PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fact Files

02-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Is anyone collecting the weekly published Star Wars Fact Files? Thanks to a good friend in Ireland images/icons/smile.gif (apparently they are exclusive to the UK) I have the cool binder/folder and all of the fact files published so far. They are really interesting and cool. Thanks Fungi! images/icons/smile.gif

rmschneider104
02-08-2002, 02:33 PM
No, I'm collecting them, but I agree that they look really nice. I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on doing these for the US market. I would think that it would be a pretty good demand for a product like this here in the States.

Greejo
02-09-2002, 12:55 AM
The Star Wars Fact Files are avaliable here in Australia also and I have been following them with interest. So far I have up to issue 11(Yoda on the front page) which was just released.
It started here in South Australia as a trial, so the releases have slowed from weekly to monthly while the rest of Australia catches up.
All up its a nice set(the binder and dividers set it off well) which blends canon and EU details from all sorts of sources. I particularly liked the Garindan character profile that was in the lastest issue....who would have thought they could get 4 pages(2 front and back) out of a character like that. Very nice images/icons/smile.gif

JesseJames
02-09-2002, 01:45 AM
They're available to the U.S. as well... I thought about getting them as a customs resource, and general guide, but I've been told they're nothing that hasn't been published before.

I still may get them just to see what's up with them. Depends what shipping to here is.

Greejo
02-09-2002, 01:54 AM
Definitly not a lot of info in there that has not been in other sources...but it's just nice to have it all in one spot IMO. I am looking forward to when they are able to incorporate info from AotC and E3. images/icons/smile.gif

Zuckuss44
02-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Wondering....

Where can I get the Fact Files? I've been reading about them, and I want to get them. I haven't seen them anywhere. Are they in stores in magazine sections? Can you get them through the fan club? How do you get them?

Thanks for any response!

r2dee2
02-09-2002, 11:50 PM
If you go to my page (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/factfiles.htm) and click on the banner at the top, it will take you to the official site in the UK and you can order the fact files from them. You'll just have to pay postage on the "freebies" if you're in the US.

cu_tiger
03-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know the total cost for the subscription in US dollars? I couldn't find that on their site.

03-09-2002, 09:10 PM
You can contact them by email:

subscribe@deagostini.co.uk

I am in the states and have rec'd my first batch. There great!
No clue on shipping...I have to wait till I get my c/card invoice and see what i'm being charged.

good luck!

03-21-2002, 09:00 AM
The Fact Files just started publication in the Netherlands 3 weeks ago. Looks like a nice package. They're planning to incorporate Ep. II info around issue 20 or so. Can't wait.

GNT
03-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Anyone in Oz know if they ship all the copies(4 at a time?) cause I sent in that form(a while ago) and stll havent got any past issue 2?
What gives?

03-23-2002, 04:38 PM
anyone who says these fact files arnt worth it arev sadly mistaken.i live in the uk and get one every week.altough most information is reachable without the file its still good.well there really isnt much point trying to explain,you have to see them for yourselfs. images/icons/cool.gif

BigDumbWookiee
03-26-2002, 08:55 PM
For those in the US that are collecting the Fact Files, what are the most recent issues you have received? In the UK? Australia? About two weeks ago I got issues 13 and 14 (mine always arrive in pairs, but I heard some people get them in 4s, or 10s?), and havent received any more lately, and was just wondering what was available and if I should expect my new issues.

Adam

03-27-2002, 06:00 PM
well, im in england and i just got 13 today

GNT
03-28-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
For those in the US that are collecting the Fact Files, what are the most recent issues you have received? In the UK? Australia? About two weeks ago I got issues 13 and 14 (mine always arrive in pairs, but I heard some people get them in 4s, or 10s?), and havent received any more lately, and was just wondering what was available and if I should expect my new issues.<font size="2" face="arial">I'm not sure whats going on in Aus at the moment,I know some places are to 11-13. The last issue I got was no.2 w/the folder,I sent the form away and havent recieved anything yet so either they are going to send 4 at a time or its all the freebies that are comming with it that is slowing it down images/icons/frown.gif arggghhh

Greejo
03-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Here in South Australia, I am expecting issue 13 to hit the shelves in the next week or so.

04-03-2002, 09:24 AM
I'm in the UK and the last one I got was issue 16 with Rune Haako on the cover. I'm kinda mystified with Jeremy's story on the front page about 13 only just coming in, unless mine's been printed with the wrong number.