PDA

View Full Version : Will you collect.....

09-16-2001, 08:21 PM
Will you collect all of the promo stuff for Ep.2? Rumor has it that KFC/TB/PH won't be carrying any, and it hasn't been determined who will yet. Supposedly there won't be near as much stuff as there was for Ep.1.

Krilzedlim
09-16-2001, 10:03 PM
Depending on what it is, I just might. Moslty if I can actually get to a place that has it, I'd go for it.

Personally, I'd like to see Burger King get it again and just make another set of glasses. Which is what they SHOULD'VE doen in the first place with Ep. 1, but they didn't, so it sucks.

rmschneider104
09-17-2001, 09:09 AM
When it comes to the promo stuff, it really depends on what it is. Glasses are cool. I also picked up a few of the TriCon toys, but didn't hunt each and every one of them down. The Taco Bell 3 poster set was really cool.

So, I guess it depends. If it is something I find cool, I'll pick it up. If it doesn't inspire me, I'll pass.

bobafett14
09-17-2001, 06:57 PM
I'll still try to get it all!

Todd4LOM
09-17-2001, 08:25 PM
I had fun collecting the cups and toys when they first showed up, but after a month or so I lost interest. I have about 3/4 of the toys and 8 of the cups. Eventually I'd like to track down the remaining 4 cups but it's not a priority. I'm sure I'll buy whatever they end up coming out with, but I'm not a completist when it comes to that stuff.

09-17-2001, 08:40 PM
I plan on collecting promo stuff, but this time around I'll only concern myself with items I actually like images/icons/wink.gif I went a little overboard with EP1 promo stuff, as I'm sure most of us did images/icons/smile.gif

Jedi_Idej
09-17-2001, 10:47 PM
Depends what the promo item is. I got all of the cups/toppers and all but 2 of the fast food toys. They were fun to collect but after awhile I wondered why I was keeping them. I still have the cups and maybe 5 of the toys; the rest went to Goodwill. I also kept those pog thingies...just don't know where they are.

I read somewhere that there won't be Pepsi can collectibles either.

Those card/game piece in bags of chips are nice and easy to store. But there's got to be a better way to complete a set.

GNT
09-18-2001, 12:40 AM
I'll get any promo stuff that I could get my hands on!

Boba_Fish
09-18-2001, 06:56 AM
It depends what the promo stuff ends up being. If it's more craptacular stuff like the cup toppers and Pizza Hut toys, not a chance. I still can't explain why I've got a set of the Pepsi cans... If they go back to nice glasses like the Burger King glasses from the OT, or even those Aussie exclusive E1 glasses, I'd get them. We'll just have to wait and see.

bobafett14
09-18-2001, 05:21 PM
Hey Todd, email me sometime at bobafett14@alltel.net

I have some extra cups and toppers, I'm also in Pittsburgh, and we have some pswcs meetings (one coming up on Sept. 29 in Cranberry) I'd love to trade with ya or something.

09-19-2001, 03:40 PM
I also would like BK to do the glasses again, but also it would be great if whom ever does it has a figure or two, you'd still pay say $3 to $5 for it with the purchase of some food. I think BK or MacDonalds did a music cd of the Backstreet Boys if I remember correctly and that was around $5 I think (NO I DID NOT BUY IT). images/icons/shocked.gif

mousedroid
09-20-2001, 01:18 PM
I'll probably pick up all the fast food toys and promo items. I had more fun collecting them than I did Episode I toys during the summer of '99. I didn't collect the Pepsi cans, or the snack-food promos, and probably won't this time around.

I too would love to see Burger King do some glasses, but I don't think any fast food places do glasses for promotions anymore. Some idiot probably broke one and sued the company for a bazillion dollars.

09-20-2001, 03:20 PM
The only Episode 1 promo stuff I collected was the 24 of the Pepsi/Diet Pepsi/ Pepsi One/ Mountain Dew, plus the 2 "Squirt-type drip" (I forget the name) for a total of 26 cans. About a month before my last move, the Anakin can exploded, so I decided to empty all 26 cans. When it came time to move, I decided to get rid of the cans. I turned them in for 5cents each at the recycler....

Oh yeah, I was at WalMart and picked up a complete set of posters. I don't remember what they were for, or who they were by, but there was like 8-12 of them. They may have been something from the Doritoes chips???? They were about the size of comic books...

10-01-2001, 08:31 AM
Anyone own the Trilogy Rerelease pizza boxes?
Pizza Hut had some for the Trilogy release w/ Stormtrooper, Vader,etc.

10-01-2001, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mousedroid:
I too would love to see Burger King do some glasses, but I don't think any fast food places do glasses for promotions anymore. Some idiot probably broke one and sued the company for a bazillion dollars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time I saw any kind of glasses was at Burger King when they did their Disney plastic tumblers back in 1995. Working there helped me get the whole set. (which, alas, now reside with my ex)

10-01-2001, 04:52 PM
Boba Rocks, I have two of the pizza boxes from the Special Editions. (The pizza is all gone though. images/icons/wink.gif )

SithCrusader
10-03-2001, 08:34 AM
I'd collect Ep2 promo glasses, I still have my Jedi & STIII glasses from back in the day - it'd be retro-nostalgic in a full-circle kinda way, ya know? images/icons/grin.gif

Were promo glasses done for Ep1 at all...? I don't think I saw any...

10-03-2001, 03:28 PM
No glasses were done for Ep1- just the plastic cups with the toppers. images/icons/mad.gif I'd love to see glasses done also, but like mouse said, they probably won't do them anymore because of liability. images/icons/frown.gif