PDA

View Full Version : New Attakus Statues.

_DJ_
09-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Seen this at POTF2.com today.

We have Jango, Padme, Clonetrooper, Han Solo and Old Style Ben Kenobi.

Pics of all can be seen here New Attakus Statues (http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4122)

The Old Ben is my current favorite.

Looks promising. images/icons/smile.gif

[ 09-16-2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Forhekset
09-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Dang, that Han looks cool. Good likeness of Harrison Ford.

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Those do look sweet. All of the Attakus pieces have looked great so far, IMO.

I've actually heard that there's a new Attakus Vader pose coming out late this year or early next, but haven't seen any pix of it yet. I guess it's supposed to be a "clenched fist" pose from the Bespin Gantry scene. That should be very well done (though not particularly welcome to the old bank account).

Chad

_DJ_
09-16-2003, 09:55 AM
there's a new Attakus Vader pose coming out late this year or early next <font size="2" face="arial">

You had to go there didn't you? images/icons/grin.gif

Hope the news is true because I so want an Attakus Vader in the ol' collection. images/icons/tongue.gif

Forhekset
09-16-2003, 09:55 AM
If there's a new Vader coming out, I might have to bite the bullet and get it.

What was the original retail on the old Vader, anyway?

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Depending on currency fluctuations, the original Attakus Vader retailed for around $330 or so, if I recall correctly. It may have been closer to $300, with it costing me about $30 to get it shipped to me. Can't recall exactly. However, as you probably know, they virtually sold out prior to issue (I think the Attakus website only had about 50 available, and they went fast), and aftermarket prices have quickly climbed to more than double original retail on those. If this new piece is also limited to 1500 pieces, one best pre-order it to avoid quickly having to pay $500+ for it.

Chad

_DJ_
09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Anyone know what these are going to be sold at?

If they are in the same range as earlier Attakus stuff, maybe they will sell for around $300.

Sure hope they are less, but knowing my luck, they won't be.

[ 09-16-2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM
I'd expect them to be at least $300 retail. Actually, the dollar is weaker now against the Euro than it was when these first came out a few years ago, so they may end up costing a bit more to order them directly from Attakus. Having paid for the transatlantic shipment of Attakus Maul and Yoda statues once upon a time, I can tell you to be prepared to tack on about another $50-60 to have the Vader shipped directly from Europe. If you buy it from someone in Quebec (dealers there seem to have "French connections" with Attakus), the shipping will likely be around $30-40. The current Attakus Vader is pretty huge and heavy, but the new one may be in an even larger box, if it is in any sort of "action" pose.

Well worth the money though. These pieces are gorgeous.

Chad

Forhekset
09-16-2003, 11:58 AM
I can deal with $300. I was just kinda worried since I'm not familiar with Attakus, and I see the old Vader statue regularly going for $1000+ on eBay. You're right anyway, pre-ordering would be the safest bet.

VaderG60
09-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Anything of Old Ben's likeness totally rocks!

I must have this for beside my Old Ben cookie jar!! images/icons/shocked.gif

http://www.potf2.com/potj/images/attakus/c126_obi-wan.jpg

Milhouse
09-16-2003, 06:37 PM
What do you guys suppose is that thing is next to Bens right leg?

SiteC
09-16-2003, 06:42 PM
I really like the Jango, but I probably won't be able to afford it. $300 is just too damn much.. I'd like to see them tackle an E2 Robed Anakin...then maybe I might consider saving up for one...

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-16-2003, 07:13 PM
If Attakus stays true to past form, at least a few of these characters should be in the $250-275 range. They'll charge more for the Vader and select other figures that are larger/weightier. But I bet the humanoid characters, at least, will be cheaper than $300 (excluding shipping, of course).

Chad

Inigo_Montoya
09-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Han is DAMN good! images/icons/shocked.gif

Forhekset
09-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Maybe that thing by Ben's leg is just something to help hold the statue up? Since that's an early shot and not the final product, most likely.

_DJ_
09-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by The Twisted Sithster:
If Attakus stays true to past form, at least a few of these characters should be in the $250-275 range. They'll charge more for the Vader and select other figures that are larger/weightier. But I bet the humanoid characters, at least, will be cheaper than $300 (excluding shipping, of course).

Chad <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, those prices sound right to me. Just wish they were a little cheaper. $300 a pop when you want 2 or more is a bit spendy for a PO' collector like me.

That's not taking into consideration the secondary market prices you know will be charged for the HOT character of the minute. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If they do indeed release a new Vader sculpt, it will most definitly be a piece to add to the collection. Seeing how the older one is selling for $500 - $1500 respectivly. images/icons/tongue.gif

Forhekset
09-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by DarhJin:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by The Twisted Sithster:

Chad <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, those prices sound right to me. Just wish they were a little cheaper. $300 a pop when you want 2 or more is a bit spendy for a PO' collector like me.

That's not taking into consideration the secondary market prices you know will be charged for the HOT character of the minute. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If they do indeed release a new Vader sculpt, it will most definitly be a piece to add to the collection. Seeing how the older one is selling for $500 - $1500 respectivly. images/icons/tongue.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I have an idea...buy two Vaders at $300 apiece, then wait 6-12 months, then put your extra on eBay as "HOT RARE VHTF RETIRED SOLD OUT LIMITED MIB NR" for $1500. The profit you make will easily cover the cost of both statues plus a little extra for yourself images/icons/tongue.gif

The_Twisted_Sithster
09-17-2003, 01:58 PM
I have an idea...buy two Vaders at $300 apiece, then wait 6-12 months, then put your extra on eBay as "HOT RARE VHTF RETIRED SOLD OUT LIMITED MIB NR" for $1500. The profit you make will easily cover the cost of both statues plus a little extra for yourself <font size="2" face="arial">It's an attractive idea. I came VERY, VERY close to buying two or three extras of the first Attakus Vader back when there were a few available from the Attakus website. Kick myself now for not doing so. I figured that I could make some dough on them in like 12 months or so, but I never would have dreamed they'd be topping $1000 now and then (most I see sell for $700-850).

Chad

_DJ_
09-17-2003, 02:03 PM
wait 6-12 months, then put your extra on eBay as "HOT RARE VHTF RETIRED SOLD OUT LIMITED MIB NR" for $1500. <font size="2" face="arial">This would be worth it if I had the EXTRA $600 to buy the first two. images/icons/tongue.gif