PDA

View Full Version : Newb - EP1 Obi Wan Jedi Knight

01-10-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm picking up some first wave ep1 figures for next to nothing, some are english cards, some are the multi language euro cards.

The thing is, I've got an Obi Wan Jedi Knight on both cards. The UK one has 'real' hair on the braid and the commlink and lightsaber running up the left of the blister.
The euro one has the saber in bens hand and the braid is moulded as part of the head.

I've had a look around and I think the euro version is the same figure that's in the battle droid 2 pack.

Is this considered a variation does anyone know, or is it just a case of 'different country, different figure'? Do they do that often?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trip.

echo1441
01-10-2002, 09:51 PM
it's not a variation. they are two different figures. one of them is the soft goods obi-wan jedi knight that came towards the end of the e1 line. the other is obi-wan jedi duel. it was the first obi-wan released in the e1 line i believe.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: echo1441 ]

GNT
01-10-2002, 10:13 PM
yes you have two different figures images/icons/smile.gif Just dont get started on Anakin images/icons/wink.gif

01-11-2002, 03:34 AM
Thanks guys.

Actually, on closer inspection, it's the figure they use for the commtech reader on the back of the cards. Didn't realise it was a separate figue though. I thought there was only 2 obi-wans in the 1st wave of the basic figure line?

Why, what's with anakin? I've got the tatooine one where he has the moulded cloak with hood, but it looks like he's got a moulded braid too. Is there a sofy goods version of him as well?

Trip.

Ziz
01-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Oh, if you've got the Anakin with cloak, that's the Naboo version when he was an official Padawan at the celebration at the very end of the film. Where you'll go nuts is collecting all the Tatooine Anakins - they're essentially the same figure, reposed, repackaged, renamed, 7 or 8 THOUSAND times!

GNT
01-11-2002, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ziz:
Where you'll go nuts is collecting all the Tatooine Anakins - they're essentially the same figure, reposed, repackaged, renamed, 7 or 8 THOUSAND times!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!

01-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Well I got the Backpack one, the cloaked one, the one in with the pod racer, but haven't seen the naboo fighter one.

The only ones I'm having trouble finding are:
Jar Jar (Swimming), battle droid (although I've got one with a bonus battle droid) and Qui Gon Jedi Master.

I'm guessing these are the rarer ones as I've not seen a thing of them.

Might have to shell out full price just to complete the set. Then there's always Collection 2&3....

images/icons/shocked.gif

the_killing_joke
01-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Hi tripwire - Take a look at these auctions.
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/59962333
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/59963226

They might be of help to you.

GNT
01-16-2002, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tripwire:
Well I got the Backpack one, the cloaked one, the one in with the pod racer, but haven't seen the naboo fighter one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Anakin Mechanic?

01-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Isn't the Mechanic on a POTJ card?

I'm only looking for the figures on the ep1 cards. I was only going to get Collection 1 (which I've now completed), but there's a few I've seen from waves 2&3 that are cool, so I might pick up what I can while they're cheap and easy to find.

Is the mechanic available on an ep1 card?

Also, what's the crack with the battle droids? Dirty, damaged and all that. Are they considered different figures, variations, or do they just vary?

Trip.

the_killing_joke
01-17-2002, 07:04 PM
There are 4 different carded battle droids - Clean - Dirty - Slashed and Shot. There may be more but I do not kno what they may be. There is the bonus battle droid that came in the 2 packs and then there's the POTJ battle droids and then there's OOM 9 too. Quite a few really!

the_killing_joke
01-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Anakin Mechanic is from the Power of the Jedi Line. Don't forget the one that came with the electronic game and the Mos Espa Encounter Cinema Scene!!

Just out of interest my Tatooine one has a blue and brown backpack! Is this the same as all the others?