PDA

View Full Version : attakus statues

09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi all. I've never collected much SW outside of Hasbro's products, so I'm rather ignorant to the specifics of other collectibles. I was wondering what the retail of Attakus statues is, and where they are available. Are they overseas exclusives? The new wave (Padme, Jango, Ben, etc.) looks absolutely fantastic, and I'd love the chance to add some of them to my collection.

Thanks.

Cheers,
-Damon

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Attakus is a company based in France. You can order them directly from the company (assuming a particular piece isn't sold out to dealers prior to release). Check out www.attakus.com. (http://www.attakus.com.) Also, it seems like quite a few dealers in Quebec get them and then offer them for resale.

Prices vary depending on the size of the piece. The Yoda, for instance, retailed for around $140, if memory serves. Vader was around $300, and the Jabba was more. Most others (except for maybe the R2) have ranged from about $220-275). I would expect the newer ones coming out to be in the latter range; however, prices may be somewhat inflated now b/c the dollar is weaker against the Euro than was the case when the last batch of new pieces came out.

They're not exactly cheap, but they're well worth it. I've owned the Maul, Yoda, and Vader, and the craftsmanship is amazing. Almost every piece in this line looks stellar.

Chad

Farkenell
09-23-2003, 06:49 AM
I'm hoping that one day I would be able to afford the Boba Fett Attakus.

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm hoping that one day I can afford any of the Attakus statues.... images/icons/wink.gif

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-23-2003, 08:36 AM
ME TOO, but also I need the ROOM for all of this SHI....CRAP!!

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0:
ME TOO, but also I need the ROOM for all of this SHI....CRAP!! <font size="2" face="arial">Tell me about it!

My wife has a strict "No Star Wars" out side the walls of my simple SW room, RULE that I have to follow.

Well for now that is. images/icons/wink.gif

She actually says she likes the Unleashed enough to let a few of those escape into the family room one day, so an Attakus statue would more than likely blow her mind.

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-23-2003, 08:43 AM
The Darth Maul one would be a GREAT addition to the family room!! images/icons/grin.gif

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 09:23 AM
images/icons/grin.gif

Yeah, but the unleashed would improve any room, not to mention an Attakus..... images/icons/shocked.gif

"No, really it's ART."

[ 09-23-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Maul Unleashed or any?? Cuz all then you just add them both and she will LOVE IT, guarenteed. images/icons/grin.gif

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Any and all of the Unleashed. images/icons/grin.gif

Now if I could just get my mitts on Waves 5 and 6 of the unleashed, I'd be in hog heaven, I tell ya.

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-23-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm still waiting on my wave 6 to ship, funny thing is, I forget where i pre-ordered them from..... images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/frown.gif

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Seeing how I'm not allowed to use any CC's online to buy SW, long story, I have to find them the old fashioned way. I have to go out and actually HUNT for them.

Needless to say, I have yet to see any of either wave anywhere. images/icons/mad.gif

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-23-2003, 10:09 AM
WHOA!! YOU'RE A TRACKER???DAMN THAT NOISE MAN!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

_DJ_
09-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0:
WHOA!! YOU'RE A TRACKER???DAMN THAT NOISE MAN!!! images/icons/shocked.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Damn it all to hell. images/icons/mad.gif

09-24-2003, 03:34 PM
haha! Yes, a darth maul would certainly brighten any room. If she's taken with the Unleashed then I think you're right about the Attakus. They really do look amazing - I'm definetly going to try to get at least the new Padme and maybe the Boba Fett. As for unleashed - I saw Sidious, Luke and Obi-Wan at a TRU in NC on my way back from vacation, but didn't have enough cash to get them - instead I picked up the Jedi Army Builder pack and the white Clone Troopers. Amazon has them now, and since I am allowed to use a CC online, I may have to go order them. images/icons/grin.gif

_DJ_
09-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Amazon has them now, and since I am allowed to use a CC online, I may have to go order them. <font size="2" face="arial">Long and horrible story..."no comment". images/icons/wink.gif

Cmdr_Vigilant
09-24-2003, 04:50 PM
HEH, you said HORRIBLE!! images/icons/shocked.gif

09-25-2003, 07:08 PM
I love the new Clone trooper, but they're too expensive for what they are. Same goes for the Kotobuyika ArtFX clone. Now the Gentle Giant mini-busts (Clone trooper in particular), on the other hand, are a great value. I love how you can chose the accesories and alter the pose. images/icons/smile.gif

[ 09-25-2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: CT-6/774 ]

IndianaVader
09-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I would try to collect Attakus statues but they're triple my wallet size.

_DJ_
09-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Yoda # 1494/1500
Darth Vader # 1424/1500
Darth Maul # 1348/1500
Boba Fett # 1426/1500
Emperor Palpatine # 486/1500
<font size="2" face="arial">

That's one sweet Attakus collection you got going there. images/icons/shocked.gif

I do believe my wife would break my knee caps if I spent that kind of $$, on anything without discussing it with her. images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_Vexed
09-30-2003, 12:55 AM
Attakus statues are awesome. They've all been limited to 1500 pieces except for the Jabba which only had a run of 750. I racked up some $$$ on the old card to get some of these to my wife's dismay, but they are some of the few things allowed out in the living room on top the entertainment center... She's not happy with the price, but she recognizes that most have gone up quite a bit in value and doesn't mind them being out. I have:

Yoda # 1494/1500
Darth Vader # 1424/1500
Darth Maul # 1348/1500
Boba Fett # 1426/1500
Emperor Palpatine # 486/1500

I lucked out by getting the Yoda off eBay right at the end of it's availability thus getting it for about retail. I was able to get the Maul and Fett from an online comic shop for about 10% off retail, but the Vader was tough to track down, and I wound up getting it and the Emperor from a shop in Canada.

Vader was immediately popular and was ordered heavily. With Attakus being in France, it seems other countries (such as Canada) get dibs on them before the statues are offered to the US market.

Given all that, it becomes a gamble of sorts... Some online retailers offer discounts for pre-ordering the statues, but they won't outright guarantee that you'll get them based upon their availability and distribution. The best way to lock one in is to go through a Canadian store, but then you're likely to pay retail plus a great deal to get it into the states... Like I said, it's a gamble.

I'm tempted to get some of the new statues such as the Jawa, Ben, Jango, new Yoda and new Vader, but my funds are really tapped. In my opinion, the Vader and Yoda will be great sellers again. Most people hold onto these limited collectibles. Even though these will be new sculpts, people who don't have the first statues and really want them are going to snatch these new ones up quick.

Well after all that, you can tell that I really like these statues. I definitely recommend that if you are interested in them, you should at least pick one up of your favorite character.

sideswipe1984
09-30-2003, 07:42 AM
I would REALLY like to pick up a Luke Attakus, but with all the other expenses related to this hobby I already am staring at, along with the task of buying a house next summer, I have to draw the line somewhere, and unfortunately this is it. images/icons/frown.gif

_DJ_
10-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Ran across this one in my daily ebay updates.

Slave Leia Attakus (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2194665956&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1)

So, is $235 considered a good price on this one?

darth_steeler
10-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I just pre-ordered a Obi-Wan Attakus from EE. I hope that they get a decent supply of these. I'd hate to get shut out.

SPL
10-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Attakus does put out some top notch pieces. I wouldn't mind owning a few but the price is a bit high to seriously consider collecting the whole line. I missed out when the original Vader was offered, but when the new version becomes available, I'll make sure to score one images/icons/grin.gif .

NreRyed
10-20-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by DarhJin:

That's one sweet Attakus collection you got going there. images/icons/shocked.gif

I do believe my wife would break my knee caps if I spent that kind of $$, on anything without discussing it with her. images/icons/grin.gif [/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">My gf would probably make me sleep with the fishes hehe