PDA

View Full Version : store displays

wampa_ems
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
i have been collecting store displays since episode 1 came out. so far, i have a total of 5: a 6' pepsi battle droid, a jar jar book display, a hexagonal poster holder, a lay's chips holder, and a episode 1 video holder. if you collect store displays also, i would like to see the pictures of your collection.

Brett_H
07-19-2001, 10:19 PM
I have a few store displays. I've got a life-size Han Solo/Boba Fett Star Wars Roleplaying Game display, a Maul/Qui-Gon tatooine battle scene cardboard display from Wal-Mart, and a countertop Ep1 video display. I'll post some pics as soon as I'm able to.

------------------
"Works every time."

Brett_H
07-27-2001, 08:51 AM
well, here's those displays.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1207489&a=13546066&p=52155536

Boba_Binks
07-28-2001, 05:03 AM
The only store displays I have is the 2'X3' Mail Away Mace Windu Box from Meijers and the 7' tall Jar Jar Binks from Pizza Hut that shows all the toys.
I also have one of those standup of Episode 1 C-3P0

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Todd4LOM
07-28-2001, 06:11 AM
I've got the two-sided EPI Pizza hut banner, (Jar Jar and the toys on one side, Qui-Gon and the Queen on the other), A Mountain Dew Jar Jar stand-up, and the Hasbro Mace Windu mail-away figure shelf display.

bobafett14
07-28-2001, 06:22 AM
He He... I LOVE this area of collecting. I have a few of the EP I standups, almost all the Pizza hut promo stuff including the triangle "banner" the 2-D tabletop display showing the available toys is great, some Taco bell stuff, a few very large store displays from Wal-Mart, shelf talkers, and even some foriegn advertisements. I have the Ep I VHS shelf, as well as the blockbister big vinyl banner, the NRM heavy stock posters for the CD release-I have 2 different ones, don't know if there were more. etc.

My centerpice as far as promos go is my 4(or 5) foot THX release poster with the half Vader head signed by about 12 cast members and Prowse's signature real big on the vader's helmet. I love this poster and am eventually gonna get it professionally framed.

If anyone has any of the THX "one last time " billboards let me know I'd like to put one on top of my house.............just kidding.

BIGBRET
07-28-2001, 09:21 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as a store display, but I do have one of the 4' R2-D2 coolers that came to convienant stores around Ep1. I also have the UCS X-wing that was used at Target stores for awhile.

------------------
Cha porko ootman geesa.
UNT-BIG BRET
www.dswc.net (http://www.dswc.net)
planetdoomportal.searchking.com/UB/UltraBoard.cgi (http://planetdoomportal.searchking.com/UB/UltraBoard.cgi)

Thermal
07-31-2001, 07:41 PM
I have an Obi Mountain Dew life size stand up. My wife worked at Kmart at the time and grabbed it for me.

------------------
"Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold"

NS_Stormtrooper
08-07-2001, 02:50 PM
I have an EP1 Watto Mountain Dew Stand-up, a Jar-jar height chart display from a bookstore, an OT Visual Dictionary/Cross-section Display wth C-3PO and two Jawas with light-up eyes and the counter display that went with it, and one of those 3D cardboard BattleDroids.

Inigo_Montoya
08-07-2001, 09:02 PM
I've got a life-size Jar-Jar. I don't think it's a promotion for anything but The Phantom Menace.

mousedroid
08-08-2001, 07:56 AM
I don't collect store displays as a general rule, but I picked up a few for Episode I. What I've got:

Pepsi Darth Maul cardboard standee
Mt. Dew Jar-Jar cardboard standee
Giant inflatable Jar-Jar Mt. Dew can
Giant inflatable Gold Yoda Pepsi can
Four or five 1' x 3' cardboard panels from WalMart's EpI display
Several of the trilogy posters given to stores during the release of the Sp. Ed. videos