PDA

View Full Version : Asian Exclusive Mini Figures

czahr
10-26-2001, 01:24 AM
OK, does anyone remember these things? They were produced by Hasbro, about 2" tall and released only in (I think) Japan. It was the basic first wave of figures, plus a Naboo fighter with Anakin, which I was lucky enough to win in a contest on this site. images/icons/smile.gif

Anway, from my recollection, these things weren't that popular since I always used to see them on Ebay going for cheap. I wasn't particularly interested myself, even though I kind of dug the novelty of the smaller size, so I forgot all about them.

Looking at my mini Naboo fighter tonight made me remember that I always kind of wanted the mini Jar Jar figure. Now I really want the Jar Jar figure and can't for the life of me find one anywhere. Ebay has had nothing and there are no Eshops that are still offering them (of course).

So my question to you folks is, do you know where I can get an Asian Exclusive Mini Jar Jar figure from? I'm willing to pay good money for one, or I can do a trade.

GNT
10-26-2001, 01:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by czahr:
and released only in (I think) Japan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were also available here (Australia) also,I never bought it because the detail on them was pretty cra*.

r2dee2
10-26-2001, 09:21 AM
They have your Jar Jar at Toy Maniacs (http://www.toymaniacs.com/store/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=3&ObjectGroup_ID=85)

czahr
10-26-2001, 11:43 AM
GNT- I thought I remembered them being released there, but I wasn't sure. I like how you censored the word "crap". images/icons/grin.gif

The only one's I've seen in person is the Anakin that I have (with the N-fighter), and I'm actually surprised how good the paintjob and details are. Most of the pics I've seen on the "net" look a little crappy.

jedicat
10-26-2001, 02:40 PM
I have the Obi-Wan, and the detail is not that great on the figure, but it is cute.

GNT
10-26-2001, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by czahr:
GNT- I thought I remembered them being released there, but I wasn't sure. I like how you censored the word "crap". images/icons/grin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't Big-W,which had them awhile ago, has them anymore so I'll see what I can do....

I normally either put crud or cra* instead of putting the word 'crap'

JediTricks
10-26-2001, 11:43 PM
I have the boxed set, Jar Jar is fairly close to the 4" figure, though the paint is less detailed and the eyes are done sloppy. I think there was a dealer at Frank & Sons that had a single-carded Jar Jar, but I haven't been in a while thanks to the death of the car, so you'll have to ask someone who still goes.

The_Sith_Sense
10-27-2001, 08:28 AM
I found the 2" amidala in a Mexican store about a month ago....I paid about $1.25....No Jar Jars though....It was strange, the only 3 3/4 figs were padme and ami, the only 2" was ami...I think your figs were Mexican and smaller (economically challenged-to be PC) countries

Todd4LOM
10-28-2001, 06:33 PM
I got a few of these through Actionace.com and they sent me some bootleg wind-ups. They were a great e-tailer, I was bummed when they closed.

10-28-2001, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the sith sense:
I found the 2" amidala in a Mexican store about a month ago....I paid about $1.25....No Jar Jars though....It was strange, the only 3 3/4 figs were padme and ami, the only 2" was ami...I think your figs were Mexican and smaller (economically challenged-to be PC) countries<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thatīs odd, Padme and Amidala were also the only two EPI figures I ever saw in any mexican store. I donīt remember ever seeing the 2" figures though.

musasa
10-31-2001, 07:28 AM
These were all available in Taiwan, eventually at discount prices of like a buck each. I helped a few folks build sets when they were in stores, but now they're gone with the wind, along with most E1 clearance stuff.

Jedi_Idej
10-31-2001, 09:56 AM
These were that common outside of the US? From what the onlines were charging, and allowing them a decent markup, I didn't realize these could be had real cheap elsewhere. Ignoramous me!

musasa
11-02-2001, 06:53 AM
I think they were available throughout Asia, and probably in other markets, similar to the Bonus Battle Droid figure distribution, but in far smaller quantities.

11-03-2001, 08:04 AM
When I was in Mexico a little less than a year ago they were very common at a store like Walmart called Chedreau. I spent most of my time in Jalapa where there were three stores and a little time at Boca del Rio were there was one. Most of the cards were in Spanish but a few were in some Oriental language and one was even in English! They were all very common there except for Maul and JarJar. They were being sold for about $2 there. Amusingly they had many, many Orange card Leias as well but not much else in the way of old stuff. Well there you go now you have a good excuse to go vacation in Jalapa and surrounding areas of Veracruz.

Julian
11-07-2001, 09:26 AM
I bought all 8 in Malaysian Borneo for about $30. Haven't seen them before or since!

I have carded pics on my site in the figures section: www.tysoe.com (http://www.tysoe.com)
They were the start of the slippery slope into carded collecting for me.