PDA

View Full Version : Playschool Items!!

Imperialtrooper
03-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Anyone hear anything regarding the new playschool items. Like when they arrive and for how much?? You know all of that garbage!!

BigDumbWookiee
03-30-2002, 08:34 PM
I bought the Naboo Starfighter and XWing sets from Entertainment Earth, but I havent heard about the newer sets yet.

flarida
03-31-2002, 05:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to these sets. My uh... nephews are really going to enjoy them... yeah that's it, my nephews images/icons/smile.gif .

Imperialtrooper
04-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Ya even if I had kids I would still be the biggest out of them all.... I wish they would get in stores so I can start collecting (playing)!! images/icons/grin.gif

BigDumbWookiee
04-02-2002, 01:58 AM
Ive been collecting for about 12 years or so, and I must say, these definately take a spot in my top ten coolest Star Wars merchandise ever. Im a big fan of the unique, and its stuff like this that makes collecting fun! Sure, I love all of the figures, but after four or five hundred figures, they all start to look alike. My only problem is the Naboo Starfighter has so way of smoothly sitting in place - it has a completely rounded bottom, so it constantly rocks in place.

DarthBeek
04-02-2002, 02:53 AM
Hello all... I just received my X Wing Adventure and the Darth Maul Playskool sets today. I had ordered them via Toybliss last week and they arrived this afternoon. I absolutely LOVE these sets. They are so different from everything else out there and they are a great addition to my collection. The paint jobs on the figures are fantastic! Any word when the EP2 set "Rampaging Reek"?? and the other two sets are shipping? Maybe they will be there along with the rest of the goods on APRIL 23rd.

MisterPL
04-02-2002, 05:18 PM
I got the X-wing and Starfighter sets at Boscov's here in PA. So far it's the only place I've seen them offered at retail. I hope the Jurassic Park Playskool line didn't sour retailers' appetites for this kind of pre-school line. With so many dedicated Star Wars fans making babies (unlike those "dedicated" JP fans...uh huh), a line like this is sure to be a hit with collecting parents as well as fanawans™.

From what I understand the smaller sets aren't due out until May and July. I'm getting them all, for me AND my daughter!

D. Martin
04-05-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by flarida:
I'm really looking forward to these sets. My uh... nephews are really going to enjoy them... yeah that's it, my nephews images/icons/smile.gif .<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, my *nephews* too images/icons/wink.gif

04-15-2002, 04:30 PM
picked my set up today at Walmart...12.44..pretty nice..stay away from Entertainment earth and all of them..scalpers to the top...and too high. Bomber looks great as well.

EddieU
04-24-2002, 03:06 AM
I picked up all 4 sets of these today (yesterday)--excellent! Hasbro has a passionate love affair with magnets these days, that's for sure. I guess it comes down to personal taste, but I love how goofy these things are. They're a nice contrast to all the real-scanned, ultra-accurate AOTC figures I bought. The X-Wing is great, and the Vader almost reminds me of some concept art for Ep 4. Bravo! I wish the Arena Adventure and the Falcon were out already...Also, I agree with my fiancee that they'd probably sell a few more sets to parents of young girls if they would include a Leia or Padme with one of them. Anyways, these are definitely toys worth searching for.

Eddie

04-27-2002, 10:46 PM
I've only found the Naboo set so far, but thanks to it my 16 month old son can now say "Maul" and I couldn't be prouder. I want to get the other sets, but at a local retailer since I have Playskool coupons (they were in all the Playskool toys he got for Yule).

rebelkiller
04-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Well I found the stompin wampa and the endor set at Kmart yesterday. They are way cool, still no ep2 sets around though. Even my wife thought they were neat.

04-29-2002, 10:49 PM
Thanks rebelkiller! I found the same sets at my local K-Mart. Now I just need the X-wing and AOTC sets.

04-29-2002, 11:45 PM
I wish I had money left over to buy some of these sets, because they are so damn cool. I thought I'd give a heads up for everyone else. I saw the X-wing and Naboo set at my Big K this week and they were 12 something I think. I also saw the Wampa and Endor set at a nearby Kay Be and these were around 8 bucks which I thought was a steal.

rebelkiller
04-30-2002, 06:23 AM
What I think is amazing is that at all the Walmarts in my area, the only empty spot down the ep2 aisle is where these sets are. They had them the 23rd then they were gone.

Troopeur72
04-30-2002, 10:31 PM
Hello
I live in canada and the plaskool set are not release here someone can check i'm very interested by these 4 Star wars Adventure set
but I don't want paid the scalper price

thank

jangoandthefett
05-01-2002, 01:40 AM
I agree these are sweet.
This is where they are:
Naboo and X-wing sets - Walmart (I picked them up the morning of the 23rd) I've since seen more, but they're popular.
Stompin' wampa and forest sets - Kmart
(I got mine @ entertainment earth for $10 each) But I've since seen whole cases @
Kmart, I think they're $8 each
Bring on the Falcon w/ Han and Chewie! images/icons/cool.gif

Todd4LOM
05-01-2002, 02:03 AM
These things are so awesome! I just got the Hoth and Endor sets today. I remember when Rebelscum posted about the eBay auctions for the prototypes from these sets, and they thought they were some sort of unproduced items. I was pretty excited when I heard they were coming out after all.

Imperialtrooper
05-01-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by troopeur:
Hello
I live in canada and the plaskool set are not release here someone can check i'm very interested by these 4 Star wars Adventure set
but I don't want paid the scalper price

thank<font size="2" face="arial">Hey I go to Canada sometimes and if I see them around I will definitly pick them up for you and ship them in Canada.... But you will pay american funds or a trade of equal value will have to take place!!! My next visit is May 11th weekend .... let me know!!

AdmAckbar
05-03-2002, 12:00 AM
I picked up the X-wing set this morning at Wal-Mart and I love it. Well worth the price of 12.77.

06-17-2002, 10:56 AM
I finally found these sets at JC Penny over the weekend. These are probably the coolest Star Wars toys yet. I picked them up for my daughter's birthday but I'll probably be the one playing with them the most.

By the way, where are you guys finding these at Walmart? Are they with the regular Star Wars toys, or are they in a different section. I haven't seen them yet at Walmart.

06-17-2002, 07:08 PM
I picked up the X-wing and Naboo Starfighter sets at midnight madness and haven't seen them since. Thought I was gonna have to result to eBay for the other two...until this past weekend. Found mucho of all four sets at JC Pennys. Who would've thought...everybody start running!

WampaTaunTaun
06-18-2002, 12:21 AM
I have seen them in both areas, it depends on the store. I bought them for my son from the preschool section (WalMart in a different town) a couple of months ago but have seen them at my local Walmart in the Star Wars section.

06-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info!

r2d2tjk
06-20-2002, 04:09 PM
I found the Stompin Wampa and Fast Through the Forest sets at a J.C. Penny in Vernon Hills, IL yesterday. They had a bunch of them. These things are fun. I particularly like the bug eye effect on the Wampa. images/icons/wink.gif

swing
06-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Bravo! I wish the Arena Adventure and the Falcon were out already...<font size="2" face="arial">Me too! The Falcon looks really great and it can even hold all the figures inside the compartment.