PDA

View Full Version : Light Saber Colors...do they fade?

01-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Mine havenīt faded, except for my OC Vader wich now has a Pink Lightsaber.

_DJ_
01-08-2002, 01:57 AM
I was going through my EP I figures(dusting) and I noticed that the some figures sabers, seemed to be fading. They are almost clear, or seem to be.

Then I noticed an older RED CARD Vader that seemed to look the same, so what's the deal? Do older sabers fade with time, or am I just too used to seeing the newer POTJ type sabers?

I remember reading about something to do with the color fade in sabers awhile back somewhere in these fourms, but can't recall what caused it.

Any info would be helpful.........

_DJ_
01-08-2002, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I guess I'll have to live with the pinkish/clear sabers when it happens.

Are there any images of said fading of the sabers on line anywhere? I'd like to see if they look like what is happening to my figures and maybe there might be some tips on how to prevent it in the future.

Matt_Fury
01-09-2002, 12:06 AM
I've noticed that some of my Vader's sabers (RH Vader in particular) have faded Pinkish lightsabers....another one that has this problem is my Final Duel Darth Maul. I guess the Sith prefer pink! images/icons/rolleyes.gif

GNT
01-09-2002, 02:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattFuy:
another one that has this problem is my Final Duel Darth Maul. I guess the Sith prefer pink! images/icons/rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Final Duel Maul(POTJ line) has also faded,he has a light pink lightsaber images/icons/frown.gif

r2dee2
01-09-2002, 08:12 PM
SSG (http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=284) has a pic of the Darth Vader with "pink" saber. My impression was that exposure to sunlight could make a saber fade.

_DJ_
01-10-2002, 10:11 AM
YES......that's exactly what my Maul sabers look like. I also have a O/C or Red Card Vader that is the same.

Oh well, I guess you can slow fade time down, but you can't stop it. images/icons/grin.gif

apokolips
01-10-2002, 02:24 PM
I have a red saber that turned a very pale pink. I gave it to one of my customized Jedi.

jawas_rule
01-12-2002, 12:17 AM
I have come up with an easy solution to fix the faded lightsabers. I take a small amount of acrylic glaze and mix in some red acrylic paint. I then lightly brush this on the faded part of the saber. When it dries, it still maintains the transparency of the plastic, but restores the red color. Hope this is useful to somebody.

Ace_Two
01-12-2002, 03:38 PM
If you don't have a problem with altering the toy's "original" state, I always find that a colored Sharpee marker works just fine. images/icons/smile.gif