PDA

View Full Version : anyone order Eopies from r2dtoys.com?

rebeltrader
10-23-2001, 07:52 AM
Just curious if anyone who ordered from here received there items okay. LMK.

cameo
10-23-2001, 10:55 AM
Haven't received it yet.......waiting.... images/icons/rolleyes.gif

MacLeod
10-24-2001, 12:06 AM
R2Dtoys have a rather dubious reputation here in the UK...

darth_epidermis
10-24-2001, 12:58 AM
I considered it, but I will not order from Ian at R2DToys. After asking him, politely, if the boxes were the U.S./Japanese version, or the UK version, he told me he had no idea and that it was MY responsibility to find out. WTF? That's what I was TRYING to do. He also didn't make any promises on receiving one in a Mint box. He then proceded to insult me, even though I repeatedly asked him to cease emailing me. He's trash.

Gadders
10-24-2001, 01:11 AM
Just gotta add my bit...

I got mine fine. The deliery was delayed, but that was due to the postal service and not r2dtoys.com.

Mine was MIB, and they have always been helpful and polite with me.

They have had problems with an employee in the past, which is why they seem to have a slightly dodgy reputation. But as far as i am aware, that employee is no longer with them.

I have bought from them a number of times and have always had good service.

Cheers
Adam

10-25-2001, 01:06 AM
I bought 5 of their swimming Jar Jar cases on ebay + 25 Star Cases. I payed via Paypal and received my Items on the next day!!
WOW! Only $5 for express shipping.
ok, England to Germany is not so far, but this deal was great.
images/icons/smile.gif

Draven
10-25-2001, 03:06 PM
gadders how did yours come? I ordered 2 of them two weeks ago. They should have been here long ago. I got a message today saying he wasn't sure how they were sent. They use all the carriers. But gave me a tracking number. I have no clue were to use the dang thing! I was pleased with there service in the past. But this response kinda has me worried. I'm waiting to hear back again, but nothing yet.
Draven

rebeltrader
10-25-2001, 05:21 PM
Im with you Draven. I ordered mine over 3 weeks ago and still have nothing. I contacted them several times and they tell it me it shipped 3 weeks ago. Im a little concerned. He did tell me he would ship another so we shall see. I used paypal and believe I can try to get my cash back. It was only 28 bucks. Ill stick to www.thetoyshop.com (http://www.thetoyshop.com) next time.

Draven
10-25-2001, 06:02 PM
Yeah I used Paypal and will give them a little longer. If not i'll go to paypal and try and get m money back. Keep me informed on your end here and I will too.
Draven

Gadders
10-26-2001, 12:15 AM
Draven,

I am in the UK which is probably why mine came quicker.
Our postal service is going through a poor service patch at the moment.
Mine was sent "next day delivery" and took 5 days!!!! And thats to the UK.

If you are in the US, i suggest you be patient.

To track your parcel, using the code they gave you, go to Royal Mail (http://www.royalmail.com) and click on "track and trace" at the top.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Draven
10-26-2001, 08:37 PM
Seems I finally got some help. Be a little more patient guys. The anthrax crap is behind the delays. Mine should be here Tuesday.
Draven

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Draven ]

10-29-2001, 08:15 AM
I also ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't received it as of late last week so I gave them a call on Friday. Very friendly and very helpful...they assured me it was on the way. Lo and behold, it arrived in the mail today. Package was in great condition, and they threw in a small bonus to boot. So, if you ordered one, it's coming.

my_kind_of_scum
10-29-2001, 03:42 PM
Good to hear that these are showing up. I also ordered a couple a little over two weeks ago and hadn't received them yet, but the folks there had been really friendly in all of their e-mail correspondence. I e-mailed today asking if I could get a tracking number, but since most of you are receiving these, I feel a little less nervous.

neal73
10-29-2001, 06:01 PM
I ordered mine the same time as Adam and had them turn up a week late also BUT it was postmarked for 11th October and paid next day delievery by Clive at R2Dtoys so it's the post office to blame. The UK post office is crap at the best of times, and with recent events delays are inevitable - it took 3 weeks for a package to reach me from Canada recently.

As for their dodgy reputation, thats a matter of opinion and seems to be made from people who have never bought from them before. Unlike some dealers they actually have a shop you can go to should things go a bit Pete Tong.

I also got an extra suprise in my package from them - Tatooine Showdown Cinema Scene, the first time ANY dealer has ever done that.

I know with singing their praises so much it must sound like I'm on their pay roll or something, but I've never had anything but good service from them, and a good dealer is hard to come by in the UK!!

cameo
10-29-2001, 06:02 PM
Mine showed up today, yay!!!

Draven
10-29-2001, 07:33 PM
Got mine today too. Came with 2 break apart Battle Droids too. So that was cool of them. I really don't think the delays were their fault. And the e-mails I recieved from them have always been quality nice. But sometimes confusing. Oh well i'm pleased with them overall. I would order from them again in the future.
Draven

10-30-2001, 07:30 AM
I also noticed mine was postmarked 10/11, the day I ordered it....meaning the delay was not their fault.

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: googly-moogly ]

neal73
10-30-2001, 07:36 AM
As Hannibal Smith would say - "I love it when a plan comes together. Now get me out of this bloody coffin, I'm not dead yet".

Vintage_SW
10-30-2001, 09:06 PM
As Hannibal Smith would say - "I love it when a plan comes together. Now get me out of this bloody coffin, I'm not dead yet".

Sorry Neal, he is dead. Hannibal is buried less then five minutes from my parents' house in his hometown of Dearborn, Michigan. My brother's friends used to hop the fence of the cemetary and smoke cigars at his gravesite.

my_kind_of_scum
10-31-2001, 01:15 AM
got word from them today and they gave me a tracking number for UG. I'm not sure what UG is. I tried that royal mail site, but it didn't work there. Does anyone know?

thanks

darth_epidermis
10-31-2001, 01:37 AM
I recently got another rude email from R2DToys, this time from Clive, even though I asked, then told, them to stop emailing me, and I have not been emailing them to elicit such emails from them. What a rotten place.

Apparently, as the Brits would say, they're "Pete Tong!" Or, as we'd say, bushleague.

neal73
10-31-2001, 03:04 AM
What?!?! next you'll be telling me that Murdoch is a closet trekkie, Face likes to appear in shampoo adverts and B.A. drinks milk.

10-31-2001, 08:20 AM
Got my Eopie today via FedEx.

Julian
11-07-2001, 09:45 AM
I had heard bad things about the company but decided to find out for myself, since I work 30 minutes from their "shop". The shop only opens occasionally, so I always ring before I go, and it is still not finished (most of the stock is in boxes and there are no lights in the place). On the plus side, they are very friendly and helpful and have a lot of stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere.

They only had 2 eopies in the shop that day, both were in battered boxes, but since I knew the person I was buying for was an opener I didn't mind too much. I also got a swimming Jar Jar case for 16, plus about half of the bonus battle droid figures I was missing, so I was very happy with them!