PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on Kubricks/Blockos/Legos/Minis?

Stormie
02-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Good topic!
I also remember seeing these Simpsons Kubrick-type toys advertised in Lee's or Tomart's--I forget which. Like you, I really don't care for the look of these. Seems like they could've been done a lot better.

As far as this whole Kubrick-type fad goes, I'm really starting to like these little guys. The unlicensed Star Wars sets I've seen look great, and the Kubrick Planet of the Apes, Blair Witch, and Evangelion sets all are very detailed. The new Tron sets are very, very cool, and even include little light cycles, and a tank! Because these aren't Legos (and, therefore not meant to be attached to blocks), these figures can have much more detail, and look a ton better. I also like the fact that even the unlicensed sets are well made (sets like Superman/Supergirl, Batman/Robin, Spiderman, etc.). Heck, the Be@rbricks are even starting to look good to me! images/icons/wink.gif

I really think these types of figures will catch on even more here...as soon as the U.S. market is exposed enough to these. Until then, it's actually going to be a little difficult to find some of these sets in the United States. At least at decent prices! images/icons/grin.gif

Jango_Fettish
02-22-2002, 01:55 AM
March's Toyfare had a decent article on whats to come, pertaining to the Kubrick/Lego/Blocko action figure style toys.

Does anyone have an opinion on these yet. I seen the Simpsons Blockos and I'm not too impressed, because of the long, wrap around heads. The others, such as the new Spiderman Legos and POTA Kubricks look great.

Also, will this be a fad or a staple in the collecting world? I imagine they will cost less..and Lego styled mini figures are cool with me. Opinions..?
http://free.howabout.net/corsica/simpblock.jpg

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Dark Hybrid ]