome. This is Darth Vader only not that tall.
The mask also looks great. Resembles what he wore in ANH.

IndianaVader
01-03-2004, 07:58 PM
His helmet looks a bit off, kind of round. The pose could be a little better, a bit more neutral like the Bronze LE Vader, but other than that it looks pretty sweet.

Durge
01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
The helmet looks fine. I liked what they did with this piece. Maybe Gentle Giant will do something better than this. Definetely cheaper. images/icons/tongue.gif

_DJ_
01-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Durge:
The helmet looks fine. I liked what they did with this piece. Maybe Gentle Giant will do something better than this. Definetely cheaper. images/icons/tongue.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Looks great to me, but like you say, maybe GGS will do something similar or even better for cheaper.

Forhekset
01-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't get all the nitpicky comments, like the roundness of his helmet and whatnot, but at any rate it looks pretty good. However, the pose is kinda boring. It IS played out. He's just standing there with his sabre. If he were in some sort of dynamic pose, I might be more excited.

But as it is I think I'll wait and see what GG does (and there's a good chance they'll do a Vader statue, I would think) and buy that one at 1/3 or 1/4 the price of Attakus' Vader. And no, I don't care which one appreciates faster. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

_DJ_
01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
And no, I don't care which one appreciates faster! <font size="2" face="arial">

Well said Bro!

I know I don't buy these things for what they might be worth down the line, I buy them because I enjoy them.

Hence the urge to have a statue of similar quality produced by another company at a cheaper price.

C'mon GGS let's see what you got...... images/icons/grin.gif

Forhekset
01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
I really thought this thing looked great when I first saw it, and I was gonna save up my pennies for it...but somehow I'm just not that giddy about it anymore. The pose just looks kinda "blah". There's only so many ways you can do Vader til it gets tired, even for a Vader freak like myself.

You gotta figure GG will do a Vader since they're only doing a limited number of statues so far. I'll pass on GG's Vader too, though, if he isn't a little more exciting than this.

Farkenell
01-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Durge:
What's wrong with the pose? I like it. Of course I won't be able to afford, but I still think it looks great. <font size="2" face="arial">I dont know, there's just something to it that I dont like about... I think Forhekset got it, maybe its a bit too boring, it doesnt express the character. But everything else look great.

Forhekset
01-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Mos-Quito:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Durge:
What's wrong with the pose? I like it. Of course I won't be able to afford, but I still think it looks great. <font size="2" face="arial">I dont know, there's just something to it that I dont like about... I think Forhekset got it, maybe its a bit too boring, it doesnt express the character. But everything else look great. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I think the pose just doesn't have any "oomph" to it. Even the first Attakus Vader, which is the epitome of a neutral pose, is a little more intimidating somehow than this new version. For example, look at some of these other Vader items....

Cinemacast Vader: Sculpt isn't as good as some other statues, but it's a nice, dynamic pose.

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~carrollm/swcollection/vadercinemacast.jpg

Original Attakus Vader:

http://www.nitrocomics.com/darthvaderstatue.gif

Kotobukiya Vader: One of the coolest Vader items to date IMO, in terms of drawing your eye to it immediately when you enter a room. Not to mention it's HUGE.

http://titantoys.com/images/kt_vs_darth_vader.jpg

I dunno, maybe my opinion will change once I get to see more pics of a fully painted sample. But I'll still probably wait and see what GG comes up with.

[ 01-05-2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Farkenell
01-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Yeah that’s it; it’s the “oomph!” that’s missing. And true how his original Attakus statue pose is more Vader like even when he’s just at his neutral state. I think this new one looks funny due to how he’s standing and holding the lightsaber. I mean, what is he suppose to be doing? It looks like a pose a sucky Vader impersonator would do when taking pictures with a SW fan at a convention.

Forhekset
01-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Mos-Quito:
It looks like a pose a sucky Vader impersonator would do when taking pictures with a SW fan at a convention. <font size="2" face="arial">I hadn't thought about that, but now that you mention it, it does give you that impression, doesn't it? He's even kinda pudgy like most people who dress up in SW costumes. images/icons/wink.gif

Gruson
01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I love the original Vader from Attakus...this new one just does not do it for me.

Plus, he looks too fat.

Forhekset
01-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Gruson:
I love the original Vader from Attakus...this new one just does not do it for me.

Plus, he looks too fat. <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, he's got a little too much of a front porch there.

_DJ_
01-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Dumpy, pudgy or what not, if I could afford it, I'd buy one.

It is Vader after all. images/icons/grin.gif

Still hoping that GGS comes up with a Vader Statue to rival these though.