PDA

View Full Version : How many of you open your Bobbleheads???

06-04-2002, 05:01 PM
I was wondering who opens their Star Wars bobblehead items??? I opened mine, the quality doesn't look too high.

06-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Really? I thought from the pics they looked pretty darn good. Would you not recommend getting them??

06-05-2002, 04:20 PM
I think they are really nice to have, but if you look closely at the the bobbleheads, you can see brush marks and that the painting isn't too great. The spring on the head is also really stiff, so the head doesn't "bobble" as much as sports bobblehead items.

06-07-2002, 12:59 AM
I agree on the stiff spring. The "bobble effect" is not as loose as I would like.

BUT, I think the quality of the figure is really nice. They look great out of their box sitting on my bookshelf.

bobafett14
06-08-2002, 07:37 AM
I opened my Fett. Kept the others sealed.

I would say that the quality is intentionally not extremely detailed. I think it's to give them that certain look to fit in line with other bobbleheads on the market. The paint seems to have an almost hand painted and "rustic" look to it. If you get a new sports bobblehead today they are usually the same style-they have a somewhat "antique" look to them.

I love em, a REAL nice addition to the collection, a cross-collectible(which I always go for), and they are limited to 4,000 pieces-which means getting an entire set is gonna be tough, because you're gonna have people buying sets, and some people just buying thier fav character-like Fett.