PDA

View Full Version : Attakus resin statues

rmschneider104
08-07-2001, 10:18 AM
Is anyone getting the Attakus resin statues? Yes, they look super cool. Yes, they are foreign. But their pricetag makes them beyond my reach.

Something about them just makes me feel that these items may end up at much cheaper prices down the road. I may be totally wrong on that, but if you look at some similar collectibles (Riddell mini-helmets, Legends in 3D busts, and Cinemacast Vader come to mind), they have gone on "clearance" price a few years after their release.

Now if I had the money and really wanted them, I wouldn't hold off getting them. I'd get them as soon as I could. But since I don't have the funds, I am going to pass on these.

Your thoughts?

mousedroid
08-08-2001, 08:04 AM
I've thought about getting the Slave Leia, and possibly the Yoda statues, but I can't justify spending that much on them. Not considering I can buy comics statues of similar size and quality for 1/2 to 3/4 the price. I too am hoping they'll go on clearance in the not too distance future.

bobafett14
08-08-2001, 01:25 PM
Saw these at the Pittsburgh Toy/collectors show. They are by far one of the nicest(if not THE nicest) sets of sculptures done so far. I too just can't afford to pay the high prices, but if they were to go on clearance.......

bobafett14
08-09-2001, 08:35 PM
It was so-so. Some good finds and some great deals(as always) It is slowly getting smaller every year, but still lots of vintage SW. The bigger one is the first weekend of December. Still worth going to. ME and some of the other guys from the PA SW collecting society went, had a meeting after. There was a great buy on a vintage MIMB Tusken and a MIMB Droids C-3PO. I found lots of smaller stuff I needed to finish some gaps in the collection.

indigovic
08-09-2001, 11:59 PM
They're not resin - they're cold-cast porcelain. (And Boba Fett is especially nice.)

-Vic.

mousedroid
08-10-2001, 12:02 AM
bobafett14, I forgot all about that toy show. How was it?

08-19-2001, 02:44 PM
does anyone have a problem with darth mauls face it doesnt look quite right to me?

rmschneider104
08-21-2001, 05:05 AM
The image I checked out (via the wizards SW store), his face looks okay. Kinda hard to tell with the relatively small image.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 10:05 AM
The prices on these are simply out of my reach, though that R2-D2 is very nice and tempting. However, while a nice series, I they should have stayed at or below the $150 mark. Then again, I don't know the size on these, that could be a factor too.

Maul looks like he's got an extra large eyebrow area, like there's more forehead than there used to be.

BTW, what kind of weird name is "Attakus" anyway?

------------------
"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Attack of the Clones." - ANH:NE

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 08-21-2001).]

indigovic
08-26-2001, 03:41 AM
>Then again, I don't know the size on these, that could be a factor too.<

They range from about 5-1/2" (Yoda) to 16" (Han Carb).

Vader looks like he'll be very nice, too.

-Vic.

JediTricks
08-27-2001, 12:20 AM
Thanks Vic, I think at that size, it's gonna require seeing them in person for me, it's right about the size I'd like them to be though.

------------------
"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Attack of the Clones." - ANH:NE

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, POTJ

Draven
08-27-2001, 10:17 PM
I have Boba Fett and Darth Maul and they are great! I higly suggest anyone get some if you can afford the high price. I'm really looking forward to X-Wing Luke, Royal Guard and Emperor. I could see myself getting all 3 of those sometime in the future. As for these going on clearence? I doubt it. They are really limited and are selling even at the high prices.
Draven