PDA

View Full Version : TPM DVD in-store display...

SithCrusader
10-18-2001, 09:04 AM
The store display I saw at a local Tower is a pretty cool life-size stand-up of Maul, my question is if you had a shot at getting that store display would you get it?

I think he'd look pretty good as his usual bad-*** self standing amidst an SW collection, which is why I asked the manager for it - and he said I could take the extra display they received by mistake! images/icons/grin.gif

Not a bad haul just for asking, IMO!

rmschneider104
10-18-2001, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the score of the display! Would I want one... yes and no. Yes, it would be a cool addition to my collection. But in reality, I don't have the space for it. I am at a point where my display space is limited and something that big would take up just too much for me.

Dirty_Sith
10-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Well i wanted it so i got a friend of mine to get one for me. Its pretty cool and it has shelving for figures and stuff. I am running out of room though.

Darth_Meskin
10-30-2001, 10:52 PM
I like this display, the Maul pose is nice. I'll get one eventually, probably on Ebay. For some reason, I've never had luck asking for displays at the stores. They always say, "We throw them out when we take them down, we can't give 'em away, it's store policy, etc. etc. blah blah blah..." I respond to this, of course, with my usual string of screamed expeletives and threats of physical violence until they drag me out of the store.

Anyway, I can never get them to give me these displays for free. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Darth Meskin ]

SithCrusader
11-07-2001, 09:25 AM
Darth Meskin: I can remember asking for only one other store display in my mere 30 years of existence (a "Blade Runner" theatre poster from a Mr. Video - remember them? - aeons ago) and getting the same results you're talking about: ZILCH.

I never asked again until now, and SCORE! I suppose the key is to never hesitate to ask - all they can do is say no, drag you outside and beat you like a Taliban woman who forgot her veil...